“Wow! International delights at a reasonable price”

The Lazy Turtle Aruba
Price range: USD 18 - USD 25
Reviewed 16 January 2018

We stayed at the Holiday Inn and ventured a short walk across the street to this place and we delighted with our find. The food was outstanding and the prices were right. We highly recommnend if you are looking for something a little different with an international flare.

2  Thank Wendy Kay D

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

We have had dinner twice in three days and it’s likely we will go back again. The African smoked fish was incredible and tonight we had barracuda. Wow! The fried rice or garlic mashed potatoes are perfect sides. We lucked out and had the same waiter both nights. Ask for Donald if you go...he’s terrific! Great experience on an island filled with so many options!

3  Thank Lori S
Reviewed 14 January 2018

We were a party of 15 people and the food was great along with the service. We have also gone with smaller parties and the same is true

2  Thank Chris A
Reviewed 13 January 2018

Have been several times with a small group and loved it. Spoke to the owner's in October to see if they could accommodate a party of 14 the first week in January.
They said no problem and they were right on target! Service was one of the best we received our 2 weeks on the island. We loved having Donald as our server Food was excellent!!! Mushroom soup was delicious as was french onion and caesar salad. Everything from pasta to fish to burgers was enjoyed by entire party. We will be back for sure!

2  Thank yfishman8
Reviewed 12 January 2018

The food was good, standard Aruba - solid seafood, drinks were a little too syrupy/contained too much artificial flavor for my taste. Overall, a solid dinner spot, comfortable location around the town center area, and a good prix-fixe dinner offering.

However, I had a problem with the service. I had a few questions about the menu, like how large the side portion that came with the dish was, in case we wanted to order more of the side. These questions seemed to annoy the waiter, almost as if we were trying to test him or catch him off guard.

I am allergic to milk and cream, so I informed the server of this to ask if the dish I was interested in had these ingredients. He gave me one of those condescending pauses "...um okay that's weird."

How unhelpful and insensitive of a response. Sure, not everyone has food-related restrictions. Unfortunately I do, and I apologize if that is inconvenient for you and if your restaurant is unable to accommodate me. I would prefer to be notified of this, rather than be told how weird my allergy, something that I have to be cognizant of no matter where or what I eat, is.

1  Thank Melissa C