“Far exceeded my expectations. The best holiday...”
other travellers have booked this property
The Barn looks towards the Brecon Beacons - and the local sheep!
The entrance hall with practical utility Comfy sofa in front of the wood burning store
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The Barn looks towards the Brecon Beacons - and the local sheep!
The entrance hall with practical utility
Comfy sofa in front of the wood burning store
or a seat on your own
Spacious kitchen and dining area
The super-king sized bed can be made up as twins if you prefer.
Full shower
Luxurious bathroom with a view
Double with ensuite
The Barn at sunrise - perfect!
Local traffic jam.
The perfect spot for a cup of coffee or a glass of wine.
The Barn and outbuildings
Early morning in Brechfa Forest - only minutes away
View from our lane
Stunning views from Mynydd Llanllwni
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
PixieandM...
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Far exceeded my expectations. The best holiday barn I've ever stayed in.”
Reviewed 3 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

I will start by saying that I never write reviews as I'm hard to please and I don't want to be sycophantic, but my experience at Nant Llwyd was really exceptional. The reasons why are:
- I was able to book a short break during the school holidays a few months in advance (which is quite unusual) and the price wasn't hiked up.
- I was able to bring my dogs at no extra cost.
- Elinor was so welcoming and hospitable and very friendly with my overexcited dogs. In my experience dog friendly holiday cottages (and their owners) aren't always that 'friendly' in reality, so it meant a lot that doggies and humans felt equally welcomed.
- The barn is much better than it appears on their website or other booking sites. The bathrooms and bedrooms were luxurious and high quality, the lounge and kitchen diner were so homely and cosy and it was absolutely spotless throughout.
- Fresh, homemade apple and cinnamon cake and a bottle wine on arrival!
- The setting is beautiful, idyllic and so completely peaceful. Its perfect for getting completely away from everything and not having to put up with noise from neighbours or other holiday makers. I lay in bed listening to the total silence!
- The scenery on the drive up the mountain through the Brechfa Forest is breathtaking.
- I didn't need to bring anything with me except food and clothes because everything had been thought of. In fact I needn't have bought food because it could have been delivered.
- Despite being on the owners property, I didn't feel like we were invading their space.
- The garden was very pretty, well maintained and completely enclosed so I didn't have to worry about the dogs wandered off to chase sheep or chickens.
I would definitely recommend this to anyone and I hope to visit again at some point.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The luxury and peace
Liked least: I could connect to the wifi but the internet rarely worked, however this is pretty usual in such a remote place.
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
4 Aug 2015
I'm so very pleased you felt able to write a review - and what a glowing one it was! It was lovely having you and the dogs here and I could see you all unwinding as the days progressed. We hope very much to see you again. With best wishes.
JUNE U
London, United Kingdom
“Absolute Heaven....the cottage, the surroundings, the peace !!!”
Reviewed 13 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Fantastic week, fantastic owners,fantastic cottage,eggs bread & cake !!!
So quiet, peaceful & relaxing in great countryside. Walked every day from cottage door,dog still recovering!!!!
It's everything thing that's been said in all other reviews & MORE !!!
Many thanks...will be back as soon as..

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Going home
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
13 Jul 2015
It was lovely having you to stay - I'm so pleased the weather was even better than usual! Look forward to seeing you again. All the best.
Lou246820...
Wales, United Kingdom
“Dog friendly, well equipped barn with excellent facilities stunning walks with views to die for”
Reviewed 28 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

We have just come back from a lovely weeks holiday with our 2 dogs. Fantastic walks all dog friendly. Lovely enclosed safe garden.
The Barn is well equipped extremely clean, homely and comfortable, views from each window across the countryside.
Elinor and Paul were both welcoming and friendly throughout our stay.
we look forward to coming again soon!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The peace and tranquility
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway People with pets
29 Jun 2015
Thank you both so much for coming to stay with us and writing such a glowing review! It was a delight to have you and your two dogs and we look forward to seeing you again. With best wishes.
Jane B
Epsom, United Kingdom
“Fab relaxing retreat”
Reviewed 12 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Just returned from a wonderful week in Wales with our dog Archie. Barn beautifully located with fantastic views and only the sound of sheep and the hens. Barn has everything you need with the comfiest beds ever. A delicious cake and wine was there to welcome us plus eggs and bread baked by Elinor. Both Elinor and Paul were extremely welcoming and helpful. Would highly recommend and if you get the weather we have just had you couldn't ask for better.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
13 Jun 2015
It was a glorious week, wasn't it? It was so nice to meet you all, and we look forward to seeing you again. With best wishes.
Philippa...
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Divine”
Reviewed 14 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015

The Barn at Nant Llywd is a little piece of Welsh charm, character and tranquillity. Elinor and Paul could not have done more and the warm welcome we had set our holiday off. The Barn is immaculate and truly beautiful with fabulous scenery. The dogs and my mum absolutely loved it too and we fell in love with Carmarthenshire when we visited. We will definitely be back again!!!!

Travelling group: Other
15 May 2015
We're so glad you enjoyed your short stay with us, and look forward to seeing all of you again. With best wishes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing