“TROPICANA ARUBA RESORT AND CASINO”

Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino
Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Well, looks like Aruba is a destination of choice. Spent another 5 weeks on this beautiful Island and once again, was at the Tropicana. Room - a one bedroom, was more that adequate, and they have this fabulous little Casino, right there on the property. Wonderful, most especially, seeing that I actually won some $$ this year!!!

The staff is more than excellent - from the Front Desk, to Maintenance, to the Bell man - truly great, and more than accommodating, My friend, who traveled with me this year - just loved it. And for a first time experience for her - she is coming back again next year!!!!!

Yes, Aruba and the Tropicana - are my choice!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank carolynmerry

Reviewed 6 March 2012

Stayed at Tropicana/Aruba in February 2012, we had a wonderful time. Our room was very nice and clean. The grounds and pools were beautiful. The staff was friendly and made us feel very welcome. Security was visible at all hours. There is a nice restaurant, reasonably priced, in the parking lot inside the casino, dress is causal. They have a good breakfast and the best burger on the island.
Eagle beach is a short walk thru LaCabana, but have to go early to get a hut. Arashi beach is not far by car and is great for snorkeling.
We booked two excursions right at our hotel.
We did the jeep safari tour to the natural pool. It was nice to see but I wouldn't do it again as we only saw a few fish and the stay was too short. I would have enjoyed snorkeling at Baby beach or Arashi beach where I could have spent more time. Also, DePalm Island has very colorful parrot fish and is great for kids.
We also did the Jolly Pirate snorkeling excursion. The crew made it fun and we had a blast. some of the snorkeling was just off of Arashi beach, so we went back, parked our car on the side of the road and walked right into the water where the boat was anchored.
We also ate at Flying Fishbones, they have tables in the sand, lovely place to watch the sunset. I rented a cell phone from discountcell for the week, fifty bucks for 90 minutes, included local and international calls to the states. Nice to have in case of an emergency and very cheap. They even dropped off and picked up the phone at Tropicana.

Great memories! Can't wait till next year and yes, we will be staying at Tropicana!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank cvite
Reviewed 2 March 2012

We were ready for the worst after reading the reviews on this website for this particular hotel. We went there with low expectations.

Our taxi pulled up and before I could pay the driver our bags had been taken out of the SUV. The bell staff were fast and welcoming. FYI on a Sunday a cab ride should only cost $25 from the airport..... The cab driver charged us $34. Rates are set in Aruba and I had researched that prior to leaving the states. TIP ( ask and agree on the price prior to getting in the car.) Back to the review..

It is all open concept for the check in area. Very clean. There were only two people at the desk assisting guests. We waited no more than 30 minutes to check in. Which I really didnt mind. The bell staff were watching our bags. We were given our keys and showed to our room. We got to the room and I was blown away, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances including a wall mounted oven ( which we baked a cake in), washer and dryer in our room, bathrooms were just as nice, large closets. Everything was so clean. Raymond whom helped us to our room, was so helpful and full of information. The porch was beautiful and had a table and 4 chairs. Our room actually had 3 bedrooms and 2 bath, full kitchen and dining/living large room. My bed was super comfortable/firm. The linen was a little rough ( ripped.)

The complex had 2 pools and multiple hot tubs. The pools were very clean. The water slide was a lot of fun. There was a swim up bar, but we never seemed to be there when it was open to try it out. The pool at our end of the complex had a waterfall. The only negative I can come up ith concerning the pool are the pool towels. You get one towel card for the entire room. We had 6 adults in our room, with one towel card. In order to get a towel you had to have the card in hand. The towels are leant out to you and have to be back by the next night at 6PM or you are subject to a $25 fee per towel out. YIKES. We bought beach towels and didnt have to worry!

The DD and Baskin Robbins was a nice suprise. The staff were very friendly. The grills on campus were great. You sign up at the front desk for an hour block at one of three grills. You have to go to the front desk a few minutes prior to your time so they can light the grill for you. There are even lights on the grill! Down side no typical grill tools. You have to use the kitchen tools from your rooms kitchen which are plastic.

The resort was quiet BUT... La Cabbana is only a 2 minute walk away and has live entertainment all the time. I really enjoyed being able to come back to our hotel and not be subject to drunk guests partying at all hours.

Eagle beach is only a five minute walk at most from Tropicana.

Tons of parking available at Tropicana.

The casino was a quick walk across the parking lot. Mostly slots. Table games limited.

We enjoyed our vacation and would gladly stay at Tropicana again!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jaxz_2001
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I had read the reviews on TA before I went and had very low expectations, but thought of how little I paid. Like the saying goes, you get what you pay for. Upon arriving in the room it smelled like mildew, the kitchen wasn't filthy but it wasn't clean either. Generally, just a poor job cleaning. Like no elbow grease went into it. I then pulled the covers and blankets off the bed to check for bed bugs. Now I'm no expert but I didn't notice anything. My wife and I only slept at the room and did not use the facilities, so I have no comment on the pool or other facilities. It does have a Dunkin Donuts on site which is nice. I really think the resort needs to gut the rooms and completely renovate, not just paint. The kitchen cabinets are worn down to the particle board, furniture is dingy and yucky and there are no windows that face the water. Strange!?! The bathrooms are another thing, they have to be circa 1970 or 1980 at the latest. The bathtub says LaCabana but its really an insult to that fine resort. During the week I noticed little red marks first on my left knee, then on my right arm and then some on my right foot. I thought this was just my skin reacting to the sun or the lotion I was applying. I checked out as scheduled on Saturday and as the itching of my leg, arm and foot got to me I decided to check online for what the marks could be. Low and behold they were bed bug bites, typically in row formation. Apparently bed bugs are harder to see than I thought, because I actually looked for them and couldn't find them. My suggestion is to stay somewhere else. There are better values and the quality of the other places is worth your money.

Room Tip: Go to another resort.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank K F
Reviewed 27 February 2012

This was our 3rd trip to Aruba, 1st at Trop., never again! The resort is terrible, very outdated, the lobby is old and unappealing, the elevator did not work on our wing, thus we climbed 5 floors all week. The maids came once during the week to make beds and freshen towels, the furniture was uncomfortable, old, and stained. The pool area was very average, and water not very warm, no excitment at bar (bartender played same music play list all week long), no night life to speak of at hotel, restaruant is at casino few minute walk, still no activity there. Only positive is close to Eagle Beach (5 minute walk) thru LaCabana (made us jealous seeing their resort). Tropicana needs to put some serious $$$ intot his resort especially when you compare your options around Aruba....Do we feel duped trading our Grand Mayan timeshare for this place!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Paradera Park Aruba
#1 of 1 in Paradera
2.8 km away
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#18 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
2.6 km away
Caribbean Palm Village Resort

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!