“The most ABSURD place, a total rip off!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lighthouse Bay Resort Hotel

and 1 more site!
Lighthouse Bay Resort Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Codrington
“The most ABSURD place, a total rip off!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

Never have I been to a place where I felt so cheated and taken advantage of. Yes, it is a nice strip of beach to walk on but the place itself is hardly worth 1 star as the value for your money is outrageous! The unimpressive food on the lunch menu is a joke: salad for $100, a chicken sandwich for $60...and if that isn't enough a 25% service charge is added. If you don't want to be a fool DO NOT GO HERE. Desolate, poor service, low standard overall at exorbitant prices.

• Stayed January 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
25 Thank Schwbo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Boone, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

Lighthouse Bay is georgous and the staff is superb- the only reason I rated the resort as high as average. However, the website is misleading. One of the pictures for the grand suite includes a soaking tub - did not exist (at least in our suite). The arieal view includes pictures (not an artists' rendition) of Villas located along the beach and the website describes these Villas-they are non-existant. Each suite was supposed to contain a laptop computer and an IPad-not in our suite. I was excited about the "French inspired" wine list, imagining chef prepared cuisine paired with perfectly matched wines only to discover upon arrival that no wine list existed and the choices were very limited. During our 5 day stay, they "ran out" of Sparkling Wine, Vodka and Diet Coke - how does that happen in a 5 star resort with a price tag of over $1,500 a day? Perhaps if we were novice travelers the resort would have been more impressive; however we have traveled all over the world and Lighthouse Bay was one of our disappointments.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
18 Thank Lovefivestartravel
PAris
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

I tried to stay at this hotel early November. I phoned a couple of times, no answer, I sent a mail, no answer.
For such a five star resort, I found it unacceptable. I could have booked direct by internet, without knowing if the hotel was open or closed, but at 1000 $ a day, you expect something else.

Finally we stayed at North Beach, and loved it.

Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
21 Thank bouleke
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

I'm nervous about posting information about Lighthouse because one of the things my husband and I loved was the fact that we were only one of two couples staying at the resort.

We arrived by water taxi and we were greeted with face towels and island drinks. We were given an overwhelming tour of the resort and were introduced to the staff. Terrance said, "Here is your beach. You'll notice there are no footprints in the sand. The only prints, will be yours."

The photos on the website do not do justice to this place. And Terrance, Ann Marie, Wade, Monica, Luella, Brian, Cowen, Chef Lennox, and so many more very special people did everything they could to make our stay special.

I was very nervous about booking and I emailed and spoke to Terrance quite a bit to ensure the resort was what we were looking for. When we arrived it was obvious it was so much more than I could have imagined.

My husband and I lost our luggage from American Airlines, so we were in the same clothes for a couple of days in Antigua. When we arrived in Barbuda, Terrance assured us he had anything and everything we would need. We actually needed nothing (there were excellent amenities in the suite) except one day's laundry to wash the clothes on our backs - and it was taken care of. Terrance found our luggage and I'm not sure how he did it because I'd been calling everyone I could find for two days. But within 36 hours, Terrance (and his staff, friends, and countless others who work with him on Antigua and Barbuda) had our luggage in our room.

I was also nervous about the food (as I am a plain eater). If you've ever stayed at those resorts with five or six restaurants, people always tell you that you can find food at any time. And if you happen to not like lunch or dinner one day, you can go to a different place to find something else. Friends and family gave us worried looks when we told them there is a Chef and three meals/day included - meaning, if you get hungry in the middle of night, you can't run down the street for a late night snack. I mean, I'm from Texas and we eat a lot of beef! What if I couldn't eat lobster for a whole straight? So, as I always do when I travel for business or pleasure, I brought packets of tuna and peanut butter just in case I got hungry in between meals. I had to bring it all back!!! My husband and I didn't touch anything we brought. Terrance even stocked the mini bar with lots of drinks (prior to our visit I told him we drink quite a bit of water). He had bottles and bottles waiting for us. I do regret that we drank all the water and I really didn't take advantage of all the wonderful beers and local soft drinks he stocked there - there just wasn't enough time.

