“Early Iguana Joe Dinner”

Iguana Joe's Caribbean Bar & Grill
Ranked #48 of 251 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

We went here for an early dinner/late lunch while exploring Oranjestad. There didn’t seem to be a lot of competition and this is a chain so we were wary. Our skepticism turned out to be unwarranted.

First, the service was better than anywhere else we have been in Aruba. Second, we got seated immediately, which even at restaurants with open tables, seems unusual here. This was fortunate because we were hungry. Third, the food was good.

The wife loved her pan fried grouper, but the Cuban rice and beans did not seem very Cuban and were tasteless. I thoroughly enjoyed the fish tacos. The fish was perfectly seasoned and the hot sauces provided with the tacos added a nice kick without overpowering the fish.

Date of visit: February 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (2,128)

Reviewed 23 February 2018

Popped in for a quick bite to when we went in to visit town. Staff were friendly enough and fairly attentive, although it was busy with guests from a recently docked cruise ship. Food was great and reasonably priced for Aruba. Overall, not a bad place for a quick beer and bite to eat.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Was one of our favorite places to grab a burger on the Island...was served an overdone burger with cold fries and very stale bun... managers comment “yeah, I don’t like the bread in here either”...took 1 drink off the bill.... waitresses still very friendly ... you guys need to fix this!

Reviewed 23 February 2018

Food was good but I know my credit card was stolen and used by someone at this Iguana Joe’s. If you want your identity compromised, your credit card number stolen and used, then go to Iguana Joe’s on Aruba and use a credit card.
I did not use my card except at this restaurant because that particular card had no foreign transaction fees. Have not used it since, either yet there was a $25 charge to Skype recently. There is your proof and I will tell everyone I know about this and being a major airline pilot, the news will spread like wildfire.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

We ate at the Iguana Joes' at Paseo de Herencia. It was great fun to watch the water shows from our seats and enjoy a comfortable atmosphere. The food was delicious -I had coconut shrimp and my daughter had the taco bowl.Our waiter was great but I didn't get hia name.The place was colorful with lots to look at inside and out. We would highly recommend this place.