I really take exception to the review that said the Divi Phoenix is "just OK." I was there the same week, my ELEVENTH visit, and I will say that some of the other guests staying can really be impossible. Rude too. Allow me to correct that misguided review:
1. The rooms are BEAUTIFUL. Yes, the towers and new penthouse suites are nicer than the older section, but the lower-priced rooms in the older section are well appointed. Not ONCE did I ever smell mold, nor did I speak to another guest there who did. We always stay in the newer section, but then again, we're not looking to nickel and dime it on vacation. How much time do vacationers spend in their room, anyway?
2. There is a gigantic book at each concierge desk with menus from EVERY restaurant on the island. Let the concierge know what kind of food you're in the mood for, and they personally review the book with you and make your reservation. Sergey is the BEST, so anyone who has a problem with him goes into the "difficult" category.
3. The food at both Pure Beach and Sunset Beach Bistro is EXCELLENT. Horrible? Go down by the Marriott and eat at MooMBa, if you want substandard food. Or worse, blow $6 on a hot dog at the "Nathan's" kiosk at the airport, then throw it out after one bite which is pure nitrates.
While at the Phoenix, the catch of the day or any fish dish on either menu is "can't miss". Also surprisingly good (this coming from someone right outside of New York City who knows a thing or two about the finest food) is the pasta bolognese at Pure Beach, found on the children's menu. We shared with the little one and ended up ordering it ourselves a couple more nights. An ample portion and at about $7.00, one of the best bargains on the island.
While at the Phoenix this past week, I walked to both the Westin and Riu to use the ATM machine. NOTHING "Caribbean" whatsoever at either resort. The Westin felt like it could have been Palm Springs California or Palm Beach Florida. I'd never stay there. The Riu was AWFUL. Like staying in a giant mausoleum in Europe. The guests there were NOT smiling. All uptight like "I'm paying $5,000 for ONE WEEK so nobody better get in my way." The staff at both the Westin and Riu were not happy, likely due to the overdemanding, impatient "guests" running them ragged. First time visitors to the island who stay at the wrong resort, will not come away with the impression of "One Happy Island." Those who stay at the Divi Phoenix will definitely come away with that feeling!!
I met plenty of other people at the Divi Phoenix who, like myself, stayed at the Marriott Surf Club before and found that resort not to their liking. You want "just OK?" Go stay THERE. Fight over pool chairs and palapas. Wait 45 minutes on the beach or pool bar for the server to bring you a drink (due to overcrowded conditions). I met other guests who owned at La Cabana and Playa Linda who wanted to trade for the Divi Phoenix after just a few days, and first time visitors who wanted to buy not just ONE week at the Phoenix, but TWO weeks, like we have.
I could never stay at the Divi Phoenix just once per year. It's the ONLY place we go on vacation to now, and we've been to many other islands. As beautiful as all Caribbean islands are in general, the difference in Aruba, is its PEOPLE. NOWHERE are the people of Aruba better represented by way of kindness, than at the DIVI ARUBA PHOENIX.
Yes, you can't please all of the people all of the time. Judging by the prior review, you can't please some of the people any of the time!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Divi Phoenix Beach Hotel
- Hotel Divi Phoenix Beach
- Aruba Phoenix
- Aruba Divi Phoenix
- Divi Phoenix Aruba
- Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort Palm - Eagle Beach