All reviewsegg stationswimming poolbali benoathe holiday innjunior suitenice pooldecent sizeconvenience storeacross the roadbenoa areawater sportstoll roadthird floorwelcome drinkfamily roomnusa dua beachfree shuttle
Reviewed 12 October 2017

the smell of my first room wasn't quite well, and the next room (after extending) were neither airconditioning fail to work or hot out there, bu te girls room are OK with their airconditioning, they should make the pool more pleasant to use

Room Tip: 2nd floor (ask for the new / renovated room)
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
General_Manager_ISBB, General Manager at Ibis Styles Bali Benoa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Dear 722rudyp,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your review.

It is our hope that you could drop us an email at pa@ibisstylesbalibenoa.com and brief us the details of your room booking for our further follow up.
I hope you could specify as well the pleasant ambiance you were wishing for at the pool.

Thank you again for sharing and looking forward to welcome you back in ibis Styles Bali Benoa.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed in Ibis for 11 nights and it was very comfortable.
The staff from front of house, kitchen ,spa and room attendants was so friendly and specially Ferdinand,just want to say thank you.
We really enjoyed our stay.
The hotel has pool and our room came with breakfast too.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear ubimacapuno,

It is a pleasure to read your review.

I am very happy to know that you have enjoyed your 11 nights with us, love the pool and the breakfast.

I will certainly pass your positive comment to Ferdinand as I believe this will serve him as an encouragement to always deliver excellent service towards our guests.

Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Stayed here for 10 days, and can say we was surprised how clean and comfortable our room was considering it wasn't very expensive. The pool area had sun and was clean. The beach area is a little confusing as you walk down an alley and once you get to the beach you have to walk further along to find the Ibis part (which isn't sign posted, we just came across it by walking) and not many sunbeds. Very good location and it's good it's only a few minutes walk from the beach. Breakfast was ok just your standard buffet of Indonesian food and toast, cereal, fruit, eggs (however you want them cooked), we did get offered bacon on our last day (seems maybe you have to request it).

We didn't have a balcony which at first we would have liked however speaking to others it seems the balcony rooms are on the road side and noisy.

Overall I would recommend this hotel if you are on a budget.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa W

Dear Lisa W.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I am glad to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us, especially in the clean room and at pool.

I have well noted all your concern in regards to the beach and breakfast.
Please rest assure that we have taken a prompt follow up to avoid the same occurrence happen in the future.

Thank you again for sharing and it is our hope that you could come and visit us again...

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Prior to our arrival we requested the hotel to arrange transfer from the airport which, although taking 3 emails to sort, was eventually carried out and was very reasonably priced at about £10. What had ticked me off we were informed 4 days before our departure that there would be a "maintenance event" at the pool for the duration of our stay? What was this "event" I wondered? Bring a shovel? A brick mitzvah? In spite of our contacting our travel company requesting a change of venue all we ever received back was 2 emails requesting our booking reference number and some other banal piece of information both of which they knew giving they had sent us all the in the first place.

On our arrival, as this holiday was for our 40th anniversary, we were informed we had been upgraded to a "balcony" room. Given this was overlooking Benoas mini version of the M1, not surprisingly this was underused. The pool event turned out to be half of the pool area covered in black plastic whilst the maintenance team carried out there dastardly deeds. The upshot was a small amount of brollies and beds were reduced by half thus making the procurement of one almost impossible. Not to worry thought we, at least there is the private beach area. This consisted of taking your life into your own hands whilst a constant stream of cars and mopeds flies down the road at breakneck speeds followed by a 250 meter walk down a high walled litter strewn alley that hasn't been swept in some 20 years. Surely it must be worth it when you hopefully get there? Wrong! The area consisted of 3 beach umbrellas and a grand total of 6 beds (no mattress) placed at the far end of the beach (go left when you exit the alley) and was almost being overtaken by the beach vegetation. There were no other facilities and the area almost looked derelict. Given you have to pass other hotels manicured lawns and bars and swimming pools to access the Ibis Oasis this is somewhat depressing.

Before I continue with this diatribe I will give some positives. The staff were lovely particularly Ferdinand and couldn't do enough for you. Saying that I think it is the hotels ploy to employ someone like Ferdinand as he is so likeable I almost felt guilty complaining. I acknowledge this is a budget hotel and basically you get what you pay for. Saying that the room was comfortable although the decor overall was very tired. The Internet in the room was practically non-existent and I purchased a very cheap SIM card for my iPad the day after we arrived..

I had read previously this hotel did not have alcohol however this is incorrect as their is a reasonably priced bar at the end of the pool. Just carry on past the wall of canvas, you can't miss it . The room itself was a bit strange with no draws, 4 coat hangers and a dressing table with no mirror. A pouffe was also in the room and served no use whatsoever. There was tea making facilities but no milk or spoon, just a stirrer. Also there were no glasses. Our kettle blew the electrics one day and the replacement almost burnt my wife's hand. A call to reception did increase the amount of coat hangers. A pina colada ordered from the bar consisted of 4 inches of liquid and 4 inches of froth and tasted only of pineapple juice, this was returned and topped up with liquid but still tasted unlike pina colada. Not bad for £8.

On day 3 the maintenance event shifted to the other side of the pool and we complained that we were unable to find any shade by the pool. For our troubles we were given 4 plain chocolates and an apology. On this day our AC decided to stop working but was quickly repaired and we decided to try the hotel barbecue along with live acoustic singer. The food was average however by 9.30 there was still no sign of the singer and when I inquired where were they I was informed that the singer had cancelled earlier that day and so were given two complimentary scoops of ice cream........whoopee do! On our return to the room we had a power outage and though this was quickly fixed the AC was again not working and we were given a portable unit which sounded not unlike a world war 1 fighter plane. During the night my wife got out of bed only to step in a mini river from the AC snaking under the bed and soaking into her suitcase. Oh happy days.

I had read a lot about the breakfasts and unfortunately found most of the negatives to be correct. Choice of cereal was cornflakes or some chocolate covered kiddy cereal. Fresh fruit turned up occasionally and consisted of pineapple or some melon, neither which tasted particularly fresh or juicy. There were frequently no cups and the orange juice was not fresh. The only saving grace was the egg station and you could compliment your omelette or fried eggs with two slices of streaky bacon and baked beans which I only found out two days before we left. This is of course unless you prefer Asian food for breakfast.

Given that the AC could not be fixed we were given another room but believe me it is not easy to repack and shift. Given the problem with our room we were upgraded to a suite and Ferdinand was forever checking our welfare. Sadly the maintenance continued relentlessly and the noise was unbelievable. We had been informed that this would continue until the 26th but it did actually finish on the 22nd.

Mosquitos are as usual in this part of the world, so repellant is advisable morning and evening, we could count on one hand the times we were bitten and they were not overly irritating unlike the traffic which is absolutely horrendous, this being at all hours of the day and night.

As a summary for the Ibis, I cannot fault the staff in friendliness but to only supply 12 sun beds with umbrellas, 6 on beach and 6 by pool is criminal, especially for pasty Brits just arriving from the UK. As a result even taking extreme sunblock precaution, I still ended up very uncomfortable for a few days. Further, due to the lack of shade, we were forced to go to other beaches and pay for beds and transport. In the almost words of Arnie Swarzennegger......"I WONT BE BACK!"

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear bewise56,

I regret to read your review.

Your notes have been taken into serious consideration to avoid the same occurrence in the future.

I am glad that Ferdinand could at least help you at ease for everything he could do for...

Thank you for sharing and I hope we could have the chance to serve you better next time.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

To anyone looking to stay in the Benoa area of Bali take a good look at this hotel. The staff, run under the very capable manager Ferdinand, are very friendly and obliging. The hotel is clean and tidy. The food and service is great. There is a free bus pickup and return to Bali Collection which is an upmarket shopping centre with several restaurants within.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear bobpotter2017,

Thank you for your review.

It is truly a pleasure to have a positive comment.
Ferdinand is indeed a person whom you can rely on during your stay with us. I believe his attitude towards our guests has influenced everyone in the hotel to do the same thing.

I hope you could spread the word to everyone who plan to come to Benoa to stay at ibis Styles Bali Benoa and experience the same amazing holiday as you.

Thank you again and looking forward to have you back staying with us in the future.