7,078 results
All reviews sports bar building b block c don nicolas specialty restaurants main building junior suite buffet restaurant main buffet our honeymoon nachos all inclusives make reservations senor frogs all inclusive resort nightly entertainment towel clips
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

11/5: First let me say Aruba is a beautiful island! Some of the nicest people you will meet when traveling. Riu Palace is a great Resort we had lots of fun!

Guest have the option to use the amenities next door @ the Antilles (Adults only) didn't make it to that side as there is so much to do and see on the family side.

Our checkin was a breeze no issues we booked 4 rooms on the 10th floor and from that level the view is spectacular! No matter what room or wing you are in. All had great rooms with huge beds, lots of space nice size TVs huge bathrooms and spacious showers.

The staff was on the floor evening and morning to ensure all rooms had housekeeping if required.

Room Service is 24hrs which is great if you want to sleep in or don't feel like leaving your room.

We spent most of our time eating at Don Nicole's unlike most buffet style resorts this one has a huge variety with something different each day.
Some of my go to options to have was the ginger tea in the mornings mimosas' towards the end of the meal. Fish for lunch and Dinner with lots of veggies the grilled veggies are the best. The pasta bar was also really good . Over all The menu is Standard American BF. With Spanish inspired options and juice bar. Lunch and Dinner Standard American with Caribbean and Spanish options. The Red Zefinedale wine was the best at Dinner and late evenings. Teamed nights such as Mexican night lots of fun! With a live band!
Sam - helped arrange the Mariachi ban to sing happy birthday to our matriarch of the family Vonnie with a small cake . The staff @ Don was very nice we particularly want to acknowledge Sam and Yolanda who tended to our group of nine on multiple meals and went over and beyond for our group.

We ate at the "Sayuri" the Japanese restaurant but that food was not great at all. The best thing was the soup could of had that in a bigger portion as a main course and would have been happy. After that not so great experience we decided not to try the "Krystal" Fusion restaurant or the Milano" Italian restaurants. However if you arrive early and don't like those options you can walk right over to the buffet.

There are a number of bars to choose from!

The Sports bar my husband and god father hung out there watching sports in the evening. Large Multiple TVs for different options. That was the go to place for snacks in between meals or late night.

Another option would be the cafe which had pantries and goodies and coffee and tea options.

Had some casino fun great for late night fun!

When you are ready to get off the resort and explore Palm tours was a great choice we took an all day island tour Ray was our driver Bus # 27! Ray was excellent he knew not only the island history but fun facts. Aruba is about 19 miles wide and 6 miles in width so you can literally see the whole island in a couple hrs! Our tour included a private island lunch and fun on the beach! Baby beach was really nice the water is so calm it's great for families with little ones you don't have to worry about waves or under currents.

We also rented a Van and did some exploring on our own which was lots of fun. The tour group also helped with that.

The resort is so close to the strip you can also just walk over to lots of shopping and restaurants.

We had a wonderful time on our trip most of the Riu staff and or vendors will help make any stay great!

As with any vacation there are bumps along the way only reason I didn't give a 5. We did bump into a few unpleasant issues such as a really bad smell on the 10 Fl. Rude bartenders over at the pool bar the ceiling in room 1006 had a previous leak and the plaster where the ceiling fan is stated to fall off during our stay. A few Rude staff @ Don.

Tip: don't leave on a Sat. the airport is way to busy! Save yourself the stress and leave on any day except Sat and Monday (attendant advice).
Aruba has the us customs clearance so give yourself time as you will take a bit longer when leaving but the + is when you get back to your home airport much easier!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank AmetteNB
Reviewed 5 November 2017

