All reviewslobsternational trustbed linenlocal pubharbour viewcherry tomatoesweather forecastlovely lunchfriend's birthdaycolour schemeferry crossingfriendly establishmentchurch baydefinitely worth a visithakefish cakeslucky with the weather
Reviewed 5 April 2018

I really liked the Manor House, my stay just wasn't long enough! My bedroom was lovely, big and bright with a beautiful photo behind the bed. The hotel manages to balance mod-cons with a vintage charm. All of the staff were so genuinely friendly, they went out of their way to help with anything they could. Food for all meals went down very well and there was a good selection for all tastes.

Room Tip: The rooms to the front have a beautiful view of the harbour, with lots of seals lounging around!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Booked for lunch on Easter Day and from the minute I arrived the experience was good. There was a log fire in the reception/bar. They remembered my booking without even checking a register.
I was early because I wanted a pre lunch drink which arrived without delay along with the menu.
After I ordered I was taken to my table which had a beautiful view across the harbour. Food - goats cheese starter followed by crusted roast pork main course - was delicious, plentiful and all sides were included. Staff were most attentive.
Great value too. Look forward to returning.
It wasn’t busy due to a dire weather forecast for the next day had caused a number of cancellations in case the ferry couldn’t operate. The staff were helpful with a couple checking in for the night by advising them that there might be difficulty getting back even though this would be to the Manor House’s disadvantage.
I look forward to returning to this beautiful friendly establishment.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 March 2018

From the minute we arrived we were made to feel special. The staff did everything to accommodate us. The decor is very pleasing, fresh, clean, reassuring. And real fire burners creating cosy comfortable atmosphere in reception and dining room. Top notch food. Beautiful bedroom. Idyllic view. Perfect location and everything else to match.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2018

This was our first trip to Rathlin Island and we had a lovely time and will always remember it.

We stayed here for 2 nights and were made to feel very very at home here.

This lovely, clean, tidy and welcoming hotel feels more like a large home and is lovely for it.

You really can walk off the ferry and be in the hotel within 1 minute, it is so close.

A great location.

So relax and enjoy yourselves at this special place.

It is amazing to stay on the island and you can almost feel the island relax a bit more once the last ferry has left the island. It was a lovely feeling.

The Puffin buses leave from the ferry jetty so you can be enjoying your morning coffee and watch the bus arrive to then walk out to it; before the ferry arrives with lots of people on it.

Of an evening you can walk around the bay to the pub if you want to stretch your legs, or cycle down to a lighthouse or 2. Our 7 year old could cycle for a good distance on 'flat-ish' roads, so it was worth taking our bikes on the ferry.

We will be back :))

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view :))
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Wiggles-World
Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

Just a quick review. We stayed here last weekend and I can but praise there new manager Andrew to heaven and back. What a difference. We have stayed before and will definitely be booking again for next year. Andrew is so calm and already we can see his style, Grace and outstanding finishing touches hitting everything from decor to service standards. A wonderful addition to a wonderful place. The dinner was outstanding and breakfast truly hearty. Can't wait to come back and we wish Andrew well in his new role. We will be telling all our friends and good luck in putting rathlin island on the map

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends