“Beautiful Resort”

Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Reviewed 15 August 2017

I just returned from a visit to this resort and it was beautiful. We booked the two bedroom penthouse which was absolutely amazing. We had an issue with the washer/dryer combo and when we called maintenance was up within 10 minutes and said he would replace the unit. Since our clothes were still wet, he told us to go enjoy the facilities and he would turn on the dryer for us. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The service staff at the Ocean Pool Bar were very friendly and attentive. The food there was very good. My only complaints are 1) the elevators have no air conditioning. When we left to go to dinner, we were sweating on the 7 flights down. 2) on our last day we ate at the Pure Ocean breakfast buffet. The reason we decided to go, knowing my 12 year old niece eats like a bird, is that they said the charge for kids over 5 was $9. She ate one small pancake and a piece of watermelon. When I got the bill, they charged her as an adult. While I realize it is only an $8 difference, the sign was very misleading. The should have put an age limit on it as I consider her to be a kid not adult. When I mentioned this to the server she basically did nothing. Other than those two issues, the place was great (also convenient to the other hotels, shopping and water sports.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms appear to have ocean view unless you are in the older section of the villas -- poo...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank JeanneAfromPhilly
Divi2017, Guest Relations Manager at Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Jeanne, we apologize for any misunderstanding over the breakfast buffet. We will be reviewing this with our resort management team.

We are however, delighted that you enjoyed your stay, our facilities and amenities and the location.

We do hope you will consider staying with us again on your next trip to Aruba.

There are newer reviews for Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort

Reviewed 15 August 2017

We just returned from a wonderful week at the Divi Aruba Phoenix. Everything was perfect with our unit upon arrival. Everything went flawlessly for the full week. Housekeeping came in each day to take care of the used towels and remove the trash. Front desk, bellmen, and the waiters at both restaurants were more than helpful and pleasant. We will definitely return to again enjoy the beautiful views of the Caribbean Sea. Beautiful beaches with sufficient umbrellas on the beach.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Flo M
Divi2017, General Manager at Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Flo, thank you so much for your kind review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, our facilities and our location. We hope you will return and visit again very soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

The property was absolutely gorgeous, and in a perfect location to the beach, restaurants, and various tours. The rooms were spacious and beautiful, and we had a great view of the ocean.
One issue I had was the treatment of the staff. Although most of the employees were wonderful, a surprising amount of them were somewhat short and inhospitable. I'd occasionally order a water and get an eye roll in return, or ask for towels to be replaced, only to find them still on the floor. One of my friend's AC units was not working, and it took a significant amount of pleading to get the problem fixed. Is this a reason not to book? Absolutely not, but when you're on vacation at a resort like this, I think you hope for a little better service. If I ever went back to Aruba, I would certain explore other options

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank Awahlberg

Thank you for your review. We certainly will share your comments and look into the service issues you encountered. We pride ourselves on being responsive to our guests needs and the maintenance of our resort. We apologize for any inconvenience or lack of service that occurred. We do hope you will come back and visit us again.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Beautiful resort to visit, stayed a week with friends who own timeshare and love it! Very well kept, clean, accommodating staff. Only thing keeping it from 5 stars elevators need upgrading which is a minor thing if you stay out of your room and enjoy great weather. Rooms had everything !

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jetsnut

Thank you for your review. We are currently working on the refreshment of all of our rooms and we appreciate your comments. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

First of all the resort is beautiful!
Not sure if my issues are resort related or Expedia related. I booked using Expedia a one bedroom beachside villa. All the images shown for the room type had beautiful ocean views. When we got here we got a room with a pool view. Same room type just not beachside but pool side. Called the desk to let them know it wasn't what we booked and all they could do was move us in two days. Our travel agent called and was told that we should have requested a room type. Noting was on Expedia's confirmation telling us that. So beware if you book with Expedia to ask about this even if it doesn't say to request it from hotel. Expedia only gave us back $100.00 credit.
I checked out several other sites to see if they all had the same description of the one bedroom beachside villa and all the one's I checked do.what I got compared to what is shown is not the same location of room and there is no warning saying some rooms may be pool view.
The resort is beautiful and i hate to give them a average score but when booking with Expedia you really need to make sure you get what you are booking! I don't know what else we could have done to assure it as Expedia had nothing on my confirmation that says to contact the hotel on location request for the room and the hotel is saying we should have requested a beachview and very misleading because my confirmation says beachside and the images shown aren't what I see.

Room Tip: Double check with hotel on room type when booking with Expedia.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Tracey C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
2.1 km away
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
0.7 km away
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#14 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
1.4 km away
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#18 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.9 km away
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
1.1 km away
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#10 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
1.4 km away
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
#5 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort? Share your experiences!