USD 286
USD 205
  • Breakfast included
Siboney Beach Club(St. John's)
USD 270
USD 189
Anchorage Inn(St. John's)
USD 115
USD 98
Ocean Point Resort & Spa(St. John's)(Great Value!)
USD 159
USD 148
Antigua Village(St. John's)
USD 186
USD 176
USD 471
USD 363
Travelocity
Antigua Seaview(St. John's)(Great Value!)
USD 123
Antigua Villa(St. John's)
USD 162
bedfinder
USD 617
2,301 results
All reviewswarri piercarib barpier restaurantarawak terracepoolside roomaqua aerobicsdickenson baythree starshirley heightspast sandalsbeautiful beachsome tlcgreat holidaycoconut grovesteel banda bit tiredfruit punch
Reviewed 5 April 2018

We were happy with our vacation at Halcyon Cove. We like small resorts with a clean room, good food and warm weather on a beautiful beach. As advertised, this is a 3* Resort and it was good value for a relaxing week away.

Our spacious pool view room was on the ground floor just steps away from the lunch beach bar, with a glimpse of the Caribbean from our terrace. We were only in the room to sleep so the dated decor didn’t matter to us. A/C was great and most of the time we had hot water for showers.

We thought the food was very good. Breakfast and dinner offered small buffet selections in the restaurant upstairs; lunch (burgers, fries etc) was at the beach bar. We ate dinner at the Warri Pier three nights and really enjoyed the lovely atmosphere out over the water as well as the food and service. Saturday night was BBQ rib night outside under the stars. We even lucked out with a full moon!

The beach was good for walking and you can go fairly far past Sandals and continue around the bend. There was always some seaweed as it was quite windy but the workers tried to keep up with it by raking every day. We never tired of the view looking out at the ever changing water in shades of turquoise under sunny skies.

As many other reviewers have mentioned, Halcyon Cove definitely needs more sun shelters!! There is lots of room on the beach to add more and shade is definitely needed. You really had to put your towel on a chair before 7:00 am for a shady spot and the resort wasn’t even full when we were there.

The airport is quite modern and a 20 minute ride from the resort. Our Air Canada flights were smooth and on time. Overall, we really liked Antigua and we had a great week at the Halcyon Cove.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Relaxinthesun
Riaan T, General Manager at Halcyon Cove by Rex Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from the Team at Halcyon Cove. We are delighted to know you had a happy vacation with us and appreciate the time taken to post a review on TripAdvisor.

We are looking forward for the opportunity to be of service on you next visit to Antigua.

Kind regards
Arlene Marsh

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I was hesitant after reading some of the reviews prior to the trip. Well it turned out to be amazing. Rooms were clean, food was excellent and the staff were amazing(front desk staff could have been friendlier). There was something going on throughout the day. Activities staff (Dave and Jessie-so much fun). The staff remembered our names, which made us feel even more welcome. Just a fantastic vacation. Will definitely be going back.
Janet Abel

Room Tip: Ask for a non obstructed view
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Rumrunner66

Dear Rumrunner66,

Thank you for choosing our resort for your recent vacation. We are very happy to know your stay with us was amazing and do look forward to your next visit.

Kind regards
Arlene Marsh

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I had stayed here overnight a few years ago en route to another Caribbean island and having holidayed previously in another Antiguan resort that I had found too isolated decided to give it a go and booked qith Virgin Holidays for an affordable week long stay in November to get some winter sun. And that is exactly what I got. It was not long after Hurricane Irma but that did not put me off as I know that the economy depends heavily on tourism and we would still be most welcome. I did my research beforehand and I knew that we would be fine. And we were. The only thing was that the Warri Pier was closed which was one of the USPs that had attracted me to book. Shame on Virgin for leaving it until less than 24 hours before the flight departure to email a letter (I'm assuming to all customers staying there) of this fact - not once on their website did they mention it was closed due to damage caused by the hurricane - wilful neglect on their part as I'm sure they didn't want anyone cancelling due to the consequent limited dining options. I was well aware it was closed thanks to doing my own research on TripAdvisor following the Hurricane but I observed others checking in who were unaware. They were repairing it while we were there and I can see from the subsequent reviews that it is up and running again which is great.

We booked a beachfront room which suited us perfectly. A bit of a walk to the main action but we had no issue with that. . Yes, I know the rooms look a bit dated but ours functioned, had air conditioning, and served its purpose. It is all about expectations. I did my research and wasn't expecting 5 star luxury so I wasn't disappointed.

The only thing I was disappointed in was the food. It could have been better and just better organisation such as labelling condiments at the Carib Bar (beachside buffet), would have been helpful. Dining choices were quite limited when we went.
The only place to eat at lunch and most evenings was at the Carib Bar so it felt a bit repetitive. The Arawark terrace and the bar adjacent to the reception was only open on our arrival night (the Saturday), and one other night.