Everything was grown fresh and made from scratch. I ate things I usually never like - it was that incredible. Four course dinners, and perfectly portioned and plated breakfasts and lunches - we gained weight actually from dinner I think. We had lamb, pork tenderloin, lobster, calamari, steak - you name it. Having a personal world-class chef is something special.

Upon our departure Terrance took us to the airport and waited two hours to be sure we made it on the plane.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
13 Thank AnAustinGal_T
pjkerrigan, Owner at Lighthouse Bay Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you so much for your kind and flattering review of our resort. I would like to take this opportunity to announce that our resort has discontinued the all-inclusive offering. There is no need to worry, we have lowered the room-only rates to a rate that allows our guests to take full advantage of our excellent cuisine and provides a better overall value.

Nothing else has changed, we are still providing the same unforgettable experiences and we hope to see you again soon.

Warm Regards,

Patrick
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

My wife and I went on our honeymoon at Lighthouse Bay in early July 2011. We are not world travelers by any means as we are both only 26 and have done only a handful of cruises to standard destinations. However I put a lot of time and research into picking the perfect honeymoon destination and Lighthouse Bay did not disappoint! I kept the entire honeymoon a surpise to my new wife and to say she was blown away by Lighthouse Bay is an understatement! We are huge beach people and the beach Lighthouse Bay sits on has to be one of the best in the entire world. Its an amazing sight to look down the beach and see nothing but miles of sand, the beautiful water of the Caribbean Sea and not a person in sight!

When you first arrive in Antigua you are greeted by a gal who will ask what resort you are staying at and then direct you to the helicopter. The process is very smooth. From there it is a 15 minute helicopter ride to the island of Barbuda and Lighthouse Bay. My wife knew this place would be special when she found out we were taking a helicopter to get there. When we landed we were immediately greeted by the GM, Terrence. He showed us to our room, which he upgraded for us because it was our honeymoon. :-) It was a master suite and everything was very nice. The bed was huge, the shower was even bigger, and the kicthen area was always stocked with beer, water, and soda. The wireless internet worked flawlessly and the satelite TV was nice as well.

All of our meals were unbelievable. Chef Lennox made some of the best food I have ever had in my life. The staff was always around and very friendly. My wife and I really enjoyed getting to know everyone. You have to remember that Lighthouse Bay is a very small and intimate resort. The personal touch that goes into everything is unreal. When you want to eat breakfast you do and your table is ready and waiting. Rather that be 7 or 10:30. Same thing with lunch and dinner.....whenever you want to sit down and eat you just do :-) I really cant emphasize the personal touch enough, you have to visit to believe it. Everyone knew what we liked to drink right away, if my wife left something on the floor she quickly realized it would be washed and pressed for her and ready the next day, and the bonfires that were built minutes after we sat down for dinner are just a few. Sorbet in the afternoon while were on the beach under the umbrella was also great!

The one excursion we did was spear fishing with Speedy and we had a great time. The horseback riding on the beach is something that we want to do on our next visit.

I put hours of research and time into finding an unbelievable place to take my new wife for our honeymoon and Lighthouse Bay lived up to everything ten fold. We loved the beach and the very personal and intimate setting. Terrence and his staff did and unbelievable job and made us feel right at home as soon as we stepped off the helicopter. Terrence even sat down with us on our last night and had desert and a glass of a wine. He told great stories about all of his experiences and travels.

Lighthouse Bay is an amazing resort that had everything we wanted in a honeymoon. All of our friends have been blown away from our stories of the helicopter ride coming in, to miles and miles of sand and sea, and of course the spear fishing with Speedy!

We hope to come back in the near future and enjoy this amazing place again!

Rich & Erin McLean

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Richdawg72
Also consider these accommodations in or near Codrington
6.6 km away
#7 of 16 in St. John's
Paradise Beach Nevis
Paradise Beach Nevis
#4 of 7 in Nevis

Been to Lighthouse Bay Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!