“Beautiful outdoor dining experience”
Review of Madame Janette

Madame Janette
Price range: USD 9 - USD 49
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were a party of 6. The service was excellent. The outdoor atmosphere was perfect with strings of lights that created an intimate dining experience. The menu was varied. We had the almond crusted grouper fish which I would recommend.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,936)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We enjoyed our experience at this restaurant very much. Everyone enjoyed their entrees, but I have to give a special "shout out" for the Almond Grouper. Great flavor.

Highly recommend this restaurant.

We were in Aruba over the holidays (many people), and a reservation was a must during that period of time. We used the website, and they were very prompt in their response.

1  Thank AmericanIngenuity
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The reviews here alternate between glowing and snarky dismissal, but seriously, when do you get a chance to dine at a place with a seriously old world European Master flair to it? I travel quite frequently, especially to Europe and it's a pleasure to see some ' old school' dishes you don't see on menus anymore.

The ambiance is rustically charming and it amazes me that this place has sprung up in the middle of a neighborhood when everyone else touts their barefoot dining (using the beach as an excuse for the lame food?).

The moment we walked in and saw the amazing beer menu, saw the cool area to just hang out and were greeted immediately and checked in to our table 30 minutes early I knew we were going to have a great night.

Our waiter Rick and his co waiter (sorry, don't remember his name) were friendly, helpful, checked in on us seamlessly while having many tables to take care of and were there but not in our face every minute. It was well paced.

The salmon sashimi salad appetizer was outstanding and innovative - the whole menu is such a great mix of Caribbean, classic European and Americanish dishes it's so hard to pick -- I didn't think the menu would be so large!

My husband had a classic Caesar that disappeared quickly -- the portions are very large and easily shared. Each dish comes with a side (and appropriately sized)

I had wiener schnitzel el morena which was the classic dish with local mushrooms onions and an oxtail glaze. The doormat of pork was crisp, fresh and delicious. Looking forward to lunch today with the left overs.

The sides of creamed spinach and potatoes au gratin were light, decadent and perfect.

My husband had a special gnocchi dish that was simply classic and amazing. Perfect portion - large -- but light, fluffy and perfectly sauced.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The atmosphere is Just Beautiful! If I could pick a backyard design, I would copy this gorgeous mix of Trees with Lights, Pebbles, Tables perfectly laid out. We were originally seated by a Very Large Party. It was just my husband and myself, so we asked for a better spot and were accomodated promptly.
They had a Fabulous Singer named Sue, who played guitar and sang softly. She sang many requests from the large party, always with a smile.
We were very lucky to have the Best Waiter on the Island, ANDRE! Top notch, easy, relaxed conversation, helped us pick or meals (Bang Bang Shrimp appetizer, almond grouper, old butcher steak and Apple Strudel for dessert) He treated us the way I believe you should be treated when on vacation. He really made this an Experience, not just another good meal. This week we have had 5 good meals at Top Aruba Restaurants, but none made us feel as Welcome and Inviting as ANDRE and Madame Jeannettes! This was our 2nd time and we will be back. Don't forget to ask to sit at Andres table,Enjoy.

1  Thank Rosalie C
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This restaurant is a classic on the island. Feeds 500-700 people a night. Be prepared to wait a bit even with a reservation but the bartenders and courtyard waiting area make this less painful. Fantastic drink menu with attention to details. Diverse selection of food. Definitely something for everyone. Food overall very good ...not all dishes were exceptional but still some of the best we’ve had to date. Expensive like most things on the island. Live music and wonderful setting with lots of ambiance.
Only negative was service once seated ...they are swamped so I cut them some slack but even still very poor service.