3,919 results
All reviews sea breeze ocean tower oceanside bar seabreeze restaurant ihg member all inclusive package ocean front oceanfront room pelican pier kids club all inclusive plan stand in line waiting in line shopping and restaurants other resorts towel hut family vacation
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

When I heard my parents booked this hotel for a family vacation I was a little concerned. I haven’t stayed at a holiday inn in years and I knew not to expect much. I read some of the online reviews and that worried me even more. I was going to be spending 6 days here and almost bummed about staying here.

I was absolutely surprised how much I actually liked the hotel. I had a garden view room which actually had a side view of the ocean. The location is great. Many good restaurants and bars were in walking distance... Casa Tua, Pelican bar, Giannis etc. Lots of shopping nearby. The beach itself is beautiful. The hotel grounds were very nice. Lots of places to sit outside and just relax. We spent some time almost every night just sitting outside and relaxing before dinner.

You have to wait on line at designated times to reserve a beach umbrella. I thought this would be an issue but if you don’t mind waiting for 20 - 30 minutes it wasn’t a problem. You definitely need an umbrella if you are going to stay outside for more than an hour or so.

Here are some of the pros and cons:

Pros
-Great outdoor spaces
-Plenty of beach chairs
-Great beach
-Nice open air lobby
-Bar across from the lobby had the best bartenders/servers
- great location
-rooms were large and had mini refrigerators
-comfortable beds

Cons
-only 1 towel per person at towel hut but you could return them for fresh towels
-service was inconsistent. The older female concierge was awful she made my mother wait for 30 minutes while she was checking in airline pilots something the front desk should do. She was completely rude and unprofessional.
- check in was extremely slow. The slowest I have ever experienced.
- some of the staff were very nice but some were rude
- in room shower was very dark and impossible to shave in
- in room toiletries were basic- shampoo, soap, conditioner and lotion

Overall I had a good time at this hotel and would probably return. For the price I thought it was very nice.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank 2ligirl
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn. The beach is beautiful here, and so close to the lobby. The palapa’s were reserved by lottery. We won one every day we weren’t at an outing. I have never been to such a clean beach hotel with this much traffic to and from the beach. Hotel close to so many restaurants. We did not purchase the all inclusive, but the drinks were good and 2 for 1 at happy hour. The breakfast buffet was excellent. My only complaint is that we had to leave.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Jennifer P
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear Jennifer P,
Masha danki for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

was great vacation with my wife second time for us in aruba and not the last ! great hotel very good located, not noise during the night, near to restaurant and bar and with two shopping center . Nice pool bar and private beach . will see you in June!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear nicoflo8,

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Purchased a stay at hotel through Priceline, which tried to contend that this was a 4 star hotel NOT SO. We had to leave. We have a child with CF and right outside our room there was standing water, which burped when I washed my hands in the bathroom sink. Odd, disgusting, and unacceptable. Room was musty, small and cramped. The problem with many Tripadvisor-type self generated reviews is that most people would not want to classify their own vacation experience as poor. But trust me, this is a 2 star experience, at best. Very disappointed in both Holiday Inn and Priceline. I don't recommend it.

Room Tip: if you want 4+ star, do not book through Priceline or trust their rating classification.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Pablo P
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear Pablo P,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel and please accept our sincerest apologies for the disturbance you have experienced during your stay due to the room conditions. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. Please contact us at hiraguest.experience.manager@ihg.com with further details so we can personally follow up. We value your comments and welcome the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

The Holiday inn has great staff and excellent location. The beach is great and very large. Walking distance to many great restaurants and shops. The biggest downfall is it's old and needs updates. Double beds are too small too.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank R T
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear R T,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for sharing your experience. We are happy to know you enjoyed our service and location, we also appreciate your feedback because it helps us to improve. We hope to see you back again soon.