All reviews george's club dee dee the cottages the bus the kitchen on site beach house bedroom cottage golf course tennis courts tobacco bay off season private beach shuttle service large pool free shuttle spectacular views
Reviewed 3 October 2018

The location is wonderful atop the hill overlooking the town of St. George's and the Bay. However not every apartment has that view so if that is important to you than you must arrange for it by looking at the map of available spaces and choose accordingly. The apartment was well equipped and clean. Service was good. The restaurant
in the main building was very expensive and better meals could be had for the same prices in town. I was there in off-season and that may have been the reason, but still...
I'd book again but only for a room with a view.

Date of stay: April 2018
2  Thank Alan M
Reviewed 2 October 2018

I was a member of this timeshare property for over twenty years and gave up my timeshare recently due to management changes, finances and health. This facility sits on a hill overlooking the Town of St. Georges on the western end of the Island, a 10 minute taxi ride from the airport. It is a picturesque setting of small efficiency casitas, three pools, tennis courts and a club house with bar and restaurant. Many of the well maintained cabins have spectacular views of the bay, surrounding islands and the town. Descending an outdoor staircase brings one to the quaint village (a World Heritage site) where there are shops, restaurants, pubs and water activities. The Club maintains a private beach and restaurant on the far side of the island via a short walk or shuttle bus. There was a golf course next door but it was closed some 5+ years ago. There was talk of reopening it, but don't know if that actually happened or not as of this writing. There are 8 other courses on the island but transportation is required. Access to the rest of Bermuda including the City of Hamilton and the Royal Dockyards is by: public bus (cheapest), taxi, ferry or scooter rental.

Date of stay: December 2017
1  Thank westiedog1
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

We've been visiting Bermuda for over 20 years and have stayed at The St. George's Club several times. We enjoyed our stay and the bungalow we had this time was overlooking the main pool with a great floor plan - up and downstairs. Unfortunately, the unit is definitely showing its age and could use a major overhaul. I understand many units have been refurbished, but this wasnt one if them. The staff, as always, were friendly and accommodating. We opted to eat at Blackbeards over Griffins restaurant on the main property just because of the view. The food was better than I remember - very good actually - had the steak, potatoes, and veggies. And, of course, had to top it off with a dark and stormy. Too bad there weren't many people eating there.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kim W
Reviewed 27 September 2018

I was on the island for a one night stay here prior to boarding a ship. The apartment was well equipped and shuttle was super convenient. Note the unit was infested with ants so I would not open my suitcase but to retrieve what was needed. I brought my concerns to front desk on check out and was casually told is an island problem and she had them at home and even in her bed. Um...yuck. Ants are an easy fix and I learned noone else on island had the same issue. Lots of dust, etc. Housekeeping seems simply lazy. I enjoyed this quiet part of the island, the property grounds were great as was the gentleman who shuttled me around. I would hesitate to return here unless I was certain I could open my suitcase.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank anna3372
Reviewed 28 August 2018

Our family vacation at the St. George's Club was fabulous in every way. The views from the club are breathtaking. The accommodations were fantastic. The cottage was newly renovated and very clean. Dee Dee and the staff at the front desk are always so pleasant and helpful. We are always greeted with a smile. We could not have asked for a better place to stay. The St. George's Club is home away from home. We thoroughly enjoyed every minute of our vacation and look forward to Bermuda at the St. George's Club next year.

Date of stay: August 2018