The other thing was that as the week progressed the usual reserving of sun-loungers craziness increased and halfway in the week if you wanted one with an umbrella you needed to be up at 6am. Seriously! I can't imagine what it must be like when it is full high season.

Anyway, aside from that I had an enjoyable time with some much need R and R. The staff were hardworking, there was a diverse mix of visitors, it's not far from the airport, only 10 minutes into St. John's, and located on a gorgeous beach. If you want an affordable all inclusive holiday, have done your research and are realistic about what this hotel provides (i.e. you are not expecting a Sandals experience) then this is a good choice.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LondonMjm
Reviewed 29 March 2018

We stayed at the Halcyon from March 15th to 22nd and thoroughly enjoyed it. We were worried before we arrived because of the bad reviews but after arriving were not sure why.

We were in room 256 which had been renovated - newer bathroom - freshly painted - furniture in good condition - very comfortable beds. Air conditioner worked great & always had hot water. We had a partial ocean view from our balcony.

It is true that you had to get up early to have a shade hut for the day - most were gone around 6:00 am. Perhaps the resort could build a few more - most beach chairs were brand new.

Food was very good. We ate at the Warri Pier three (3) times which was great but buffet was always good. The buffet had roast beef with Yorkshire pudding, roast turkey, roast pork loin, etc.

We did not have issues with anything at the resort so not much contact with staff other than bartenders & waiters & they were all pleasant.

We would definitely return to this resort!!!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank crazyleaffan
Reviewed 29 March 2018

We returned for a third stay, 7 years after our last one - and it was better than ever.

The island is as beautiful as ever, we hired a 4x4 and spent several days visiting incredible, almost deserted beaches - something I recommend to anyone visiting Antigua. I'd tell you which the best one is (in our opinion) but I don't want it getting too popular and half of the enchantment is discovering them - just don't be afraid to go off the beaten track sometimes is all I'll say.

The Halcyon is much as when we last visited, though there have definitely been general improvements. It remains authentically Caribbean, and was good enough for the Antigua & Barbuda and Bermuda football teams and FIFA officials to stay at, which reflects this. There is constant low profile maintenance/improvement going on.

Its never going to be 'European', thank goodness, and its idiosyncrasies only add to its charm. It was quite busy (which can only be a good thing for the future) so extra sunbeds were brought in to meet demand. There is nothing to stop you having an absolutely great holiday there - and the beach and sunset view from there are amongst the best on the island.

It's great strength, which is as strong as ever, is the staff - every single one of them. There's always a smile, a "good morning/afternoon/evening, how's it going" from everyone. The staff - chefs, waiters & waitresses, bar staff, housekeepers, maintenance, (low key) security, reception and entertainment team are a credit to the management and the resort. Not so surprising given how friendly the people of Antigua are generally but it does help to make a stay there so much better.

We had a poolside room, with fridge, coffee maker, TV & safe and it was perfect for our needs - the beach and pool were just yards from the patio. It has been decorated fairly recently, was clean and kept that way by the housekeepers and the bathroom has been modernised. It has mixture of UK and US power outlets. The safe worked fine even if the choice of codes was limited.

The food was good - we were never short on choices. It's not cordon bleu because its not meant to be but nothing anywhere else in the world compares to how they cook fish and make soups in the caribbean. Lunch was sometimes a bit of a restricted choice for us as the BBQ was the main feature and we enjoy a club sandwich or pasta - but we were just 2 amongst 100+ and accept you can't please everyone all the time. We dined on the Warri Pier 3 times and would recommend this to anyone going to Halcyon, for both the food and the setting.

On our anniversary night this included an unexpected complimentary bottle of bubbly to mark the occasion - which was not expected but much enjoyed and appreciated.

If you are a people watcher like me, one thing that can entertain you is the expression on Sandals guests faces during the day when they realise they can't dine there.

Entertainment was every night except Sunday (because of Shirley Heights) and was varied. As you'd expect some was more to my taste than others because we all like different things. I'd have Steel Pans/Reggae Bands every night but am definitely not a fan of Carry Your Own Key (Karaoke) but judging by the tortured warblings and loud cheers this is popular with many guests - which just shows entertainment is always going to be a matter of personal taste.

I enjoy sailing Hobies but these are no longer available - which is a shame but didn't spoil anything.

Our Rep was Liz from Bo Tours and she was great - friendly, informative and helpful at all times including getting us a hire 4x4 at a very good rate with everything like CDW included.

All in all, I wouldn't think twice about recommending Halcyon Cove to my best friends and family - which probably summarises how good it is.

Big thanks to everyone at Halcyon for a great holiday.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple