37 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUSD 560
Expedia.comUSD 560
TravelocityUSD 560
7,926 results
All reviews sports bar building b don nicolas specialty restaurants main building junior suite buffet restaurant nachos our honeymoon all inclusives make reservations all inclusive resort nightly entertainment towel clips beautiful island musty smell ocean view
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 May 2021

My Wife & I visited last week to celebrate our 23rd Anniversary. We were pleased by all the safety precautions and staff prioritizing and reinforcing masks. The bartender at the Swim up bar said "I'm Wearing my mask, So you can Enjoy yourself" which I thought was awesome show of the new post covid-19 hospitality. We enjoyed and hope to return soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2021 via mobile

We came to the RIU to celebrate my sons second bday. This resort is amazing and we never wanted the leave. All the food was very good (though the restaurants fill up so you need to be early or wait til late). Service was flawless and the entertainment staff went out of their way to find us on the resort, sing happy bday to my son and even brought him a little gift. I’m so blown away I’m an RIU fan for life and plan on visiting other properties soon!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ambrai5
Reviewed 2 May 2021

My friend and I were very pleased with our stay. The food was fair, but the pool and beach were amazing! Everyone made sure that we were safe against covid. Bryan at the pool took extra measures to make sure that our days at the pool were comfortable and relaxing! He was great! The entire staff were very accommodating and friendly. The rooms were a little moist and “damp” but everything else made us overlook that. My Friend and I can’t wait to return!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank aliciahD8142JF
Reviewed 26 April 2021 via mobile

In at least two of the buildings, moisture and mold is really an issue. They tried to paint over parts of it when we were there, but that does not hide which poor state the place is in. I cannot imagine this place would pass a real review from health authorities. One in our group had to change room as the bed linen even felt moist.

Half of the staff has forgotten the Aruban slogan of one happy island - or the hotel has managed to hire those few, that are never happy? Although Dwight in reception is a star! He is always really helpful and pleasant!

This place is equivalent to Sunny Beach (or equivalent destination for Booz/party vacation) - so if you want to relax in Aruba and enjoy the beach (without health risks from moldy building and being forced to have all-inclusive) this is not the location for you!

The only reason why this place still gets a two star from us is because of location. The beach is perfect!! And luckily for us, most of the people who liked loud music and partying from 10am stayed at the pool.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank RTINL
RIU Hotels and Resorts, Owner at Hotel Riu Palace Aruba, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2021

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel Riu Palace Aruba.

Please know that our hotels are well prepared to face the humidity caused by the Caribbean climate, but it is of course a challenge to eliminate it entirely.

We are saddened and sorry to hear of the disappointments you mentioned. It is also disappointing to hear that our staff did not leave a good impression. At the same time, we certainly will forward your compliments to Dwight.

This definitely is not the wonderful experience that we strive to provide to our guests and for this reason please accept our sincere apologies.

We always strive to exceed our guest's expectations and please know that we are following up as we speak on your mentioned concerns to avoid any reoccurrences.

Once more, thank you for sharing, your constructive feedback is very appreciated. It is our hope you will allow us an opportunity in the future to regain your trust.

Hotel Riu Palace Aruba
Online Reputation Manager

Reviewed 22 April 2021

Just returned from 5 days at Riu Palace all inclusive. I would give it an overall 4 out of 5 rating. Resort is impeccably clean and very concerned with health and safety
With masks worn by all Employees and public places being constantly disinfected
And social distancing emphasized. They even provided coved testing free of charge to visitors who require negative tests to return home.

We were in room 916 overlooking the beautiful pool and beach. The only problem we found is with the air conditioning. It cools the air but does not get rid of humidity thereby causing a mold smell with the constant feel of wetness on every surface, clothing and Even books and paperwork. We were very conscientious about not leaving doors open but this did not help

The other issue that needs improvement is the quality of the food and liquor and the fact that you cannot order cocktails only beer or wine in the restaurants. The Japanese Restaurant was horrendous and extremely noisy with work being done in the casino upstairs while we dined. The fine dining restaurant Krystal was average and again very noisy. The only restaurant we really enjoyed was the Italian restaurant.

The people however working there were so attentive and lovely. It made our stay very special.

Date of stay: April 2021