This was my first trip to both the Tamarijn as well as Aruba. I did a ton of research before booking this trip and I got pretty much exactly what I was expecting.
LOCATION: Can't be beat. All the rooms are DIRECTLY on the beach. I stayed on the ground floor and you literally can open your back door and walk five feet to be on the sand.
FOOD/DRINK: The Tamarijn has a few restaurants that you need to make reservations for, as well as the Divi next door which has the Red Parrot. Many of the reviews I read specifically mentioned the Red Parrot as the best place to eat and while it was nice, both I and my travel partner thought that Ginger at the Tamarijn was THE BEST restaurant at the resort. Ginger is rather small and we really got lucky even being able to get a reservation since we aren't the type of people to get up at 8am to make bookings. The Red Parrot next door was also good, but I don't think it lived up to all the reviews I read about it, although the service there was EXCELLENT. The Palm Grill is also pretty good, although I can see why some people wouldn't enjoy cooking their own food on the table. I did not get a chance to eat at the Italian restaurant, Paparazzi. The lunch buffet was surprisingly good with a good selection every day. Same for breakfast. The pizza at the pool bar was also surprisingly good. The bartenders at all the bars were attentive, friendly, and constantly refilling our drinks. Some of them poured a little heavier than others, I would always suggest tipping. No complaints about food or drink at all.
ROOM: Could use a little updating and the leaking showers are annoying but not a deal breaker. You get what you pay for here and while nothing here will WOW you, it really was totally fine for me. Some TV stations really come in terribly (ESPN for instance) but honestly if you're sitting around watching TV you probably shouldn't bother going to Aruba.
Other things I thought I'd mention since I didn't see much of them in the reviews I read before booking:
The casino is a quick shuttle ride away. It's small but has a lot of slot machines if that's your thing. The Blackjack tables have VERY low limits ($3 from 6-8pm and $5 after) as well as craps. If you like to gamble but aren't a high roller, it's a pretty fun time.
The nightlife was actually better than I expected but still lacking in a few areas. There was a DJ playing dance music a few nights and it seemed nobody but my travel companion and I felt like dancing. Same thing for the live bands - good music but a very...subdued crowd. I realized before booking that this was a pretty relaxed resort but you'd think some of the other people here would rather be in a library or sleeping than enjoying their night out. One of my only complaints is that there is no good sound system around the pool bars at night and so no music once the live bands stop playing around 10:30 or 11. The travelers here seemed to be a very diverse mix of younger and older couples. I went at a time in September as I figured there wouldn't be many kids around and this was the case. There was a diverse mix of Americans, as well as some European and South American travelers, which is fun if you're interested in meeting people from all over the world as I am.
Overall, a *spectacular* trip, especially for the price. I wouldn't even hesitate to book here again, although next time I'd stay for twice as long.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All oceanfront rooms on the mile-long beach make this lively resort the perfect choice for beach lovers. The Tamarijn Aruba is Aruba's hot spot on the beach where the fun never stops. There's plenty of activity day and night. Learn to windsurf, ride a bike on the boardwalk or climb the 30-foot rock climbing wall right on the sand. Kayaking and snorkeling are just steps from the rooms. When the sun goes down, the fun begins with lively music around the pool and theme shows. Or try your luck at the Alhambra Casino nearby. All Inclusive Amenities: • 10 Restaurants and grills • 8 Bars with daily drink specials • 4 Freshwater pools • Non-motorized water sports • Divi Winds Sports Center with fitness center • Bikes, beach volleyball, tennis clinic • Weekly water aerobics, yoga and Zumba classes • Lighted tennis courts • Nightly entertainment with theme nights • 30ft Rock climbing wall on the beach • Daily activities • Kids Fun Club for ages 5 - 12 • Free Wi-Fi throughout property ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Evoline ltd, lastminute.com.au, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive Hotel Oranjestad
- Hotel Tamarijn
- Aruba Tamarijn
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Resort
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Hotel
- Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive Oranjestad