“Get what you pay for, not bad for the money”

Ibis Styles Bali Benoa
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Okay as it says you get what you pay for, when we arrived around 16:00 we were given our key straight away (perfect as we wanted to unpack and chill after a mega long journey).
As usual for us I didn't unpack until I thoroughly checked the room was okay, eveything was okay until I noticed the fridge not working! Then realised we had no electric, we called reception and to be fair someone appeared within 5 minutes. After 3 return visits and finding out the air conditioning was tripping the electric we called reception for a room change, we were then informed that they were already sorting it out and could we go to reception and collect the key to another room. 1st class service on their part for this.
I have many health and mobility issues and originally we were on the 2nd floor a long way from the lifts, our 2nd room was on the 5th floor but next to the lifts which was better for me . The room was kept topped up with towels, clean bedding, tea, coffee, whitener and water. Cleaned daily but the only issue was the floor didn't seem to be mopped (good job they provided slippers as these were used 24/7). Very little wardrobe space and only a few hangers but they soon sent more hangers when I asked, also no drawers which I have never encountered before so all underwear etc was on show on a shelf . We were in room above the bar unfortunately all the air con units are below these rooms which made it very noisy and I do not sleep very well at the best of times
Breakfast okay I only had fried eggs and occassionally toast for the 1st week, after that didnt eat as I got bored with it. Its great if you like curries, rice etc for breakfast We took our tea, coffee and whitener as I am fussy but the only issue I had was when I asked the staff for boiling water in my home brought keg (with the own coffee and whitener in they said I could only have a cup full, more like a thimble!!!!!). I found how to get the boiling water out of the machine and did it myself, wasn't impressed with that!
We had no problems with loungers but we love the sun and dont want brollies, the beach however if you didnt get there early, you would have to lay on the sand and wait for one of the 6 beds to become available. The sea is very shallow and lots of sea urchins, take foot protection!!! It is advertised as an area for water sports so is very busy and not suitable for swimming/ snorkelling.
The restaurants in the area 95% are brilliant, I have put reviews on many we went to separately.
Bakers Corner turn right out of the hotel is great for food, drinks etc very good prices.
Now for a SERIOUS WARNING....they say only go to an authorised money exchange there are lots around, there are also lots on the street saying they are authorised (this is not true) while lots are okay there is 1 that will con you (picture added). The only time hubby went alone, they had another man pacing behind my husband and when he looked around they moved 500,000 rupiah without him seeing. This place is right out of Ibis Styles past the wasteground there is a white sign Rumah Makan Family sign.... As hubby had already left and I checked it we thougth there was no way we would get the money back so for your own sake.....do not give them your money people.
Now if you want a brilliant tour guide for a fantastic price and someone that will give his all to make your holiday perfect this is your man, Nengah Suarjaya at Candidasa Transport (james for short lol) if you would like his contact details let me know and I will send them to you, he made our trips so special it made our break the best ever and we have travelled a lot.

Room Tip: Ask for poolside as the road rooms have balconies but are noisy
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa M
General_Manager_ISBB, General Manager at Ibis Styles Bali Benoa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Dear Lisa M.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I am really sorry to hear that your stay was not up to expectations, however I'm glad that our team gave you their best effort to fixed the situation.

I have well noted all your concern in regards to the room and breakfast.
Please rest assure that we have taken a prompt follow up to avoid the same occurrence happen in the future.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Stayed for 10 nights as a package we booked through Holiday Gems which came up on Travelzoo. The money we paid you cannot complain as the deal was so cheap. We upgraded our room to a suite which allowed us extra space which was nice. Even though the room seemed clean, there were stains on the sofa, bed linen and the towels were awfully threadbare and covered not a lot! A simple upgrade of towels would be good.
Breakfast was fine, as there was an egg cooking station which was always popular.
The pool was ok but the decking needs to be sorted as quite dangerous.
If you take a right or left out of the hotel there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance to try and very cheap.
We popped over tot he Holiday Inn a couple of times and paid £10 each to be day guests and use their facilities which were fantastic.
There was always an abundance of taxis available which was good too.
Staff were helpful and friendly as well.
Overall a decent stay but we missed our luxuries.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
General_Manager_ISBB, General Manager at Ibis Styles Bali Benoa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Dear TheInformer,

Thank you for choosing us and thank you for sharing your experience.

Kindly please drop us an email at pa@ibisstylesbalibenoa.com and mention your details of booking for us to be able to follow up further.
We have just purchased new linens and it should upgrade the look of the room itself.

Concerning to the pool deck, I am very pleased to inform you that we have replaced the whole deck with new material which is more eco-friendly and safe.

It is our hope that you could come back again in the future and experience a different ambiance at the pool.

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

the smell of my first room wasn't quite well, and the next room (after extending) were neither airconditioning fail to work or hot out there, bu te girls room are OK with their airconditioning, they should make the pool more pleasant to use

Room Tip: 2nd floor (ask for the new / renovated room)
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear 722rudyp,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your review.

It is our hope that you could drop us an email at pa@ibisstylesbalibenoa.com and brief us the details of your room booking for our further follow up.
I hope you could specify as well the pleasant ambiance you were wishing for at the pool.

Thank you again for sharing and looking forward to welcome you back in ibis Styles Bali Benoa.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed in Ibis for 11 nights and it was very comfortable.
The staff from front of house, kitchen ,spa and room attendants was so friendly and specially Ferdinand,just want to say thank you.
We really enjoyed our stay.
The hotel has pool and our room came with breakfast too.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear ubimacapuno,

It is a pleasure to read your review.

I am very happy to know that you have enjoyed your 11 nights with us, love the pool and the breakfast.

I will certainly pass your positive comment to Ferdinand as I believe this will serve him as an encouragement to always deliver excellent service towards our guests.

Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Stayed here for 10 days, and can say we was surprised how clean and comfortable our room was considering it wasn't very expensive. The pool area had sun and was clean. The beach area is a little confusing as you walk down an alley and once you get to the beach you have to walk further along to find the Ibis part (which isn't sign posted, we just came across it by walking) and not many sunbeds. Very good location and it's good it's only a few minutes walk from the beach. Breakfast was ok just your standard buffet of Indonesian food and toast, cereal, fruit, eggs (however you want them cooked), we did get offered bacon on our last day (seems maybe you have to request it).

We didn't have a balcony which at first we would have liked however speaking to others it seems the balcony rooms are on the road side and noisy.

Overall I would recommend this hotel if you are on a budget.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa W

Dear Lisa W.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I am glad to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us, especially in the clean room and at pool.

I have well noted all your concern in regards to the beach and breakfast.

Thank you again for sharing and it is our hope that you could come and visit us again...

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tanjung Benoa
2.6 km away
The Sakala Resort Bali
The Sakala Resort Bali
#10 of 26 in Tanjung Benoa

Been to Ibis Styles Bali Benoa? Share your experiences!