All reviews ricky thomas the waters edge restaurant chickee huts full kitchen time share three bedroom through rci pool aerobics twin beds bedroom unit bob's pizza happy hour home away from home workout room daily maid service high rise year after year
Reviewed 6 July 2018

We went back to Costa Linda for the second time. We totally love Costa Linda and Eagle Beach and plan to visit again soon.

All the amenities and staff at the Costa Linda are unbeatable. We enjoyed eating, drinking, and participating in the planned activities. The drink of the day at the bar are always fun to try and, the food is excellent. Best ceviche that we had in Aruba was here. Waters Edge food is reasonable, tasty, and nice portions.

Special thanks to Jessica and her water aerobics at the pool. We didn't gain any weight eating and drinking thanks to her great workouts!

Our housekeeping was superb and all the maintenance staff was always working hard to keep the grounds sparkling clean. The rooms are in the mist of having the furniture replaced and although our room still had the old furniture, it was still nice and comfortable.

We didn't get a rental car because it is easy to ask the front desk to call for a cab which comes quickly. It is only $9 each way to high rises and surrounding restaurants and $22 each way to the airport. Really no need to go anywhere is a cab or rental car if you don't want since there is the casino, coffee shop, convenience market, spa, Italian restaurant, Pizza restaurant, several bars, and water sports within walking distance.

This is the place to stay for sure!!! Thank you !!!!

Room Tip: Nearly all rooms have a pool or ocean view! Just check out the map for the room you are considering.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank VegasGirlOhio
Gerardo G, Online Reputation manager at Costa Linda Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Hello.
Thank you for sharing your comments with us and the community. We are truly grateful to you for choosing us as your best option for your recent trip to Aruba. As one of our valued guests it has been a sincere pleasure serving you.
Speaking on behalf of Costa Linda Beach Resort, we feel very happy that you have enjoyed the enhanced quality of our resort. We will continue our efforts to meet your requirements and expectations in the future as well. Meanwhile, your unwavering support and trust is what gets us out of bed in the morning.
Your comments and feedback have helped us shape our resort to best fit your standards. Again, thanks so much for choosing Costa Linda Beach Resort.
We look forward to serving you for many years to come.

Reviewed 6 July 2018

This is a weird review for me to write. Some background. My husband and I traveled here 3 years ago for our 10 year wedding anniversary. Our children were with us. We had stayed at the Marriott Aruba Surf the week before (we own there) and we loved the Costa Linda so much more. It's more our style. We have three young kids and the Aruba Surf was a little too much (that was our first time visiting). We prefer smaller resorts that are more quiet with maybe one restaurant, beautiful pools, and beautiful beaches. The Costa Linda checks all of those boxes. So, this year, we had decided we were going to buy into the timeshare there. We booked a two week trip. Again, one week at the Marriott Aruba Surf (we already own that week) and one week at the Costa Linda. We literally had the complete opposite experience.

First, let me say, the Costa Linda is beautiful, the beaches are beautiful, the pool is beautiful and the rooms are nice as well. Really, very little issues there. You do have to pay for Internet and there are no washer/dryers in the rooms. But, they do have washer/dryers on the floor and although you have to pay to use them, it was okay....not as convenient as in the room, but overall the 2 bedroom is nice and large.

Now with the bad. The security and people working here have literally LOST THEIR MINDS. Literally, from the moment we checked in till we left it was one battle after another. If you want to be constantly harassed during your vacation this is the place for you!

On check in, the lady says your baby will not be able to swim in the big pool. Huh? Yes, no diaper aged children in the big pool. Ok, we understand this. There's only one pool and some people obviously not using swim diapers have obviously spoiled this for the rest of the parents with small kids. But, here's the thing. My daughter is potty trained. She's not in diapers. The lady says, no she looks too little. We flash her panties and display she's not in a diaper. Well, you need to bring her passport up here to prove she's three years old. No, I'm not making that up. So, after unpacking we had to go bring her passport up to the front desk or else, she couldn't swim in the pool. Ok, that was a little weird, but hey we are on vacation. Not going to let the little things bother us right.

