2,540 results
All reviews blt club level an executive suite paddle boards sushi family pool beach cabana other hotels steam room adult pool beach staff ocean front pool service four seasons lobby bar beautiful property turn down service
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

This was not my favorite property. So many reasons that may not be a problem for some, but at this price point they should have better quality. Out of taxi and boom, the tipping begins. They are very well trained to pass you through 3 staff members for guaranteed tipping before you even see your room. Nice enough staff checked us in, but really no idea how to communicate just what location the room would be. Booked ocean FRONT. Joke!! It’s a big misconception. It’s like a fishbowl. Ocean view is sufficient, don’t pay up from that. Then the upsell to get you to 7 floor concierge for an additional $169.00 day. Im a platinum member and no upgrade was offered. Hotel was not sold out. Walking to your room is a workout with very long zig zag hallways. The room smelled like paint. And had a beat up small brown fridge randomly plugged in. I said that I didn’t order a fridge. It was there because the one in the unit under tv was missing. More crap in the room. Asked them to take away twice. No need, she had to empty it first. Why?? Stained carpet and the most ridiculous crescent shaped desk blocking a good portion of the room. The lobby has constant fake coconut smell, overpowering amount 24/7. Why?? Solanas for breakfast....Overpriced to the maximum. Not always a warm greeting there. Like they r doing u a favor. First morning the immediately ask breakfast buffet or menu, we said we don’t know yet? Haven’t seen it. Breakfast buffet was 35.00++, staff understands English to a point. Again too much of a corporate feel. Weak quality. Not enough food labeling. Then there’s BLT Restaurant on-site, count on $100 per person if you want a steak, drink and dessert. To soften the blow of your $15 cocktail They include popovers. Really over the top. The outdoor area leading to beach has sun tan lotion and water to use. I guess that’s what they consider a luxurious perk for free. The chairs on the best part of the beach, facing the water are rarely available. Get ready for tipping once again, and the beach staff race around on their segways all days long to accommodate the guests. Zipping by all day. Friendly enough pool personnel , but when 3 or 4 staff get together it’s nonstop loud conversation and at times it’s really close in proximity to where you are sitting. It’s loud and noisy. Really you could have been in Florida at any Marriott property. Not impressed. Such a Massive property for such a small amount of beach area. It’s literally a job to get a chair and umbrella for your space on an okay part of Palm beach. Pools are shallow 3 1/2 ft. Adult pool shallow, doesn’t make sense. I wouldn’t rebook in future.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karen H
Bas_Olde_Riekerink, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Dear Karen H,

Thank you for your feedback. Our apologies for the experience you had while staying with us in regards to some of the interactions and the set up of the room.

Please allow me to discuss these points with the team,

Warm Regards,

Bas Olde Riekerink
Assistant Rooms Executive

Reviewed 31 October 2017

We celebrated our 25th anniversary by taking a trip to Aruba and staying at the Ritz-Carlton. What a wonderful choice as the staff at the Ritz made us feel special and the Concierge helped us make all the reservations for restaurants and activities. I would highly recommend the Ritz for any special trip you may be taking to Aruba.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company
Reviewed 31 October 2017

The first time we stayed here we were blown away. This time, it was a lot of little things added up that became frustrating and didn't seem to meet the expectations and previous experiences we had with Ritz-Carlton.

I'll start with the things that irritated so that I can finish on a high note:
First, we requested in the online reservation to get a crib for our infant daughter. Upon going to the room, there was no crib but I asked the bellman to send one up by 7pm and he said he would (it was mid-afternoon). Upon going to the room in the evening after dinner, no crib had been delivered so we could not put our daughter down. I called housekeeping and 20 minutes later, a crib was delivered. Not the end of the world, but I had to ask essentially three times.

Next, my sister and her husband's flight was cancelled when they were returning to the states and they needed to stay another night. Since we were in a suite (which was amazing - and we appreciated the upgrade for Platinum status), we had a pullout sofa. I called around 4pm and requested that when turndown service was performed, the sofa bed be made up so that it was ready for them when they came back from dinner that evening. Upon returning from dinner to put our daughter to bed, the sofa bed hadn't been made up yet at 8:30pm. I had to call down a second time to have the sofa bed made up and they had to do it while our daughter was sleeping in the other room - holding my breath the whole time that they didn't wake her up (they didn't).

Lastly, despite great service from some of the staff at the pool individually, the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. The pool staff seems to need more people or more oversight. They never seem to be where your need them when you need them. For a few hours at a time they might be really attentive, and then missing for a couple hours and hard to find. Drinks sometimes arrive in minutes, other times 30 mins later. Food sometimes comes out perfect and hot, other times, cold and not what you ordered. Towels were rarely replaced. It was hard to find the pool attendants to get chairs - always had to go looking for them. The kids pool has NO SHADE. The adult pool had more shade than the kids pool - makes no sense. This is an easy fix - a big canvas tarp tied to a few anchored steel poles above part of the pool would fix it easily. Kids have sensitive skin and would be nice for them to be in the water and protected from sun exposure.

The Good:
Dylwin, Luis, and the ladies in the pink polos all worked really hard to make sure we had all we need. I never saw them stand still - it just seemed like they had too many people they needed to serve and shared responsibilities at the Madeiro restaurant along with pool service doesn't seem to be a good idea. It makes pool go-ers and restaurant folks alike feel somewhat neglected.

The folks at the Divi Bar - Cornel and another woman whose name is escaping me did a great job.

Timothy, Bell/Concierge went to the grocery store for us to get food for our daughter so that we could enjoy our vacation. That is Ritz Carlton at it's finest.

Frangina setup spa appointments for us and also coordinated travel to and from the airport as well as escorting us to our room upon arrival.

Spa services were excellent and the staff helpful and accomodating. Gym staff the same.

Overall - it was not a bad experience but it wasn't an amazing one either. My wife and I stayed on Marriott points but the other three couples we convinced to stay at the Ritz with us paid over $8,000 combined for their stay based on our recommendation. The last time we stayed in 2015 every bit of our stay was a wow. We were blown away and we thought our family would be too - or at least we hoped. They weren't disappointed, but I don't think they walked away thinking that the Ritz was better than their usual stay at the Marriott Ocean Club. In that, I think there is unfortunately some level of failure. You're not supposed to say Marriott and Ritz Carlton in the same sentence as a comparison - they're supposed to be in different leagues altogether.

We will stay here again I'm sure, if for no other reason than to be absolutely certain that our experience this time around was a fluke. I look forward to finding out.

Room Tip: The longer your walk to the room, the better the view. Corner suites at the end are amazing.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2017

When we want to escape the northern Pa cold weather, Aruba and the Ritz Carleton is our go to heaven! Guaranteed perfect weather combined with the atmosphere and luxury of the Ritz makes for a perfect relaxing retreat.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

We are checking out in the morning.. I can’t sleep so I decided to give my review.

Love it list.. grounds -view. -Location-food-staff...restaurants amazing.. this has been a very nice trip , we are here for business but also fun. With friends.

Hate it list. LOL. mosquitoes I got bit several times. It does not matter what I do. The little boogers love me.

Yes the hotel is pricy but still not as pricy as some ritz I have been to...

I hope to return to Aruba again

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business