My mother and I recently stayed at the Sanctuary and had a wonderful time despite some less-than-perfect weather and for the most part we found everything satisfactory. The breakfast got tiresome by about the third day, though it was fine, I think offering eggs would be a nice touch and judging by the vast quantity of chickens on the island, it's can't cost that much more. We had a few wonderful meals at the restaurant, the only thing that really bothered us was that the staff weren't allowed to give the hotel guests water. This is absurd. In a tropical island when I order an expensive meal, I expect there to be tap water available if I want it. The staff tried to tell us the water from the bar wasn't safe to drink...come on now, it's just a money making gimmick and not appreciated at all. We took our water bottles to every meal, refilled them from the restroom and asked the bar for ice, we shouldn't have had to do that, the water at the hotel is treated and should be available any time a guest wants some.
The room was lovely and the room service was exceptional, and all of the staff were lovely. The activities were a nice addition, though we did think it was odd that the tour desk handed us phone numbers and told us to book things ourselves from our room phone.
We loved the tropical gardens, location, pools and dining options and we'd stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A true taste of the exotic Cook Islands in the heart of the South Pacific, Sanctuary Rarotonga is an adults-only resort located on the pristine white sand shores of Aroa Lagoon. All suites are absolute beachfront. Tropical buffet breakfast, many resort activities, and daily activities program are included in the nightly rate. The perfect location for a romantic honeymoon or a relaxed beach holiday. Three effortless Weddings in Paradise packages. A true South Pacific paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sanctuary Rarotonga-on the beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Rarotonga-On The Beach Hotel Aroa Beach
- Sanctuary Rarotonga-On The Beach Aroa Beach