Next morning, we go to the pool. Now we are using the blue colored towels and wearing armbands which we purchased extra to open our room doors. Doesn't matter. A security guard stopped us at least 4-5 times in two hours to ask what room we were in and our names. Ok. Seriously, I realize maybe people are sneaking in here. But, there couldn't have even been another 15 people at the pool. Again, we kinda brushed this off as maybe they have just gotten a little strict. It was annoying but okay. We dealt with that issue every single day of the trip!

Next day, during happy hour. I have my two for one pina coladas on the pools edge, now everyone around us are happily drinking their drinks I see no issue with this. Here comes Barney Fife waving his finger at me. You can't have your drink in the pool. Ok, sorry I didn't know that since there is literally 10 other people sipping their drinks who are in the pool. I point this out. He says, no their cups are on their edge, you picked your cup up and drank it in the pool. Apparently, when I swung around to check on my 8 year old I had lifted my cup up. Really, I'm starting to get somewhat frustrated with the feel of a military compound while on vacation. But, again, I just say thank you and move on because I'm trying to enjoy my time off of work.

I'm still trying to enjoy our last few days. A couple of days after Father's Day they are having bingo in the lobby. Well that sounds like fun, so my 8 and 10 year old head to the lobby. The lady is cutting a cake and placing it in on plates. We are a few minutes early maybe 5 minutes for bingo but my two kids are salivating over the cake. It's also my 10 years olds birthday. I say well go ask if you can have a piece or is it for sale? The lady responds to my 10 year 'No, it's not time you can't have a piece. You have to wait for the pizza'. Now, there is a right way and a wrong way to say this. I understand she doesn't want him taking a piece until the right time. But again, I'm from the South, you can use manners when speaking to a guest, especially a child. You can state this information without being so rude. Now at this point I've just about had enough of this place. They bring out the pizza. Now she has about 20 plates filled with pizza and cake. So, my 10 year old again says can I go ask for a plate. I'm like yeah sure. Again, the lady says in the rudest voice possible, 'No, it's not time yet.'. Now, there's like 30 seconds before bingo starts and it's my 10 years olds birthday. He practically came back in tears.

At this point, I tell my husband he needs to go ahead and cancel the meeting with the sales lady because I'm not sure I want to own at this place. These were just a few examples of our week. Another time, they took my boys' noodles away because they were slapping each other with them. Ok, no problem there. If my husband wasn't paying attention and the kids were getting out of hand, I have zero issue with another adult correcting them. But, when my husband got up to speak with the security guard to apologize for the boys horse play. The guard never offered to give us our pool noodles back. My boys say no 'she said we weren't going to get them back she was keeping them forever'. I'm like no she just meant you can't play with them in the pool because you were being too rough. I'll go speak with her. Well, at first, there seemed to be a little resistance about giving me our pool noodles. I had to ask like 3 times for her to hand them back to me. Again, obviously, this was a language issue or something. Surely, this lady didn't think she was keeping our two pool noodles?

Well, then on our last full day there the final issue made me double think the pool noodle incident. I ended up having to work so I'm in the room part of the day. My husband, his mother, and my three kids go down to the beach. They bring our bag filled with our beach towels, pool goggles, sunscreen with them. They decide to play football on the beach instead of going swimming. My three old plays with sand toys near by with grandma watching her. At some point during the day. A costa linda security guard takes our bag. When my husband and kids return from playing football a little ways down the beach, they start asking where is our stuff? Now, literally grandma is sitting 5 ft away with my three year old in tow but she never noticed. Finally, they track down that Barney Fife has taken our bag. Well, we need our bag, we have sun screen and all of our towels in it. So, my husband, calls down to the main desk who transfers him to the guard shack. The guard says yes we took it. You weren't there all day and people were complaining. Well, see the problem is we were there, my husband says I can show you pictures on my phone. And, grandma was out tanning watching the three year old 3 seats away. No, you guys were gone all day. You will have to get your bag tomorrow. We've locked it up.

