Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa
USD 439*
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino(Palm - Eagle Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 308*
USD 268*
HolidayInn.com
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort(Palm - Eagle Beach)
USD 361*
USD 196*
USD 318*
Barcelo Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)
USD 733*
USD 509*
USD 366*
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino(Palm - Eagle Beach)
USD 463*
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)
USD 1,161*
USD 720*
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Playa Linda Beach Resort(Palm - Eagle Beach)
USD 267*
  • Beachfront
USD 350*
Orbitz.com
All reviewsfrozen grapespool bartenderboutique hotelsand barpool areafresh towelssalt and pepperper daynight liferenovated roomnice poolrental carlounge chairshigh rise hotelsarubabeachisland
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Stayed for 3nights/4days (Mar 2-5) and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. From some negative reviews and room rate that is lower than other hotels in the area I was bracing for the worst.

However, when I arrived the staff was nice and helpful, the lobby was clean/neat with modern island decor, and the room was spotless. Tile floor, all-white beddings, lights, desk/night stands, rain shower heads, sink/toilet seat all looked brand new. Hangers in the closet were real wood hangers that you can remove normally, unlike the cheap kind that hook is permanently attached to the rod (I hate those kinds as if I'd steal them!) They even had a pair of brand new white waffle cotton robes and terry slippers in the closet. I was impressed.

Pool outside was small but clean with swim-up bar, plenty of sitting area with nice loungers, umbrellas, and sofa/table sets that looked very new as well. There is also a small gym on the first floor with a few machines, TV, towels and water and all the equipment looked pretty new.

Continental breakfast is served at their restaurant - a muffin, toast, croissant, fruits, ham or cheese, coffee/tea and orange juice.

Only a few minor negative would be the A/C (wall unit) being kind of loud and Wi-Fi connection was spotty, but this property had gone through major upgrading/renovation and overall I am very satisfied with my stay. I would definitely go back to Brickell Bay when I return.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank sydneytheturtle
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We checked in for one night February 4,2012 at 4oclock and were told our room was not clean and we had to wait. I raised a fuss and all of the sudden they said it was clean. They gave us a room overlooking a parking lot. Little did I know the parking lot was for a night club, loud thumping noise all night. Our room was freezing and no blankets just a sheet. We were miserable. We told the front desk in the morning and the just gave a blank stare and told us to enjoy the rest of our vacation. The continental breakfast was really bad also with stale bread. Needless to say I would not recommend this place to my enimies.

Room Tip: don't go there
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank bobbie111
Reviewed 2 March 2012

The accommodations are simple but ok. But the service is awful! There are no employes enough. We spent almost one hour in a line of guests to proceed our check in! The breakfast service is very slowly and they aren't sympathetic. The rooms doesn't have light at their center. there is no fridge at the rooms. I won't get back there.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fabiomti
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Reviewing this hotel is somewhat perspective based depending upon ones expectations. If you expect to have lots of ammenities and an immaculate room as shown in the professionally done photos you may be disappointed. If you are open minded and expect to spend little time in your room or on the property then this is the hotel for you.

Upon arrival we were ushered into an older room that had not as of yet been renovated nor was it well cleaned. I complained about the room and management attended the room with me and agreed that it had not been properly cleaned. The room was immediately cleaned and the following morning we were ushered into a different room that had recently been renovated and was wonderful. It was cleaned daily and the towels were changed very regularely but a few times we were missing a towel or two as we were three in the room but this was a very minor issue. The beds and bedding were very clean and comfortable as well.

The hotel is located right in the middle of the high rise hotel area and there are numerous restaurants, clubs and ample shopping within a minutes walk. The hotel is not situated on the beach but it is a walk of less than five minutes to get there. The hotel provides / made arrangements for both beach towels as well as beach chairs but if you wish to sit in a shaded area of the beach (hut,tent ect) you will need to pay extra.

The daily continental breakfast that is included with your stay at the hotel was very simple and included excellent fresh squeezed orange juice, coffee or tea as well as some toast, a muffin and a croisant was well as a couple of slices of fruit some cheese slices and a pieces of grilled ham. Unfortunately, each day was an adventure as there was little consistency as to what each person received at breakfast. Often one or two of the aformentioned items was missing (no muffin one day no croissant the next). However, if you wished you could order from the menu (and pay) for a more North American breakfast (bacon, eggs, pancakes) there or walk in any direction and get breakfast (reasonable price) at a number of nearby restaurants.

The hotel staff was generally very accomodating and helpful. I spoke with Juan Koyter, the hotel manager, as well as several of his staff including Giovanni (nmaintenance), Jo Ann Cremony (front desk) and Helen (spa manager) during my stay. All of them were very helpful and pleasant and easy to speak with. I had one issue where I wanted to make a reservation on the Jolly Pirate ship and was told by one of the front desk girls that it was not running as it was Carnaval weekend. I discovered the following day that it was running and had a fun time on it. I was a little disappointed with her not checking for me but as it was Carnaval I believe that it was an understandable mistake.

All in all the hotel suited the needs of me and my family as we did not expect five star high end accomodations and ammenities. It is a cute and comfortable hotel that appears to be moving forward with renovations and upgrades. I enjoyed my stay and would recomend it as a hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Buddy9714
Reviewed 19 February 2012

It didn't start out so great but once I got to my room it was. The rooms are all newly renovated and neat and clean. The front desk help were very helpful and sympathetic because I was one of the first to check in and one of the last in my room. They kept telling me another half hour, another half hour, another half hour. Got over that. They were even willing to give me a free dinner at Tomato Charlies for the inconvenience, but I didn't take advantage of it. I just wanted to get to my room because I had plans to meet friends at Holiday Inn to watch the Super Bowl game. Stanley the bellman is an incredible and accommodating individual. Very helpful. I spent my first week at my timeshare and then checked into Brickell Bay for four nights. It was really great to be in the high rise area. Great location without paying $300 a night. Free internet in the internet lounge, continental breakfast included, and two complimentary drinks at the pool bar . It was a great value. I'd do it again.

Room Tip: My room overlooked the Arawak Gardens so on a couple of nights I could hear all the music going on down there but it was no big deal.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo