“Delightful and comfortable apartment”

Review of Crooked Elbow

Front entrance and garden
Sitting room/dining room Bedroom with queen bed
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Sitting room/dining room
Bedroom with queen bed
Kitchen with fridge, stove, microwave etc
Living room with cable TV
Achilles Bay in St George's
St Catherines Beach in St George's
Tobacco Bay in St George's
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
Angela885
Vancouver, Canada
“Delightful and comfortable apartment”
Reviewed 17 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016
people found this review helpful

I loved Crooked Elbow. Everything you need is there and all the comforts of home. The owners were very caring and knowledgeable. Anne Rowe who lives above the property was a delight to chat with. She invited me to her beautifully decorated home for a cup of tea and we chatted for some time on her huge balcony with a wonderful view of the unfinished church. Everything is in walking distance and the bus stop is literally on your doorstep. The bus pass saved a lot of money as I used the buses and ferries every day for the week I stayed there. Couldn't thank them enough. Only had time to go to Tobacco Beach once as I wanted to make good use of the bus pass and explore the island. When I stayed in Hamilton my second week I went back to that beautiful beach. When I checked out Anne allowed me to stay until late afternoon as no guests were arriving that day so I spent a few hours at Tobacco Beach and went to the unfinished church and St. Catherine's Fort, not to be missed. Anne also allowed me to keep the bus pass as I left May 30 and it wouldn't be needed on the 31st so I had the pass for 8 days instead of the seven and I used it to go the zoo and aquarium which is well worth a visit too. I would definitely go back to Elbow Cottage. Mark Rowe gave me excellent directions from the airport to give to the taxi driver so there was no problem finding this wonderful home. I was almost in tears when I left. I loved Crooked Elbow and St. Georges and hope to return one day.

Travelling group: Solo
newenglan...
Boston
“Great location”
Reviewed 22 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016
people found this review helpful

We have previously rented Taylor House from Mark Rowe and found out about his mother's property from him. Crooked elbow is a guest apartment attached to Mrs.Rowe's home. We had our own garden with seating, a lovely sunroom, small kitchen, formal living room, bath/shower, master bedroom. There were beach towels and a freezer pack which we used in our collapsible cooler. It is a short walk to tobacco bay, fort St Catherine, Gates fort, Somers Garden, the square, the waterfront shops and restaurants and the ferry. The bus and ferry passes saved us a significant amount of money. We did not require scooter and only needed taxi to and from the airport. There are cheaper grocer but they are not close by so we relied on items we packed and perishables were purchased at Somers. Wings Chinese was a good take away and White Horse Tavern had yummy pizza, burgers and fish tacos. Temptations has great sandwiches and ice cream. We took ferry to dockyard which had nice British restaurant. We had breakfast at home each day, packed some snacks and lunches for days out. Some days we went out for a meal then just relaxed in our garden. The owner lives up stairs and was very accommodating allowing us to check in a bit early and depart an hour late. If we had been unable to do t she was still going to let us store our luggage until it was ready. The neighborhood is pretty quiet. We had the odd dog or cat wander through from neighboring yard. We had lots of birds, lizards and butterflies. The home itself is historical and the apartment has some great unique bits. It's not a five star but it was homey and comfortable enough. If you need laundry there is a laundry mat a few doors down at end of road. You won't find Dunkin or Starbucks but Somers has keureg with many options and a to go section for all meals pay by weight.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Lack of towels
Derek D
“Great apartment and great location”
Reviewed 9 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015
person found this review helpful

Bermudans are friendly people. Lots of places to visit. We found the caves with water by Tom Moore's jungle. Took part in some of the guided tours organized by what seems like some level of volunteer group. I found many locations for pen and water colour sketches

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Good location and quiet
Liked least: not really a problem, but cannot see the sea through the windows
Older travelers
HappySalt...
Salt Lake City, UT
“Charming apartment in a lovely vedanta home”
Reviewed 13 August 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

We were amazing at the roomy apartment. We celebrated our 50th anniversary there. The owners were very gracious and friendly. The kitchen had enough applicances and cooking supplies avaiable to make cooking there very convenient. We cooked mostly all our meals. The grocery store, which was just a few minute walk, had adequate supplies. Loved their steaks and chocolate biscuits. At our age, we really appreciated their very comfortable furniture. It was nice to relax in the evening to watch the cable TV in a beautifully decorated living room. We had pleasant walks to a couple beaches nearby and with free bus tickets, we were off to the other parts of the island enjoying various outings. They even had free for laundry service down the street which was another plus. Over all, we must say that Crooked Elbow is a great place to stay. Thank you.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the whole property was so inviting. I like the little lady who lived there. She was delightful!
Liked least: Since we live in semi-arid Utah, the humidity was a big change for me.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Bryan D
Portland, Maine
“You could not do better than Crooked Elbow”
Reviewed 28 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015
people found this review helpful

We had the great delight of spending two weeks at Crooked Elbow in late March this year. It could not have been better. The apartment is ideal for a couple and very comfortable. The location can't be beaten. You have a walk of 100 yards to the bus stop to connect to the whole island, you have a Laundromat at the corner of your street, and a nifty grocery store is just around the corner. On top of that, you're in St. George, a beautiful historic area where everyone is friendly. The owners were gracious and accommodating and could not have been nicer. We love Bermuda and loved this apartment and would unqualifiedly recommend it.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: bedsheets
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing