Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort(Palm - Eagle Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 275
USD 267
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino(Palm - Eagle Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 144
USD 137
USD 476
USD 406
Hyatt.com
USD 441
USD 377
  • Pool
Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa(Palm - Eagle Beach)
USD 619
USD 455
USD 280
USD 264
Priceline
Hotel Riu Palace Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)
USD 588
USD 540
  • Pool
Marriott's Aruba Surf Club(Palm - Eagle Beach)
USD 348
USD 315
  • Pool
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)
USD 618
USD 409
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 477/night.

2,054 results
All reviewspure oceanswim up barwasher dryer combofull bathroomsolder towerone bedroom suitethrough rciother hotelstime sharejacuzzi tubbutterfly farmhigh rise hotelstimeshare ownersmusty smellgrocery storekiddie poolhappy hour
Reviewed 1 June 2011

We recently stayed at this beautiful condo and highly recommend it to others. The resort is extremely clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. If we needed anything, they were very prompt in filling our request. You not only can walk along the front of the resort but there is also a beautiful walkway beachside as well. The beach stretches as far as you will want to walk. But don't worry, if you walk too far to return, just walk through one of the neighboring hotels to the street and catch the bus back for only $1.30 US.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cattlelady50
Reviewed 30 May 2011

Well this was our 2nd stay at the phoenix in 8 months time. Some things have changed at the resort in that short time. I want to start by saying i am in no waying complaining. Just want the resort to notice these things. They used to rake the sand and clean up around the resort more last year. It was appreciated. The price of breakfast went up $3 plus now the tip of 17.5% is added in. This has caused the staff to not pay any attention to you considering its a buffet. I mean seriously 2 people and u cant remember who got a coke and who got coffee. And they seem to want to push u out once ur done. Tip added in on a buffet is a bit much considering what they have to do. The view and location is awesome. The staff up front is good but not great. U can tell that a few try to solve any issue while some just blow it off. U MUST stay in the new towers. The old towers suck. We had them switch rooms due to ants taking over the kitchen. Had to throw away food which they didnt seem to care about but we were thabkful to have a room change. I think the only reson we got that is bc we had rci call them since our word didnt go far. Within 15minutes they had us a new room. We will be going back and look fwd to ju and rafael at pure beach.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 26 May 2011

Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort is located at the end of the high rise strip. It is quieter and more private than the more crowded section of the high rise area.

My family of three stayed here for a week during May in their one bedroom beach tower building (the newer building).

Room: the room was fantastic. It was very spacious. Although we stayed in the one bedroom suite, we loved the fact the room was equipped with two bathrooms. The kitchen was modern and sleek and had fridge, dish washer, granite counter top, etc.

The room was generally clean, although I did notice a little pest issue. I saw cock roaches on three occasions, all at night, when I first turned on the room light.

Service: the front desk people were wonderful. The concierge was helpful, although they were also responsible for giving you a ten minute timeshare presentation, which I found somewhat annoying after being asked to listen to it repeatedly. The maid service varied depending on who was cleaning your room. The first maid we had did not clean our room for two days straight. I met her only once and she gave me a few towels and shampoos. The second maid we had was wonderful. Our room was cleaned everyday after she took over the duty.

Restaurant: Pure Beach's food was tasty and the decor was beautiful. We ate there quite a few times. The service ranged from good to excellent depending on the waiter. There were night live entertainment on some days of the week. The atmosphere was great.

Sunset Beach Bistro was terrible on the other hand. We only ate there once for breakfast and decided to never return. The breakfast buffet selection was so so but the service was completely a joke. There was a sign at the front of the restaurant saying "please wait to be seated". No one ever came to seat us. So I asked the waitress at the bar whether we could take the liberty and seat ourselves. She told us to continue to wait but never bothered talking with us again, although she was standing several feet away from us the whole time. Finally, we decided to seat ourselves. We sat at an empty table, but another couple showed up later and told us they already took that table. It was just that their waitress never poured their drink so the table looked empty. We apologized and found another table. We then saw the same situation happen to other newly entered customers. Nobody seated them and no one really knew which table was truly empty (it was a buffet so people got up and moved around all the time). Many of the wooden chairs had bird's poop on them, not really appetizing. I was also worrying our toddler would pick the bird's poop up just out of curiosity. Our drinks were poured very late and no one ever came for refill. Upon leaving, I asked for a copy of the receipt because the waitress did not leave me a customer copy. She rolled her eyes at me - behind my back, but my husband saw it. The restaurant automatically charged 15% of the total amount as a tip. Maybe that's why these staff had no motivation to provide any service. We went to Westin next door for breakfast buffet from the next day and were much happier. Westin's breakfast buffet had much better selection, much better service. It was more expensive, but not much more. Westin also automatically charged tip (17%). However, their staff did not withhold service because of it. I don't know why Divi would allow Sunset Beach Bistro to ruin their resort. The service was worse than what you would expect at a two star hotel. It was really a shame.

Beach: we stayed during the low season. So the beach was never crowded. We could get beach chairs any time of the day. The sand on the beach was not as smooth as I expected. It had shells in it. The water was OK, but not spectacular (on par with Cancun, but cannot compare to St John). However, the water was much better if you took a boat and went some distance from the shore. We heard that Arashi Beach had the best water in Aruba but we did not have a chance to visit during our trip.

Swimming Pools: There were several pools including a very shallow baby pool. Our son greatly enjoyed them. The lighting around the pool changed colors at night and it was quite beautiful.

Wifi: no free wifi. You can buy daily or weekly access. It costs $50 for a week's access.

Other Activities: we booked tours to visit Natural Pool, Natural Bridge, Donkey Sanctuary from ABC Tours. It was fun but the ride to Natural Pool was very bumpy. So be well prepared. We also visited the Butterfly Farm next to the resort. The farm was very small, about ½ acre. If you were generally interested in insects and animals, you might find the tour interesting and educational. However, if you are not into these things in general, you may find the entrance fee ($15) not worth it. The farm does allow repeated entry during your entire stay.

Overall, we had a pleasant stay. The best parts of this resort were its rooms - spacious and new (in the new beach tower only. The old building was very outdated according several reviewers here) and value (less expensive than many other resorts on the high rise strip). However, service was not top notch. If you are used to staying at Hyatt, Westin, or Marriott, you would not find the service on par with the other hotels.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank littleteahouse
Reviewed 24 May 2011

My husband and I chose to stay at the Divi Phoenix for our 5th anniversary trip. We had originally booked the Hyatt Regency but as our trip got closer we decided to switch because the Hyatt was literally double the price and did not offer private balconies, or should I say balconies at all. We are very happy we made the switch! Although the Phoenix is more of a time share place, I thought that the new tower was very nice, modern, sleek and clean. There was no smell that other reviewers spoke of and if there had been I would almost be able to undertand why, given the humidiy and people leaving the sliding doors open. We ate lunch at Pure Beach a few times and were happy with our meals. We ate breakfast at Sunset Beach a few times also, which was buffet and did leave much to be desired. I might suggest Gilligans for breakfast, which is along the walking path and attached to the Radisson. All and all, we were very pleased with our coice to stay at the Phoenix instead of the Hyatt which is no doubt gorgeous, but way over priced right down to a round of drinks! It is also very family friendly! We didn't bring our daughter this time but are already thinking about booking our trip back there next year with her!

Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lisa0912
Reviewed 20 May 2011

Booked the 2 bedroom Penthouse suite and was pleasantly surprised. Suite came with everything you would need for an extended stay, everything from plates and cups to blenders and electric can openers. The resort is a time share property, so at some point you may be asked or duped into talking to someone who will try and sell you a time share. It was a little annoying, we tried to book a car rental from the concierge and was taken to the sails office instead. All in all it was a nice place to stay, lots of older couples and families, may not be the best spot for the younger crowd.

Room Tip: Call the divi toll free # and book it your self.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends