“Nice atmosphere ”

Description: In front of the English Cemetery
Description: In front of the English Cemetery
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Great garden, good combination of western and Indonesian dishes, coffes, teas and beer.
And all at low prices for a restaurant.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

Occupying a small colonial house, this is an excellent place to unwind with a cold beer, get some western food to eat, enjoy a dessert, or simply to have a cup of coffee - they have a good selection of local coffees.

Having endured a “dry” dinner at the beach our first thought was to find a cold beer. I followed that up with cheesecake and a cup of Bencoolen House Blend coffee. The coffee was excellent, somehow the full flavour seemed to come out after drinking it. Or was that my imagination? Next time I’m in Bengkulu I shall definitely be back to find out.

We came here based on previous reviews. Our local driver did not know the place and we had to give him directions using G Maps. Locals don’t necessarily know street names, so best to ask them to direct you to (or ask your driver to take you to) “Makam Inggris” - Bencoolen Coffee House is directly opposite the British cemetery’s arched gateway.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

This Place so Amazing,I'm feel like at home.The price so cheap,start from Rp.10.000.
The owner and staff very friendly.
For the food and drink really delicious. Try the cheese cake so yummy

1  Thank soniamaharani117
Reviewed 8 October 2017

The Western food was surprisingly good for a coffee house in a small city on the coast of Sumatra. The prices were mid-range for Indonesia outside Jakarta and Bali ($8-$10 per meal). Service could have been a bit better.

1  Thank Chris W
Reviewed 24 April 2017

I had coffee and a very tasty carrot cake here and passed a very relaxed hour. It is very convenient for one of the local sights, the old British grave yard just across the road. The owners were very welcoming and gave me some useful advice on getting around town - and even found me a motorcycle lift back to my hotel!

3  Thank Michael F