3,797 results
All reviews bunker bar palm grill red parrot pizza sister hotel the divi ocean front stayed in building baby beach chicken nuggets main area cunucu terrace buffet restaurant onion rings a la carte restaurants dutch village concierge desk beautiful beach
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

We, a family of 8, (4couples) stayed at the Tamarijn for 7 days in April. I will describe my rating because there is good and some not so good things. I don't regret going but I would'nt stay here again. To sum it up: awesome beach with small rooms, so so drinks but with grrreattt food. The island is great, we rented a car and did the whole island! Easy to drive around and nice places to see. I recommend.

ROOM: Comfy but small rooms, not luxurious but fine. We were woken up in the morning by lovely birds (hard to sleep in). Convenient water filling station near the block 19, so bring your bottle. No beer or drinks in the mini fridge, no bottled water either.

BEACH: The beach was lovely but sometimes rocky in the water so watch your feet. Great places to snorkel very close to the rooms. Great fish to see :) You have to wake early to grab a palapa with shade and chairs. I've seen a few beaches and this one has quite some nice white sand!

SERVICE: About the service, it was not bad but the staff are not as friendly as lets say Cuba or Mexico but was ok. I didn't like that the drinks are never in real glasses but in plastic... the wine, beer or cocktails are served in cheap plastic glasses. No like food or drink service after 1 a.m. and almost no entertainment at all, but is also very relaxing.

FOOD: awesome ! The buffet was so good we stopped trying to book at sit down restaurants. To book at the restaurants you have to be in the lobby with the concierge before 8 or they are all booked and you can only book for two days... We tried red parrot and papparazi which was good and pure lime that was also verry good. We all preffered the buffet.

If you have any questions don't hesitate !

We rented a car from our airline rep for 77$ usd for a whole day + 15$ US of gas for the whole day. We saw baby beach, orenjestad, donkey sanctuary, hooibourg mount, california lighthouse, arashi beach. We did the whole coast and loves every minute of it :)

7  Thank emjaythesunlover
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

I have gone on a lot of cruises with wonderful restaurants with delicious food and pampered service. I felt the same way about staying in this resort for a week.

The resort is beautiful and I loved my room which was on the second floor with a large balcony. The rooms are in two storey buildings with no elevators. The rooms have lots of storage; TV with English channels; room safe. Room looks just like posted on their website. Electrical outlets are the same as in North America. US currency is accepted when shopping.

All rooms overlook the beach and sea. The resort is clean and the staff will do anything to make your stay exceptional. The bartenders and restaurant staff are welcoming and entertaining.

They changed the sheets daily which I found extreme so I let the maid know that it was not necessary for me.

Even on hot days, the constant breeze provides relief. Some areas of the sea are rocky so water-shoes would be good. If you want to know where the sandy bottom is, just head to where the majority of people are swimming. I brought my snorkelling gear but did not see any fish in our area. I believe I needed to swim out into deeper waters. I think signing up for a snorkelling excursion would have been a better choice as there is a sunken ship at the north-west side of the island.

Tamarijn is also associated with Divi Aruba which is a resort up the beach and allows Tamarijn guests to use Divi’s facilities and restaurants. There is also free shuttles to and from the two hotels as well as the local casino.

It costs $9.00 for a taxi to take you downtown to shop or take you north to the Palm Beach shopping area. There are also a few shops behind the nearby casino which is close to the Divi resort as well as some resort shops.

The rock climbing feature at Tamarijn was closed when we visited as there was construction nearby.

We took a 1/2 day tour of the island for $35 US each and it was very good.

There is a hospital close by. We were told that the average Aruban knows four languages and English is one of them. We were also told that the island has a low crime rate — hip, hip, hooray.

7  Thank PamGurdHughes
Reviewed 8 April 2018

Very nice hotel a bit old but very clean and nice all the rooms are ocean view, we were on the 2nd floor, this was great. 20 min walk to the port where the Cruise Ship stops. Very nice weather 35 degree no humidity water was very warm. This island is very dry so lots of cactus. Very nice people. The food was very good. The only thing is you have to do restaurants reservations :o( But beside this it was very nice place.

Room Tip: we had a room in building 24 this was the greatest
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 99BeachBum
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I don't think there is a better place to stay! Very relaxing and the food is excellent! Everyone was very nice ! You can walk out your door and you're on the Beach! The buffet was also very convenient with Top Notch food. The hotel has an excellent selection of activities. And I recommend you take advantage of all of them book in advance.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Richard W
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Just returned from a fantastic week!!! Traveled with 2 families (5 teens ages 14-17). The rooms were perfect, we both had adjoining rooms as requested in building 17 & 19. We dined at Ginger, Pure Lime, Red Parrot, and The Palm Grill plus the buffets at Tam & Divi. We all Enjoyed them!! Made good use of the beautiful beach the water mats the hobie cat and the snorkel masks.. wish they had paddle boards but it may be too windy for an easy paddle. It honestly was one of our
Favorite vacations and we have been to plenty of all inclusives in Turks, the DR, Mexico and Jamaica. ARUBA Is ONE HAPPY ISLAND we will definitely return!! Oh and shout out to the De Palm/safari Jeep Tour.. a great way to see the sites off the beaten path

11  Thank MichelleWP72