I believe in giving honest reviews and detailing the good and the bad so I'll start with the good. I have a background in commercial design and have run a restaurant so I know what I'm talking about.
So I submit the following;
Nice complex and good staff. The buffet is very good and there is a woman working in the buffet worth noting. Her name is Yolanda and she's top notch. She was a true pro and a pleasure. She made every meal so much better. A lot of the staff is like that from bartender's to cleaning to maintenance. Well rum place.
If you like a party atmosphere this place will make you happy. I was there for 2 weeks so it got a bit annoying at times but it was fun seeing people enjoy themselves.
The beach is nice but due to how the building are placed it creates a wind tunnel that can sand balst you. DO NOT wear contact lenses otherwise you will be in a world of hurt.
The beds where absolutely excellent and made those nights of a few hours sleep a better thing. Late night door slamming was a problem at times but I used whit noise to help drown it out.
The WiFi is excellent and worked great on the beach.
This is a beautiful place but as I will describe there are things that made this place cause me to give it only 3 stars.

Now the bad
If you have respiratory problems go elsewhere. They use a very strong bleach and it gets into the A/C and the smell takes a long time to go away. I have nevr seen seen so many people coughing and most of them didn't smoke. How do I know this? They were all around me on the beach. Being there 2 weeks you see the people around you a lot. The washrooms DO NOT have a FAN and the design of the washroom is bad. The door open right to the toilet. Very stupid. If you like hot showers made sure you do it before 5:00 p.m. as it will be warm to not warm enough. Not a real deal breaker but worth noting.
Also DO NOT get a room near the stage if you like to go to bed early. The hosts seem to think louder is better..its not. I must say the shows were very good and they did work hard to entertain the guests.
The pool is very noisey but fun if you're into that.
Now for the alcohol options.
Here is where they lost me.
The Riu website claims they have "Premium liquid" but what they serve and the pool bar is GARBAGE. The dark Rum is nasty. the Brandy is nasty and I couldn't even get a tequila there. For the money they should be serving better sprints. The main lobby bar is better but no Cognac and the chooses are sub par for the money. I should say I'm not a big drinker but when I had to reject 90% of the chooses I was disappointed. I have been to places for far less and had better options. The wine was ok but avoid the Merlot as it is GARBAGE. The Cabernet was ok and the Chardonnay was good as well. The only restaurant worth going to is the Italian one. Do the buffet instead.
Over all I heard so many good things about this place but it didn't live up to the hipe.
We befriended a couple that have been going for the past 4 years and they like myself will never go back. Shame on the Riu for cheaping out on Wine and Liquids. If you speed good money you should have good options. This was not the case. Also the Safes are located low to the ground and are BAD NEWS for the elderly.

Therefore you can ignore my warnings if you don't care what you drink or are not bothered by harsh bleach smells then you will love this place.
I didn't

One last thing THE SLOWEST ELEVATORS I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED and the stairs are not user friendly.

I still had a great time but felt like I didn't get what I paid for. This my 3rd time to Aruba so I know it expensive therefore I'm not clueless...cheers

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
7  Thank gottheruns
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Palace Aruba, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Dear guest,

As a service-oriented hotel chain, we are proud that you have rated our staff and entertainers very well and appreciated their work. We shared your message with Yolanda as she too will appreciate this immensely.

In order to fulfill every guest expectations regarding food, our main buffet and our Fusion food, Italian, Japanese & Steakhouse specialty restaurants are offering a great range of food options and our bars are offering a wide selection of national and international beverages. We are very sorry to learn that we were not able to meet your taste.

As we greatly care about the safety and wellbeing of our guests we will forward your comment in regards to the bleach to our Hygiene department for a follow up, as we do not have records of any complaints before and after your stay from the guests on this matter.

We hope you will choose to visit one of our worldwide available hotels again, and give us a chance to demonstrate the high standards of guest service that are typical at our hotels.

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

The resort itself is beautiful. Beach is very nice, pool is amazing, room is nice as well.
Overall, I rated this a 2 for the following reasons:
~the service was average. We are used to going to Mexico where the service is 5star.
~the breakfast was delicious. Lunch average.
~ DO NOT DO ALL INCLUSIVE. We were VERY disappointed in the dinners here. Steak and fish were not good. If you are a foody you will be very disappointed.
~get to the beach before 8 am to get a seat under a hut/umbrella.
~ room service has 5 options to order from. Ranging from nachos to lox and cream cheese.

