We were looking for a 5 star hotel actually but it was last minute so we settled for this one.
The room was average. We asked for Ocean view but we got a room facing the pool and partial view of the ocean, although when you were sitting on the patio you could see part of the ocean. We were on a main floor which I thought was too close to the public, but it turned out to be handy because we were close to everything. I was really counting on sitting on the balcony looking at the ocean and drinking a beer.
I was impressed with the food. There was 4 restaurants a la carte you could go to. But you had to reserve, you couldn't just go when it was convenient for you. The buffet was very good.
We book through Choice Reward was pretty good. Was through Sunquest and Thomas Cook Airlines. Very helpful. The trip was direct flight.
The people who advised us about the island being very safe, they were right. It is very safe, we rented a car and drove around went to different beaches.
It's very windy in Aruba. It helps with the heat. Where we were it was hard to swim in the ocean with the wind.
It was nice because there wasn't too many people, although there was still too many for me.
Everything was spread out, but they had a shuttle cart every 5 minutes or so.
Over all I'm not sure if I'd go back. I've been to Jamaica and find it prettier but not as safe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The mile-long beach is just the start. Enjoy breezy, sunny days strolling along the shore or relaxing pool side with a cocktail. The Divi Aruba is a refuge of relaxation, do as little or as much as you like. The atmosphere is laid-back both day and night. There are activities ranging from pool volleyball, to snorkeling to sunfish sailing. The nights heat up with theme shows including carnival, limbo and salsa dance lessons. Select from a variety of restaurants, bars and lounges, most right by the water's edge. All Inclusive Amenities: • All meals and snacks throughout the day at your choice of 10 dining options • Unlimited beverages at 8 bars • Guest accommodations just steps from the sand • Accommodations with a patio or balcony • Four freshwater pools • Non-motorized water sports • Complimentary Wi-Fi • Bikes (child, youth and adult sizes) • Lit tennis courts for night play • Divi Winds Sports Center with 30-foot rock climbing wall and fitness center • Taxes and service charges ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Hotelopia and getaroom.com so you can book your Divi Aruba All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divi Aruba All Inclusive Hotel Oranjestad
- Aruba All Inclusive Resort
- Aruba Divi Divi
- Divi Aruba Beach Resort
- Divi Aruba All Inclusive Oranjestad