Let me start off by saying any negative reviews you read are a lie! Every single word of the negative reviews is a lie and they are either negative people or competitors. I signed up to write a review just because I knew something had to be said about the negative ones. I can say that with all honesty and let me tell you I am one of the biggest critics out there and the RIU Palace in Aruba won me over. I was so impressed that on my last day in Aruba in the morning I sat in my suite looking up when I could come back.
My boyfriend and I traveled to Aruba from April 5th, 2012 – April 12, 2012 and we loved every minute of it. We are a young couple (aged 23 and 25) and we’re a little bit worried after the reviews and hearing Aruba was for an older crowd. We had also never been to a RIU and have been spoiled with high end 5 star hotels. Both of us were amazed and impressed by the RIU Palace in Aruba. (Keep in mind I said we were spoiled we are used to staying at The Reef and Cove at the Atlantis where all the celebrities stay and with that being said we both loved the RIU Palace and Aruba and rate it higher than the Atlantis for many reasons).
Lets talk rooms we had an ocean view suite with a Jacuzzi tub…the room was very spacious, always clean and comfy. We never got a bed topper and we found the beds very comfortable. The cleaning staff are amazing we came in one day while the maid was still in the room and she was mopping the floor (even though it wasn’t dirty). The cleaning staff at the RIU leave the room spotless and clean. They are also very trust worthy we brought a lap top and iPad and left the lap top out every day and it never was stolen so Aruba is extremely safe.
The food is amazing we ate at the Buffet and a la carte. I don’t understand why the negative reviewers said the food is terrible it was the best I have had at any five start all inclusive…even better than some of the restaurants at the Atlantis.
The staff at the RIU are extremely friendly and helpful. The staff and residents of Aruba made us want to come back with their wonderful spirits.
The beach and ocean are great…we never had a problem getting a chair. We also rented a jeep one day and toured the whole island which I highly recommend. The pool was also great and we would go back and forth from the beach to the pool.
Drinks are strong they definitely do not water down. Order the brown lady you will be in heaven I am going to attempt to make one at home :)
We spent a day at the spa which is also amazing and we recommend that if you are looking to hit up a spa in Aruba the one at the hotel is great!
The RIU Palace in Aruba is amazing and I cannot complain. My boyfriend and I loved it and can’t wait to go back. Whatever age you might be you will definitely love the RIU Palace in Aruba and find your self wanting to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- > * Opened: summer 2007> * Situated in Palm Beach on the island of Aruba> * Two 10-story buildings, one 8-story building> * Located on the beach> * Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach> * 4 km / 2.48 Miles from Oranjestad> * 700 m / 2296.7 Ft. From various shops> * 10 km / 6.21 Miles from the airport> * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelTravel.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Riu Aruba
- Riu Palace Aruba Resort
- Hotel Riu Palace Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach