6,634 results
All reviews adult pool tradewinds club la vista simply fish tradewinds floor lobby cafe ruth's chris walk in closet north tower gelato family pool sushi bar main pool trade winds towel hut happy hour swim up bar
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

The perfect place to stay on the Island. You’ll never have to leave or drive anywhere. They have it all from food to water activities. The views of the ocean and the Best and the restaurant on the beach at sunset is a must.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Johnny_A916q
ArubaMarriottResort, Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Johnny_A916q - Thank you for sharing this wonderful review. It is pleasing to read you were impressed with the resort and had an unforgettable experience. We look forward to welcoming you back. Warm Regards, Leslie Prea - Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

We stayed here for a 3 day anniversary trip. I decided to go for the tradewinds floor and I am really glad I did. Breakfast was very good and lunch was all we needed. Having the ability to get water, beer, or wine anytime of the day plus afternoon Tea just made the trip that much better. All the staff were friendly and we enjoyed the location and the property.

Room Tip: We selected Tradewinds Floor with full ocean view - very nice
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 455natew
Reviewed 14 October 2017

We were originally supposed to stay in Aruba for a week, but we got stranded for another week due to Hurricane Irma. Not a bad place to be stranded, that's for sure! The Marriott was very understanding and accommodating, which was a relief. We were able to stay in the same room for the entire two weeks and they gave us a discount on the rate. Overall, it was an excellent experience.

HOTEL PROS:
- Nice, clean, and updated rooms

- Great location on the island

- Starbucks on site

- Casino was fun. We only went one night, but won some extra cash!

- Beautiful property; not too big

- Very friendly staff

- Food was pretty good. They were very accommodating of my gluten free and dairy free requests. I was so impressed with how knowledgeable the entire island was on food allergies. I wish there was maybe one more restaurant on site. They had a Ruth's Chris, but we have that here in the states. I was looking for more local cuisine.

- Really big fitness center with lots of cardio machines and equipment (2 stories).

- Hertz office on site! Since we were there so long, we ended up renting a car so we could go to the grocery store, other beaches, sightseeing, restaurants, etc. It's so easy to drive in Aruba. I highly recommend renting a car, and it was so great the rental office was right in the hotel.

- The rooms have a mini fridge, so we stocked up on breakfast and lunch items from the grocery store to save money.

- Room service was great. Timely, good food, and good service.

HOTEL CONS:
- Honestly, I really can't think of any cons.

POOL PROS:
- 2 pools (one main pool with swim up bar and an adults-only pool)

- Live music by the pool every day which was really nice! It wasn't too loud or obnoxious. Every afternoon they do have a pool volleyball game that gets rowdy and loud, but other than that it was really nice.

- My husband and I are beach people so we didn't spend a ton of time at the pool, but overall the chairs seemed nice with large umbrellas.

- The adults-only pool was beautiful and very quiet and relaxing. We preferred that pool and ended up floating around every afternoon around 5pm when the sun started setting. You could hear the sound of the palm trees swaying in the wind and it was so peaceful and serene.

POOL CONS:
- None that I can think of, but again we didn't spend much time at the pool.

BEACH PROS:
- Absolutely gorgeous beach. The white sand and turquoise waters were amazing. And the ocean was as a calm as a lake! Our first week was typical Aruba - sunny with a nice breeze and very calm waters. However, the hurricane sucked out all the winds and brought storms, thus the second week was a little crazy. There were large waves that splashed water all the way up to the back row of palapas. They also brought lots of shells, so it hurt our feet walking into the ocean. But it slowly returned back to normal towards the end of our trip.

- Tons of palapas and chairs available.

- Good beach service. Food/drinks came out really fast. Wish there were a few more options on the beach/pool menu. But in general the food was very good on the beach.

- Water sports plentiful. Anything you can imagine you can do in Aruba - parasailing, jet skis, paddle boarding, banana boat, scuba, snorkeling, snuba (which is a blend of scuba and snorkeling), etc. We rented rafts to float in the water every day for $5 too. All sorts of activities are available right there at the Marriott.

- The sunsets were the most incredible I have ever seen. The beaches we visit have always faced the east, thus we never got to see the sun set over the water. This was truly a treat! It felt like 4th of July - everyone would gather together on the beach and in the water to watch the sun set each night. What a way to end your amazing day on vacation! And the restaurant on the beach always had a live musician playing romantic music on a sax or some other instrument, so there was a nice soundtrack to the experience. The sun didn't set until about 7pm so it could make for a long day on the beach, but it was soooo worth it. Loved every minute of it!

- Speaking of the restaurant on the beach - a must do. It was a great experience to eat dinner right there on the beach while watching the sun set. Highly recommend!

- They had a water refilling station on the beach which was great. Instead of having to spend $30 a day on water, we just reused our bottles for days.

