“Really??”
Review of Ruinas del Mar

Ruinas del Mar
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruinas del Mar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: USD 31 - USD 50
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hyatt Regency Aruba
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for a quick bite for the kids. Asked for a plate of cucumbers and tomatoes for my son and 11 dollars later got a plate of lettuce with one tomato w/ a quarter of a cucumber. The server was nice, but the service itself slow. For the price of these plates they should be hovering over you.

Date of visit: April 2018
2  Thank Cruser9

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Went here for brunch as we have for years. While the quality has been going downhill it is pretty much bottoming out. The omelette station line is opposite from where it should run so that all of the breakfast self serve items get caught up in the line and while the woman preparing the omelette is good she is so so slow that the line took forever. Easy fix by management.

The lunch foods were just okay. The prepared dishes were bland and luke warm. The carving station food was actually cold as just under a lamp. Sushi was poor as were the desserts. Looked and tasted like they were bought at a supermarket or box store.

My wife actually complained to a manager who did nothing and said that they would tell the chef and get back to us. I won’t hold my breath. We were totally disappointed and will never go back to this brunch. The worst part of all was paying the $117 bill.

Date of visit: March 2018
3  Thank RARPhantom
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had a very nice Saturday night dinner at Ruinas Del Mar.
This was our third time back in 15 years.
We had a nice table next to the koi pond. This is a beautiful restaurant.
The food was delicious. We started with the Dutch onion soup. My lobster tail and filet mignon was excellent. Perfectly cooked steak. My wife had the salmon cooked on a plank. She loved it.
Saturday is “discount wine night”. This is a great deal. (Not advertised)
Service was great until it was time for the check and paying the bill. This took 15 minutes. This is my pet-peeve at restaurants. It never make sense to me....

This is beautiful restaurant to bring your wife for a special night.

Enjoy !!!!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

This is our first time in Aruba and we’ve eaten twice at Ruinas Del Mar. The food is spectacular and the services is top ten. Freddie was an amazing waiter and was so friendly. We had him both evenings!! We were lucky enough to share our love for the food with the chef and thank him for a job well done... we will definitely be back for more ! Thanks, Freddie and Ruinas staff!!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 22 February 2018

Because of the consistent high quality food, service, and atmosphere, we always dine here on our last night in Aruba. This time was once again, outstanding, Fork tender steak and quality sides. Outside dining by lagoon with swans, koi and turtles. Beautiful setting. Service was outstanding but not intrusive. Some of requests were off the menu and was no problem. Will be back next time in Aruba.

Date of visit: January 2018