All reviews beach shuttle high rise hotels happy hour nice resort chairs jacuzzi lizards nightlife caribbean oranjestad
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here from March 8 to March 11 for vacation. It was near the beach, also offered shuttle, and it was only a 5 minute walk to all the bars/discos and restaurants, like Hard Rock Cafe.

The resort has some nice food at the restaurant and the bar has friendly bartenders with a happy hour (1 for 2 deal) and they also have a drink of the day for cheap (during our stay it was the Very Berry.)

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cesar M
Reviewed 27 February 2018

We traveled from Finland to this resort with the hope of a quiet and safe vacation on the "Happy Island".
It all started with the check-in. After 3 + 11 hours of flight with two 8 y.o. kids at 8 pm at the check-in counter of the Mill Resort we were told: "Sorry, we overbooked but you can have a free drink and we find some other place for you to stay, just wait..."!!!???!!!
WTF?!!!
I said this was not acceptable, we booked and pre-paid 4 month in advance through TUI, and by the way we have kids and a rental car with a need of a parking place, so better call the manager to sort this out. Meanwhile I also called TUI representative (back in Europe) to get an explanation what the hell was just happening to us.
The hotel clerk disappeared for minutes and when she returned she told her manager was busy, but they try to fix our problem. Eventually after a half an hour and TUI making some pressure in the background they finally told they freed a room considering we have small children.
This was my worst ever hotel experience!
We got a room with a kitchenette facing towards a nightclub. The room was worn and the bathroom was really small and old style, but we did not complain any more.
Here are the good things about this hotel:
- they cleaned the room every day and changed towels
- the pools was clean and nice, they also have a jacuzzi
- shuttle service to the Palm beach
- extremely helpful guy on the beach
The bad things:
- the nightclub was too loud between 1 am - 4 am
- they did loud renovation works during the days (every day / whole day)
- the oven was broken in the kitchenette
- the airco in the room was either on or off, it would have been better to have some level of fan speed adjustments
- the hotel personal in general was a bit unfriendly
Probably I am biased after all this but I would not recommend the place to families with children. I can't forgive the check-in / overbooking. I think they should have more respect with the guest, because after all we spend a lot of money to get there, and we would like to rest and have fun instead of experiencing adventures like overbooking, renovations, noise etc.

Stayed: February 2018
8  Thank Levente V
Reviewed 26 February 2018

Just returned last night from The Mill Resort. The resort has been sold and under construction. The renovated pool is lovely but the jack hammers go all day 7 days a week. The blasting music trying to cover it up only adds to the noise. The concrete dusk is everywhere. They are doing a major renovation that will last over a year from now. I am sure most likely at least another 2 or 3 more. Maybe half the rooms are renovated. I mean overhaul. Structural construction moving of doors, walls, windows, size of rooms etc. If you get a room not renovated like we did then it is minimal. They are not replacing anything broken in these rooms. It should be on their website the resort is under construction. Then it is YOUR CHOICE if you choose to listen to that all day until dark. I would have booked elsewhere had I known. Watch your bill. They didn't return my $100 security deposit until I asked. We never got our 10% discount as per our package deal with drinks and food. It may seem cheaper then other hotels but it is not a good value for what you pay for. On the positive the location is great. The pool is beautiful and getting beach towels is not an issue and fresh water is always available.

Room Tip: You have no choice. You get what you get but facing the pool is nicest. Moving is considered an up grade so they charge you.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
5  Thank Jo L
Reviewed 11 February 2018

The shuttle takes you to a really nice stretch of beach - better, in many ways than the beaches off the hotel - much less crowded, less busy and less hectic. The pool is fine - with a built-in bar. The rooms are being renovated and I had a recently renovated room. It isn't their latest renovation, but it's clean, big and fine. It's one of those put-the-keycard-in-turn-on-the-electricity rooms. So - while that's very energy efficient, it provides some inefficiencies - like you need to be mindful of charging devices and clock settings. The internet was great. The food was great and reasonably priced. Willy, the GM was attentive and always on top of things. All in all it was a perfect choice.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 January 2018

We have been staying at the Mill for the last few years for our second week in Aruba. The first week we stay at our timeshare. The Mill is located across the street from the high rise hotels. The staff is very friendly and attentive. We spend very little time in our room, so why pay the prices across the street. They have a very nice pool area with a bar and beach.

Stayed: February 2017