The beautiful landscaping and excellent level of garden maintenance is the highlight of this place. The gardens are wonderfully peaceful and create a great sense of privacy and intimacy.That said, our fortnight at the Novotel Bali Benoa got off to a bad start - we had to move rooms twice due to maintenance problems. By Bali standards, this is a pretty expensive hotel, so we expected better.
We stayed in a "tropical terrace" room in the beach wing. The room was very attractive, with an amazing bathroom. We had to fit our baby's port-a-cot into the bathroom, though, which kind of ruined the aesthetic! You will never run out of hot water at this place; it's really boiling hot. Just be careful not to burn yourself when you turn on the taps.
I'm surprised that some people have complained about the breakfast buffet. We thought it was great - lots of variety and very fresh. The hotel restaurant food is really inconsistent... I ordered gado-gado (an Indonesian salad) three times and it was quite different each time. My husband ordered a medium-rare steak from the room service menu and it was, frankly, unpalatable. On the other hand, I had a lovely meal at the beach restaurant, where some of the dishes were quite sophisticated.
We stayed with our 15-month old boy and he was made extremely welcome by the staff. It's crazy that they only have two highchairs in the restaurant area, though, and they are poorly designed highchairs at that. We ended up hiring a highchair from Bali Baby so we didn't have to use them.
Consider taking part in some of the daily activities. The man who leads the morning stretching and aqua exercise classes is fantastic. I saw other people doing egg-painting and hat-making activities and they appeared to be having fun.
I'd have to say that the beach actually exceeded my expectations. I hadn't been impressed by the online photos of the hotel beach area, but it's fine. Just don't expect a pristine surf beach wilderness experience! The pools are all good. We spent a lot of time at the main pool with our little boy. There is plenty of pool and beach seating and lots of shade if you want it.
There is very little in the way of interesting shopping in the area. Go somewhere else if that's important to you.
Decent nearby restaurants include Bumbu Bali and Cardmom. There's also a brand new one with a French chef (Frederic Boulay) at the Sakala suites down the road. This last one is pretty amazing, but not for those on a budget; count on spending a minimum of US$100 per person. The night we ate there, a really fantastic jazzy-Latin covers band was playing.
Overall, we had a good time. The staff were lovely, helpful and efficient at all times. Particular tribute should be paid to the housekeeping staff who did an excellent job throughout our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Novotel Benoa Bali is located at the edge of Nusa Dua, overlooking the golden sands of Tanjung Benoa beach. The resort has been created using traditional Balinese architecture which provides a unique atmosphere set within luscious tropical gardens.The hotel has 179 rooms each with a coconut wood interior design and either a balcony or a garden. There are 8 villas designed in a magnificent tropical style, each with a private swimming pool, an open-air living room, a bathroom with a whirlpool and a rain shower, an espresso machine and a spacious dressing room. Moreover, the luxurious 2-bedroom beachfront villa has all of the above facilities as well as an amazing view overlooking the ocean.The resort offers a variety of dining options including a daily theme buffet dinner, a beach restaurant, a pool restaurant and 3 relaxing bars. A daily entertainment program is provided all day through until the evening. Activities are available everyday for children at the Kids Club. Sport facilities include 3 swimming pools with 2 whirlpools, a tennis court and a fitness center, beach activities including volleyball. Specially designed indoor and outdoor beachfront "bale" spa for rejuvenating. Water sports are available nearby. A free shuttle bus gives access to Bali Collection shopping center in Nusa Dua. Parking and Wifi in the lobby area are also complimentary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Odigeo, Hotels.com and ACCOR so you can book your Novotel Bali Benoa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Bali Benoa Hotel Tanjung Benoa
- Novotel Hotel Bali Benoa
- Novotel Hotel Tanjungbenoa
- Novotel Nusa Dua
- Novotel Benoa Bali
- Nusa Dua Novotel
- Novotel Bali Benoa Nusa Dua Peninsula