6,634 results
All reviews adult pool tradewinds club la vista simply fish tradewinds floor lobby cafe ruth's chris walk in closet north tower gelato family pool sushi bar main pool trade winds towel hut happy hour swim up bar
Reviewed 22 December 2011

We have been multiple times to aruba and this was second time at Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino. The hotel is simply amazing. I cannot think of anything negative to write. The grounds are very clean, staff is amazing and helpfull, rooms are new and clean. The hotel is simply top notch. We were very lucky to meet 2 very nice gentleman from Loss Prevention Team, Jose and Edward they were very polite and helpfull and were able to assist us with any questions or concerns we had....If there is anything you need they will take care of it

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alex K
Reviewed 21 December 2011

This hotel has the friendliest staff and best food of any hotel I've stayed at in a long time!
They just can't do enough for you. You're always greeted with a smile even if they're just passing by.
The food was spectacular. If you want a great steak try the filet at La Vista....perfect every time. If you're not a steak lover, I highly recommend the blackened grouper or fish tacos!
The beds are amazingly comfortable and the hotel is kept very clean.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Nicole52339
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Just returned from a 7-day trip to Aruba, and wonderful stay at the Marriott Aruba Resort and Stellaris Casino. This is a bit of a long review but I want to be sure I recognize the staff who went over and above while also providing my opinion on the accommodations/food/pool. I traveled with my Mom who is turning 70 in May who also has mobility challenges. From the moment we arrived, Manny (Luggage Desk) and Shay (Front Desk) made every effort to ensure my Mom was comfortable and enjoyed her stay. Shay put us in a beautiful Ocean / Pool view room but noticed that since the room was at the far end of the North Tower hallway, it may not be ideal for my Mom. She made me promise that if the room didn’t work for us to let her know and she would find us a different option closer to the elevators. Manny could see that while my Mom could walk with her cane, it would be a challenge of patience to get from the room to the casino and out to the pool so he got us in touch with a company that rents scooters. We’d never even thought of this – what a great option. The day the scooter was delivered, Manny brought it to the room after trying to find us at the pool (again going over and above) – and when we finally came in from the pool he escorted us up to show my Mom how to use it. My Mom was able to zip around and get to the casino, pool and restaurants without delay.
I’d also like to recognize Gabriel and his staff at the new adult pool area. Even though the pool has only been open a few short weeks, we found the staff and services to be very good (if there are kinks to be worked out, it wasn’t evident to us). Gabriel was warm, friendly and professional – we liked that he asked for our feedback on our experience in the new pool area and we felt he honestly wanted to ensure we enjoyed our stay. On several of the days at the adult pool it rained for brief periods and we had to take cover under the canopies. Sorhia (I know I’m spelling her name wrong, sorry!) always made sure our wet towels were replaced with dry ones and that we had just what we needed to enjoy the sunny parts of the day. Jhune was very friendly and especially accommodating when we ordered “light on the alcohol” for my Mom when we got the drink special (2 of the same drink for $14). Also Lisette at the front desk needs to be recognized for saving the day for me. Wireless is a pain sometimes and when I had trouble getting connected a second time after logging on successfully with one of my hand held devices, she took the time to help me resolve the issue. In less than 10 minutes, problem resolved and I avoided having to call the ‘help desk’ and wasting vacation time on technical difficulties. I know that helping guests with wireless issues isn’t one of the primary responsibilities of the front desk staff so I really appreciated the 1-off assistance.
Food – We ordered room service 3x and ate lunch at the pool almost every day. Service was always speedy (room service less than 45 minutes as advertised) and definitely 15 minutes at the pool. Food was hot, tasty. I love the Marriott French fries they’re always crispy. I don’t expect upscale or fancy, just well executed and that’s what I got. The Caesar salad had just the right amount of dressing on it, grilled chicken, the parmesan was actually ‘shaved’ as advertised, and croutons were nicely seasoned. I know, it’s just a Caesar salad, but it’s a good one! We got our breakfast daily from the Lobby café – excellent pastries made in-house, and the breakfast sandwich on a croissant hit the spot. We dined off-property several nights (I’m posting the reviews specifically for each restaurant vs here) and one night we went to Ruth’s Chris. I ordered the cowboy ribeye medium rare and the server made sure I was aware what that meant (yes, I do, and I like it medium rare). It came out medium – either that or it was a tougher ribeye than I was expecting. Good seasoning, but this is a steakhouse, the steak should have been excellent and it wasn’t (I ate it without complaint but this a review so I am being honest about the experience). The wine was excellent – there were 2 Cabs offered by the glass, I went for the CA Cab $28 a glass, I wasn’t disappointed.
Accommodations – the 2 dble bed Ocean / Pool view room was on the 3rd floor – as others have indicated, ask for higher floor for better view. The room was well appointed, beds comfy and thanks to Rosalia, always spotless. The balcony is quite sizable – we wished they had lounge chairs instead of normal chairs. And I’d like to comment that even though other reviews have indicated there is a strong smoke odor coming from the casino that fills the lobby – I found that not to be the case on most days/nights. Friday/Sat and days when it rained and the casino was full, yes, smoke would drift into the lobby but not the entire lobby. I think if you stayed in the South Tower you may smell it more because the elevators are close by to the casino. The North Tower and most of the lobby wasn’t affected.
Adult Pool – trendy but comfortable décor and seating, love the quiet peaceful setting and LOVE that it is smoke-free. We suggested some background music be added to the experience.
I’ve been to the Marriott in St. Kitts and the JW Marriott in Cancun… the Marriott Aruba Resort did not disappoint.

Room Tip: Most rooms (maybe all?) have sizable balcony's so an Ocean/Pool View room type isn't necessary to enjoy the balcony, but if you want a view ask for 4th floor or higher. Save money and stay in a Garden View room.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank lizd777
Reviewed 20 December 2011

Would recommend this Hotel for everyone couples or family. All three Marriotts offer the best beachs we have been seen in the Carribean, yes the Ruth & Chris Resturant is a little expensive but I will say it is the best Steak we have ever had. The staff at both Marriott Hotels we stayed at were an example of why we always travel with Marriotts they treat you like family and are there to make sure your vacation is just that a vacation. Its going to be hard to not come back I think we have found our paradise. For Diving I would recommend Dive Aruba with Clive he will ensure you get the most for your money. Clive is not a cattle boat operation he only takes 4 to 6 divers and will let you continue diving if you have a good sac rate. Also while on the Island take the Palm tour & try to get Rocky he will ensure you have a good tour. Aruba was our favourite spot we have been and I can't wait for our return.

Room Tip: Garden ocean view good view of both
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ryshannon
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Just stayed at the Marriott Stelaris. We found it nice but very big and corporate like. Compared to some of the other hotels in Aruba, it is a bit plain and not like an island resort. For instance, the lobby in some of the other hotels opened directly to the pool deck with no door, whereas the Marriott's lobby has closed doors and lots of shops. The size is so big that you need to reserve a beach spot early in the day. Finally, while you can spend money at the adjacent Marriott time-share properties, you cannot use their pools.

We did find the restaurants to be very high quality, especially La Vista.

Room Tip: Higher floors can see the sea over the trees in the pool area.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family