BEACH CONS:
- Having to rent the palapas every day was a huge irritation and the biggest con of the whole trip so I'm going to rant a bit here. I have never stayed in a hotel where you had to wait in line to reserve the palapas for free, or you had to pay $30 a day. Such a rip off. Not sure why they implemented this policy, but we have visited many many beaches and not one hotel (even Starwood/Marriotts) made us pay for palapas. Ridiculous IMO. People would line up for an hour in the afternoon just to secure a palapa for free. That's 1 hour of time that I could have spent on the beach. You could also wake up at 6am and wait in line for an hour. No thanks. And what is more frustrating, is that half the time people wouldn't even show up to their palapa. They said you had to be there by 10:00am every day but I don't think that is really enforced. So there were primo palapas that weren't even being used. Personally, I think the first come first serve policy is fair. We read about this from other reviews, but it seems as though most hotels in Aruba operate under this policy so we just went with it.

- I also don't think people should be allowed to bring their own radios to the beach. I don't personally want to hear their music, on top of the blaring music from the beach bar, on top of the music from the pool. I am there to relax in nature. If I wanted to listen to music, I would put my headphones on out of respect to others. I wish other people had the same courtesy.

- Because there are so many boats, activities, and people camping out in the water all day stirring up the sand, the water was not as clear as I had hoped. It would be clear in the morning before all the activities began, but we had to travel to Baby Beach and other less populated beaches to see that crystal clear Caribbean water. But it was ok, because the water is still absolutely beautiful and it was fun to see other parts of the island.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Alicat113081
ArubaMarriottResort, Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear Alicat113081 - Thank you for this detailed review. I am excited to read the wonderful experience you shared. Indeed, the main Lobby offers a large variety of dinning options, including the famous Gelato factory, Starbucks, Sushi bar and the best entertainment. We appreciate the compliments about our excellent staff service. Thank you for your feedback about the palapas. Please come and visit us again. Wram Regards, Leslie Prea - Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed at this resort for 10 days for our honeymoon. The resort was very well kept, convenient in terms of location, had a beautiful beach, and had a decent casino. Much about this resort was wonderful and is reason why we'd likely return! There could be room for improvement in a few areas though so I'll mention that first and then give you the areas that shined for us. Considering it was noted on our reservation that we were honeymooning, the hotel should have recognized that during checkin and maybe with a note in the room with something small like chocolate covered strawberries or something. Small things like this go a long way when guests remember a resort and consider a repeat stay. Secondly, the drink service on the beach was slow and sparse. You'd think the hotel management would realize selling $15 drinks has the makings of a lot of profit and there should have been 5 times the number of servers on the beach selling cocktails. We sat on the beach from 10am to 5pm daily and on average would be asked if we wanted a drink 2-3 times per day and the drinks would arrive in about 20-30 minutes on average, although 45 minutes was our longest wait one day. The maid service was ok. It I'd say they did the minimum, nothing above or beyond. Areas where this resort was wonderful was the quality of the beach, the quality of the food, the amenities of the tradewinds club, and the friendliness of the staff! We booked the tradewinds club for $200 extra per night which included free breakfast buffet, lunch buffet, evening appetizer buffet, and free premium bar from 6-9pm each night, all in the tradewinds club lounge. This more than paid for itself! The food was delicious and you could also have unlimited water, soda, juices, local beer, and wine. They graciously told us we could take drinks up to our room refrigerator or out to the beach as well. In addition, the tradewinds club has its own beach area, with palapas and lounge chairs which are easier to come by and free for the day compared to the $30 palapa fee if you're staying outside of the tradewinds club. Also, they included free floats which were $5/day for other guests. Most importantly, tradewinds guests has Hermina caring for them on the beach. She made everyday more wonderful! She helped with palapa reservations, setting up chairs and towels, provided you with a free cold water bottle whenever you asked and also handed out ice cold face towels twice a day infused with eucalyptus oil. She was cheerful, playful, kind, and fun! She lit up all the guests with her ice cold towel delivery and really brought smiles to our faces. All in all, the Marriott was a great place to stay and the Tradewinds club made it even greater! Cheers to Hermina, we can't thank her enough for keeping us comfortable and happy each day!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Passenger53486
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

In all the vacations in over 50 years this was one of the top ten. The property, food, and the tremendous staff made our vacation spectacular.

Certain staff members i would love to mention for going over and above for addressing our needs and attentiveness.

Jean-Claudia
Alexis
Jaime
Jinet
Julieth
Alexis
Jaime

The above staff members were in food service/dining/buffet

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Lee P

Dear Lee P - Thank you for this awesome review. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the property and had a memorable time with us. Thank you for sharing your praises for the outstanding staff service and their attentiveness. I will pass on your compliments to Jean-Claudia, Alexis, Jaime, Jinet Juliette and Jamie. I am proud to have such dedicated staff on the team. We look forward to seeing you again. Warm Regards, Leslie Prea - Hotel Manager.