At this point, my husband says 'no not acceptable'. We are flying out tomorrow and plan on packing tonight. You need to return our stuff. The guy continues to say 'No, you can pick it up tomorrow'. Seriously, now my husband has had enough. And, he says where are you? Are you at the guard shack? Because, I'm headed out there to come get my stuff. Finally, when my husband heads out there and confronts Barney Fife, after about 30 min, he agrees to give us our stuff back. But, he's confiscating our pool towels. No, I"m not lying. In his explanation to my husband is that you are leaving tomorrow anyway.

When my husband returns to the room, I say why? Why did he keep our pool towels. He says well he said you can't have those back you are leaving tomorrow. I'm like but can't we go swimming this evening while I'm packing?

Anyway, seriously, I would have given this place one star had it not been for the beautiful beach and pool. I get the feeling this more a 'retirement community of condos' rather than a place for families. We are not big drinkers in fact I think the two pina coladas we had one day during happy hour may have been the only drinks we ordered all week. So, I don't want someone to think we were a rowdy family drunk in Aruba who didn't like the rules. This was overkill. These people are losing the forest for the trees.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
7  Thank Heidi H
Gerardo G, Online Reputation Manager at Costa Linda Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Hello.
Thank you for sharing your comments with us and the community. We have thoroughly read your review and we are also shocked and disturbed. We are not used to writing apology letters to our owners and guest; usually it's only "I'm glad you're happy" messages. But mistakes happen sometimes despite all the safeguards in place. In the event of such rare and unfortunate situations, we can only apologize and try to offer a suitable resolution. We feel that we owe you our deepest apologies for the inconveniences that these situations have caused.

We are very serious about our guest’s satisfaction and we work hard to get to the bottom of any guest inconvenience. This missed opportunity to give you an enjoyable experience with us is something that we could never abide by. We are in constant pursuit of perfection and are already working on solutions that will prevent similar problems from occurring in the future. To ensure that this will never happen again, we are taking action in adjust our processes in order to prevent each one of this situations.

This would not have been possible without you drawing our attention to your case. We take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback which allows us to serve you and other guests better.
We value your trust and hope you can give us another chance to serve you.

Kind regards

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

Everything you need is at this resort. Coffee sandwich shop, spa, store with all necessities, bar close to the beach, and a casual restaurant. Free movies with popcorn every Tuesday night on the beach. Also a very nice pizza restaurant and an excellent Italian restaurant are on the property—easy walking distance. This resort is a very relaxing place. great ocean with no seaweed. You will hate to leave. Also excellent staff.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank margaret s

Hello Margaret.
Thank you for sharing your comments with us and the community. It has been a pleasure serving you and we feel so happy to know that you have a wonderful time with us. We appreciate your kind words about our resort. Costa Linda Beach Resort takes pride in giving priority to their guests and looking after their needs. Quality and customer service are what distinguish us from others. We always strive to exceed our guests’ expectations and meet their requirements.
Thank you again for choosing us. Looking forward to having you as one of our valued guests for many years to come.
Kind regards.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

I booked costa Linda beach resort back in February 2018 for arrival in December 26th for eight nights for 2 adults and 3 children but last week on June 10th they just cancelled and we are left in limbo as I can’t find another hotel near the beach for 5 of us

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank Natnu
Gerardo G, Online Reputation Manager at Costa Linda Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Hello Natnu,

Thank you for taking the time and share your experience with us and the community. We would like to apologise for the trouble you had experienced recently. This comes as a shock to us given the attention we devote to every owner and guest. These incidents are not typical of us and we are disturbed about this as much as you are, therefore this incident will not pass un-scrutinized.
We have taken many steps to narrow down the causes, however we couldn’t find your reservation. In order to obtain more details about your experience, could you be so kind to send your confirmation number through our contact form of our official website? Your case will dealt with in a strict and urgent fashion.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

We enjoyed a wonderful week at Costa Linda....a clean, well appointed resort. Our rooms were nice and we enjoyed the pool area which we found to be quiet and peaceful. The service around the pool and restaurant were great and we felt very comfortable

Stayed: October 2017

Hello.
Thank you for sharing your comments with us and the community. We appreciate your trust. Our success comes from the continuous faith in the excellence of our service, something we are committed to and would never sacrifice.
Looking forward to serve you again in the future.
Kind regards from sunny Aruba.