1,668 results
All reviews dunkin donuts toaster oven short walk to eagle beach pizza bobs waterfall pool bell captain grocery store stove top living room great pizza full kitchen pools were clean swim up bar super foods jacuzzi tub flat screen bus stop
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I first stayed a couple years ago and was very worried after reading the reviews AFTER I booked my first stay. I came home and immeditatly wrote my review. I am still going to the Tropicana for so many reasons.... ITS WORTH IT!!! It has the nicest people working there, very helpful, very friendly.... the rooms are spacous, LOVE THE JACUZZI TUB... the views of the waterfall pool are breathtaking! Everything I needed was close by.... the rooms are CLEAN and for the money...WOW! What a find! I have been returning every 2-3 months now because I can do this on a shoestring budget... cooking my own meals really helps keep the cost down to do other things....from the morning Dunkin Donuts coffee to a drink at the pool bar ...I can't think of going anywhere else. (The casino is ONE HAPPY PLACE to go... and on thursday night- LADIES NIGHT- free champagne and BJ tourn... even manicures by a great gal who really does nice work!!!!! ) THANK YOU TROPICANA!!!! I LOVE ARUBA!!!!! I will always call you my HOME away from HOME!!!!!

Room Tip: My favorite: The 2nd or 3rd floor over looking the waterfall pool- but its a little noisey with the waterfall on if you want total quiet. I like the sound.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank DEE07820
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I have to admit I was a tiny bit nervous based on some of the reviews. But was very pleased with our stay. We stayed Sep 2 through Sep 8. Our condo was a well used condo, but nothing that was as bad as people mentioned in some of the reivews. There were some really minor cosmetic flaws but for me the most important thing was how clean the place was. I take my shoes off and walk barefoot all the time, and after checking in, walking around, unpacking checking everything out in the condo, setting up the sofa bed for the girls, overall more than an hour later, my feet were just as clean as they were when I took my shoes off. That says a lot to me. We were surprised that the condo did get cleaned everyday, fresh towels, bed made, clean dish towels. They mopped the floor everyday, and the most shocking of all was they changed our linens in the middle of the week. I travel for work and the Hyatt doesn't even do that. Everything in the condo worked. Oddly we only had one remote control for two TVs. We americans are spoiled and lazy, expected one for each TV so we had to get our butts up LOL and change the chanel on one of the TVs. The grounds were verey well kept. Every morning I sat on the balcony and watched them clean the pools and hot tub. Everyone that worked there said hello as we would pass by. The beach was truely just a short walk and the young man on the beach was very quick to help us with chairs on the beach. There was security around but I really wonder why. I felt perfectly safe everwhere we went. In some cases I did observe the security having to ask us tourists to behave ourselves and follow the rules. They are maybe there to protect us from ourselves LOL. Loved having the Dunkin Donuts. I have not one of their donuts for quite some time. We had one of their egg sandwichs which was really good and the donut was mmmmmmmm good. One thing I did notice was that some tourists are very demanding, if there were people that had issues with the personnel there I would like to bet it was more them then the personnel again everyone we encountered was very friendly and pleasant. We did pop in to the Casino one night and made a small donation LOL. We really aren't gamblers, but everyone there was very pleasant too. Did not eat in the restaurant, but everytime we passed by there were people in there, so it must have been ok. Did not use there WIFI we found free WIFI at Moombas so hung out there when we needed it. Moombas has a good happy hour too. So with all that said, I would definately recommend this hotel and will definately return.

Room Tip: All rooms have balconies facing the pool. The ground floors have little patios. We were on the forth floor at the end near the elevator and it was still pretty quite. Rooms were pretty soundproof.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank SISSPENCE
Reviewed 6 September 2012

We stayed at the Tropicana in August and had no problems! The tv worked real good...lots of channels.....The AC was real cold.....Used the pool a couple times....Had a couple drinks at the swim up pool! Security walked around all the time...Even late at night.....We were usually up till 1 or 2 am....The maid comes every day and changes towels, cleans floors and bathroom......We did not use the kitchen for cooking but had all you needed.....as far as dishes and pots and pans.....When you check in....it is "open air" no AC but that is how the hotel is built......Had no problem with check in or checking out....very helpful......The walk to the beach is not bad at all....just cut thru the LaCabana....about 5 minutes......The small casino there was not busy but nice to stop in for a bit.....We ate at the restaurant was OK ......LaCabana has a couple places to eat also....and you can grab a pizza over there.....Bus stop close by.
I gave the place average only because it is a little worn......needs updated......but other then that.......everything else was fine.
Raymond the bell man....was very helpful and friendly!!! Great guy!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank karenccc
Reviewed 31 August 2012

This places has no bells and whistles if you like simple here it is. Booked on line for 2 double beds upon arrival only 1 king room with pull out sofa, which you could feel the springs all night long. The room it self is clean but out dated, great tv reception no free internet and slow when purchased. The walk is a short one through the Cabana hotel. The choices of restaurants within walking distance were few. The beach was okay , found nicer beaches on the island after renting a car. It was 8.00us ow taxi to the high rise hotel area where all the choices are for eating out. On the all we have been to many friendly places in our travels over the years, and this was not one of them. If we were to visit here again we would stay in the high rise area.

Room Tip: Ask for lower floor, confirm with hotel on bed count after booking. don't count on the sofa beds they are horrible.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2012

We checke in.. And within 10 minutes we walked out and went to la cabana. This was the most disgraceful "resort" and i was very embarrassed to be seen here. The rooms were outdated, and very dirty. The hair dryer must of been from the 1800s and theyre were tvs from the 80s. No english speaking tv channels.. And the most dirty bathroom ever. I dont recommend this motel like resort to anyone unless you HaVE no where else to go. Id rather sleep on a lounge chair for 9 days. The gym is a joke.. And the check in area doesnt even have ac.

• Stayed: August 2012