My greatest recommendation would be to book your trip as a non all inclusive. The food outside of the resort is AMAZING! Don’t waste your money on all inclusive. Aruba is a beautiful place and we will definitely be coming back, just not to the Riu.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank marissa i

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to share your experience with us. Since our main priority is to make our customers feel comfortable, we are pleased to read that liked the room you stayed in and highlighted the beauty of our beach.

On the other hand, for RIU gastronomy is a very important part of the guest experience. We are sorry to learn that we were not always able to meet your taste with the food served at our restaurants, but we are glad that our breakfast service fulfilled your expectations. We can assure you that we strive to improve our service daily in order to offer all our guests in house and future clients a pleasant stay.

We sincerely hope you will give us another chance to demonstrate the high standards of service and quality that are typical of our hotels.

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

We arrived at the Riu on Oct 27th, 2017. We were greeted with a glass of champagne upon entering which I found to be a very nice touch! We had booked thru a travel agent and requested an ocean view which we received. We had a 10th floor room and we absolutely loved the view from our balcony! We were very pleased with our room except for the tv which had horrible /reception, but we weren't there to watch tv, so we didn't complain. The king bed was actually two full sized beds put together, but we're very comfortable. We were impressed at how clean the entire hotel was. We enjoyed the entertainment provided most nights on the patio, but never received any info on the entertainment that would be provided during our stay which would have been nice. The pirate show with acrobats was great! All the people we spoke with from the resort were very friendly. Found out that some employees speak as many as 5 languages! The food & drinks were all-inclusive. The food on the buffets were good, not what I'd call great, but there was a huge variety. My favorite dinner was International Night at the buffet. Most nights, the desserts looked prettier than they tasted. The Italian restaurant had very good food but the service was slow. We were a bit disappointed by the food at the steakhouse. Even with this, we would stay there again and recommend to friends. We had a great time! I'd give them a 4+ out of 5 rating.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LadyDi1975
Reviewed 2 November 2017

The good - Food was excellent, beach was beautiful, service at pool bar was very good even though we had to walk from the beach to get our own drinks. Room was clean, maid service was good.
The BAD - No drink service at the beach (WHATTT????) Dirty cups piled up on the beach all day & no one cleaned them up bringing lots of ants & birds all day. Had to get up at 7 am to SAVE A SEAT for the day & pool or beach ( HATE THIS!!! ). The chair boys were not around to help us any morning to get our chairs which were piled 20 high. Restaurants were small & closed at 9pm. The first night we tried to get into one of the 3 smaller ones and got turned away at 8pm.
Overall from the front desk clerk who checked us in to the waiters serving lunch & dinner - found them all very unfriendly. This was a big turnoff! This caused us to go home with our tip money.
The breakfast staff was friendly & happy & pretty good service
George at the beach who came up to us our last day there to explain all the beach activities was friendly, charming & wonderful.....He was the happiest, friendliest face at the whole resort.
Happy employees make happy guests, make guests return. Most employees didn't seem happy.
We also had to go to the front desk on day 3 and ask if there was some type of activity schedule. Why didn't we get this upon check in? We were wondering what time things were happening but no one ever told us.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank twenk109
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Palace Aruba, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Dear guest,

Since for RIU gastronomy is a very important aspect, we were pleased to read that you were satisfied with the food served in our restaurants.

We wish to inform that we do not allow sunbeds to be reserved at the pool and we do our best to deal with this unfair practice. Therefore, authorized staff collect any towels left behind by hotel guests during the night or early morning, so that fair access to sun loungers is provided.

On the other hand, we were very surprised to read your comments about our front desk and some of our members of the waiting staff, but we really appreciate your positive comments about our maid service and the breakfast staff and we shared your message with George as he too will appreciate this immensely. Service is one of our key values and our staff is constantly trained in order to offer the highest of standards. We will send your comments to management in case these standards have not been fulfilled at some point.

We hope you will choose to visit us again, and give us a chance to demonstrate the high standards of guest service that are typical at our hotels.