“Wonderful Villa - Antigua Nice!!!!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Sunset Villa

Panoramic View #1
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Panoramic View #1
Table setting accommodates up to 8 people
Relax in the spacious living room
One of many beautiful sunsets
...and another......
Full moon at the villa
Dinning Area
Typical visitor to the villa
Even when it rains it's beautiful
Panoramic View #2
Newly renovated kitchen
Beautiful Dickenson Bay Beach
Dickenson Bay Beach
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
claudette...
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Villa - Antigua Nice!!!!”
Reviewed 1 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

First I want to say thank you to 2 people. - Trevor who manages the property, who picked me from the airport pushed my trolley round the supermarket to get some essential provisions on two occasions.. Trevor didn't mind when called him at 2.30am because I set the alarm off (I felt awful) Kept me updated on the tropical storm situation. He arranged excursion for me and was just a phone call away. Next is Ian from Oakely Taxi, a very genuine person.. We had lots of interesting conversations whilst he was driving me from location to location. As a lady travelling by myself, I felt very comfortable with him I will definitely use his services next time in am in Antigua (SOON!!). THANKS TO YOU BOTH.

Sunset Villa has everything you could possibly need, full kitchen, micro, oven fridge freezer there wasn't anything I needed in the kitchen area that was not there (I cooked a couple times during my 2 weeks). The villa has the most amazing view from the bottom veranda and from the upper deck , the views are to die for! Overlooking Dickenson Bay Beach. the villa has 2 bedrooms I used the one with the king size bed, I slept well every night. Lovely en-suite really powerful shower. Lounge room very large TV, music a great space. Sunset villa is VERY spacious even if being used by I would say upto 4 people you still would not feel on top of each other.
It was a short walk down top Dickenson Bay Beach (I did find walking back up a rather steep hill hard going - but it didn't stop me using this beach during my stay!!) You could get your drinks , sun loungers there were places to eat if you wanted (I brought down snacks and iced water). This beach is stunning , the water is amazing very calm (spent hours in the sea) No problems with venders just polite 'no thank you' is sufficient. Very easy beach to take a stroll and 'people watch!

Excursions: Day trip to Barbuda, I will never forget the beauty of this island Amazing!! picked up at Dickenson Bay
Stingray City OMG, what an experience holding, stroking the stingrays, (included in a trip around the island)
Prickly Pear Island - last day of my trip , late flight back, spent the whleo day on this little gem 8-10 minutes by boat, food , drinks, sun sea what more could you ask for (met an amazing little girl called Lucy the owners 'grand daughter , bright as a button!! *thanks for dropping me off and coming back for me Trevor.
Shirley Height Sunday evening (Ian - Oakley Taxi ) steel and reggae band really good vibes had a great time Great views.
Great Beach at Fort James also a great little dine/bar called LimerZ had a very tasty Snapper meal , they make great rum punches, (tell them how you want it!)
Go to town (St. Johns ) I did twice, just nice to stroll round no hassle. Had a great lunch at
C & C' Wine Bar, Redcliffe Quay ordered platter, cod fish fritters, chicken wings prawns and ham & cheese panini all very tasty!

I had a fantastic time in Antigua and my stay at Sunset Villa was amazing once again as a solo traveller I always felt safe on the island at the villa. , I have visited a number of Caribbean islands this has to be my 2nd favourite
You will not be disappointed with Sunset Villa a wonderful, wonderful accommodation.
Hope to be back soon!!!

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: loved the space at the villa open, airy, flowed really well
Liked least: the walk up for Dickwnson Bay Beach
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
beachenka...
Gans, Pennsylvania
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 27 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015

We had a very nice stay at this villa overlooking Dickenson Bay. You won't find a better view anywhere. The kitchen has been remodeled as well as the living room. There are 3 full bathrooms as well. Communication with Carole was great. Trevor was awesome!. He met us at the airport and we were able to follow him to the villa. He showed us parking, and explained everything we needed to know. Directed us to the grocery store and instructed us on the security system. We didn't have to call him much but when we did he was quick to respond. Having the 2 decks was just great, the view here is breathtaking. in fact some men came to check on the internet and were even taking pictures and talking about the view and they were Antiguans. The safe inside was a great feature as well as the ability to call home from there. Also a local mobile phone was provided which was a nice thing to have when traveling through the island. Not having a dryer was a minor thing as the clothes line worked perfectly. The air-conditioning works great as well. It was a perfect home base for exploring the island!

Liked best: The view
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
DayBreeze
Michigan
“Highly recommend!”
Reviewed 4 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015

Carol (owner), Trevor (manager) and Janis (housecleaner) were excellent to work with.
They patiently answered questions and concerns pre-stay and during our stay. Many of the rentals we looked into for this island would not accept credit cards and wanted total cash upfront at booking. This made me uncomfortable. Carol accepted payment via Paypal with deposit, then remainder as our stay loomed closer.
We rented a vehicle and had directions from Carol but Antigua roads do not have signage and in fact, are horrible roads (narrow and rough). Finding Sunset Villa was a problem. Once we did, we liked the location and the view is spectacular.
There is a nice covered patio on the main level but unfortunately, it doesn't get much of a breeze (weather was super hot while we were there this month). The rooftop patio has a nicer view and a nice breeze but no sun cover what so ever. It would be nice to have nice outdoor furniture up there with umbrellas. I suggested this to Trevor.
A clothes washer is provided with a clothes line for drying.
There is no dishwasher but has a nice size refrigerator with small freezer which we used for much needed ice. Small microwave, oven , stovetop and outdoor grill. Everything is as described in the listing. Houses are close together but noise was never an issue.
You do have to go through a bedroom to get to the living room which is a bit awkward.
Having 3 bathrooms will spoil you!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and view.
Liked least: lack of good outdoor furniture.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
HK7_10
Hong Kong, China
“SUPER SUNSET VILLA”
Reviewed 25 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

We spent over at a week at Sunset villa and loved every minute of it. The views over Dickenson Bay are fantastic. The booking process was efficient and Carol was extremely helpful. Trevor the local villa manager was excellent he was always available when we needed him but totally respected our privacy. The roof terrace was fantastic and the balcony great for an evening drink and breakfast. It is a short walk to a great beach. It is steep on the way back but only for a very short distance. Our 74 yr old Uncle managed the walk without difficulty. Overall we had a great stay and would highly recommend Sunset Villa.

leewenlia...
wigan
“Perfect Antigua experience”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

Our family of 4 has just returned from a week in Sunset Villa, Dickenson Bay, Antigua. First and foremost the view from the villa must be amongst the best on the island. Perfect sunsets from the roof terrace. The villa could easily sleep 8, with 2 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. Full kitchen and outside grill, if you don't want to take advantage the the many local restaurants. Trevor will pick you up at the airport and was really helpful giving a tour of the villa and was always on hand throughout the week for advice on excursions, car hire etc. The villa is fully alarmed and secure, with outside lights. It is a steep 10 minute walk from Dickenson bay but it is well worth it when you consider the view. Didn't want to leave and can't wait to return. Many thanks to Carol and Trevor.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing