6,633 results
All reviews adult pool tradewinds club la vista simply fish tradewinds floor lobby cafe ruth's chris walk in closet north tower gelato family pool sushi bar main pool trade winds towel hut happy hour swim up bar
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

The Marriott Resort is wonderful. Very nice spacious rooms with great views and friendly staff. The pools and Lazy River are nice, spacious and kept extremely clean. Water aerobics, bingo and activities for the kids daily. The beach is nice and kept clean. Some of the best gelato that we have ever had. The Stellaris Casino is large, compared to others on the island although very busy. We would definitely go back!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank rdyrtr99
ArubaMarriottResort, Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Dear rdyrtr99 - Thank you for this awesome review. We are excited you enjoyed the facilities, experienced outstanding service and took part in the activities on site. Indeed, our Gelato factory is a must and I am glad you did not miss-out on it. We look forward to welcoming you back. Warm Regards, Leslie Prea -Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

I'd give this a 3.5 stars which is what I expected. It's big, real big, but never seemed crowded. We had a nice room overlooking the ocean and paid up for it. I think all the rooms have some beach view so not sure I'd pay up but it was nice. Room was clean, good sized and seemed updated. No carpet on floors which makes it easy to clean but you can hear the room above. Room had everything you need, fridge, tv, nice bathroom and good air conditioning.

Plenty of restaurants on site although we only ate lunch at a few of them and they were decent. A short walk down the beach will find other options. Starbucks in lobby but note some prices at bux are 3x normal. Both pools have a bar and adult pool has service, although we didn't see many servers in the adult pool area. Fitness center, lobby bar and casino were nice. Yes they smoke in the casino and you can smell it, but they also smoke at the Ritz!

Keep in mind for service you are on island time! While not speedy everyone was very nice. Tons of local restaurants and easy to get a cab, which runs about $10 each way, give or take. Also you can cab to Super Foods and get some groceries and beer....

One item we found is that while the drinks are resort priced, they are very light pours, especially on the frozen cocktails!

Overall exactly what we expected and keep in mind the property is big and the ocean is calm and clean. Good family spot.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank eff360
ArubaMarriottResort, Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Dear sff360 - Thank you for sharing this review. I am glad you enjoyed the facilities and amenities offered. At the same time, I am sorry to read that we did not deliver a much better experience. I sincerely hope you visit us again in the future, as we continue to work on improving our guest experiences. Warm Regards, Leslie Prea - Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

To begin with convenient parking very appealing entrance pretty open great sunlight coming in, lovely separate entrances for casino and hotel. Easy to navigate through to the front desk superb service highly recommend Nik he’s amazing !! Everyone else very sweet funny but Nik is the best ! Pool areas gorg gym super cute the stores and even the spa very nicely kept, “navigable” hotel, our room had the pool view very gorg loved the balcony amazing huge bed !!! Just downfall no microwaves but was made aware it’s policy just super inconvenient when wanting to heat up leftovers from amazing restaurants no microwave to be found :(
Anyways everyone very pleasant cute little huts by the beach very disheartened at some of the guests at the hotel complete snobs left the beach area with garbage chairs in the water my partner and I were cleaning up one night when we decided to just listen to the waves, beach access is amazing along with beach showers, bars at the hotel are great our favorite bartender was Daniel he is superb super sweet charismatic and altogether great guy went to him for all our nights there, loved the jacuzzi and the pool bar our bartender forgetting her name has been with mariott for years she’s colombian super great to talk to, the hammocks the adjoined restaurant forgetting the name now out near the pool great people hung out at the bar bartender who is older peruvian super great guy as well coming back for the lobster buffet next time, excursion desk conveniently located and superb service but altogether great all around would definitely recommend

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Esthefanie G
Reviewed 17 October 2017

My husband and I spend 5 days at the Marriott Stellaris. We had such a great time. We were booked at the Tradewinds and it did not disappoint. The extra customer service and lounge were wonderful. The ladies were a great help with reservations and just general advice about the island. We have been to Aruba before but this was our first time at the Marriott. We were impressed the beach seemed a little less crowded than others close by and the grounds and room were immaculate and clean.

A few great places we had dinner were Passions and Barefoot both great places to dine with your feet in the sand.

Room Tip: Tradewinds floor is the best
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lori B

Dear Lori B - Thank you for sharing this wonderful review. I am delighted to read that as a first time guest to Aruba Marriott Resort, you had a fantastic experience. I am pleased that your Tradewinds Club experience met your expectations. Please come and visit us again. Warm Regards, Leslie Prea - Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

My boyfriend and I came to Aruba to celebrate my 30th birthday. This Marriott was really nice. You could definitely tell that the lobby had been updated. The rooms was just average to me, but still nice especially with the view. The staff was super nice and the customer service was excellent. There is a nice 2-story gym onsite and two pools onsite, which one of the pools is only for adults. We mainly used the regular pool with the swim-up bar. It was more quiet at the adult pool. We had no issue getting a palapa each day without reserving the prior day or paying to reserve, but we did not go to the beach until the afternoon. Our room was upgraded after 2 days with a better view, which was a plus!

In regards to the location, it was perfect. It is between the Ritz-Carlton and the Holiday Inn. Directly in front of the Holiday Inn, there is a shopping center and mall with restaurants. If you go a little further down the street, you will find more restaurants/bars/shops. From the airport to the hotel or vice versa, it was only a $25 taxi ride. To get downtown (which downtown stores are closed on Sundays), we just got a Taxi.

My only compliant is the price of the bucket of can beer (I believe it was 5) for $32 or $33, which I think is overpriced. We was on vacation so this was not a big deal for us.

We really enjoyed these 4 nights/5 days in Aruba and will definitely be back!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AggieGirl0509

Dear AggieGirl0509 - Thank you for this review. We appreciate the great comments about the excellent staff service. I am glad to know you enjoyed the facilities and that you took time to also experience other local attractions. We look forward to hosting you again. Warm Regards, Leslie Prea - Hotel Manager.