“Part of our resort ”

Ranked #10 of 98 Restaurants in Tanjung Benoa
Price range: AU$30 - AU$113
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Open lunch and dinner, this expansive beachfront establishment comprises a refined indoor dining room with dramatic decor plus the open-air sky deck. Both confer palm fringed Indian Ocean views and accept reservations from hotel guests as well as outside diners. Reserve a private Kul Kul room for intimate gatherings among friends overlooking the Indian Ocean, or takeover the VIP lounge to party into the tropical night.
Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

As this is part of the resort where we are staying, I can't say enough about it. The service and the willingness of the staff to ensure that your holiday and full experience, is of highest quality that they can provide. This is a resort that I, we would return to many times and would highly recommend.

Date of visit: July 2016
MANTRASAKALA, Manager at Sakala Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2016

Dear Peter S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor during your visit to our Sakala Beach Club.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

Been here many times previously, unfortunately they have lost their head chef and it shows... The menu has changed, however some dishes have remained but they are VERY different... It wasn't bad food but nothing near the previous experience... If I had not have been for the exceptional service I would have been VERY disappointed for the price, there are so many venues now in Bali to choose from.
The new dishes defiantly superseded the old dishes (previously amazing)... I just hope they change their menu to reflect talents of the new chef... Maybe Asian fusion rather than French??? The four stars is definitely for the service... Outstanding!!! The food is maybe only a 2 :-(

Dear Toni M,

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor.

Please call me personally, or send to me a contact number so we can call you to help us better understand your disappointments and arrange a return visit so you may experience our improvements.

Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

We ate here purely due to having a voucher from the hotel.
We were so glad we did. The food, drinks and service were fantastic.
We were most impressed when our 10yr old got asked how he would like his hamburger Pattie cooked!
A must try is the chilli chocolate cocktail!

Dear TJOrmsby,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are happy that you love the atmosphere, as well as the service and food provided by our culinary team. I will share this wonderful feedback to the entire team.

We look forward to welcome you back at Sakala Beach Club in the near future.

Reviewed 20 July 2016

This place has awesome food and view. Access to pool, beach and bar. You may pass great time here with friends, family or spouse.

Date of visit: April 2016

Dear Muntasir S,

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

It's been two years since my wife and I last had a meal at Sakala and it was one of the reasons I wanted to return to Bali. We have travelled a lot and eaten in some exceptional restaurants and Sakala had stood out for the quality of its food, exceptional complexity and balance of flavours in its dishes and their intricate presentation?

Our disappointment this time was not so much bthat the meals we had were were bad, they weren't, however what in my opinion was a restaurant worthy of a Michelin star has slipped to being just another, rather expensive resort restaurant, lacking the atmosphere, and attention to detail required to stand out on a world stage and that's a shame.

There were still glimmers of what had gone before, a very tasty and well presented 'Amuse Bouche', spoilt by the fact that it was delivered only 30 seconds or so before our first dish arrived. The attentive but not intrusive service no longer exists and on more than one occasion I had to fill our own wine glasses.

We had ordered two appetisers rather than an appetiser and a main. My wife ordered a Caesar Salad followed by a Chicken Laksa and I the Beef Carpaccio followed by Foie Gras served with truffle oil. Neither of my wife's dishes were presented attractively on the plate and her comments would indicate that they fell well short of the mark flavour wise. I was a but luckier, the Beef Carpaccio was reasonably presented, well seasoned and flavoursome. The Foie Gras was also reasonably presented but the use of the truffle oil rather overpowered the foie gras, it lacked that important balance of flavours. The exceptional design and presentation we has experienced on our previous visits was not there.

This is now a resort restaurant where the dress of customers is jandals, tee shirts and board shorts, rather than smart casual; service is haphazard and inattentive and that magical atmosphere found in exceptional restaurants has gone.

Dear Chris1950822,

Thank you for taking the time to share your dining experience at our Sakala Beach Club.

We apologize for this presentation you describe. Please forgive us this is not the service standard of quality presentation we strive to achieve. I have spoken to our Chef who will share your feedback with their team for their further review. Total guest satisfaction is our utmost priority and it is thanks to your feedback that we are able to improve our service standards.