“Fantastic”

Ranch Amodou Cheval
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Ride along the 6 Km of sandy beach,by Camel Horse or Pony whilst taking in the breathtaking views of Tamraght beach, Following the trail up into the Atlantic mountains where you will surely see a goat or two having a feast high up in the argon trees. See the Local Berber people going about their daily life, dependant on which ride you select we will provide you with Traditional Berber meals, Moroc
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Baby buggy parking, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We have just returned from Morocco and had a lovely 2 hour ride on the beach from the Amoudou Ranch. It was just myself and my daughter and the guide, we are both experienced riders and had nice horses with plenty of go but well behaved apart from mine being nappy at the start and wouldn't leave the yard! However he was fine once on our way. We had lots of canters on the beach which was great and we rode into the hills a little which was nice too. They even had chaps to lend us which saved us some pain the next day as we only had leggings. The price was very reasonable at 30 euros each and this included mint tea and our taxi to and from the hotel which was a good 15 minutes away. I thought the horses were a little thin and they were feeding them straw, they also were tied by one leg in their stalls where they lived all the time, but on the whole they seemed fine. They also had camels and a cute baby donkey. Well worth a visit and also someone at the hotel had gone riding on the Thomsons trip at another yard and been very disappointed and not gone on a beach at all.

7  Thank sally41

Reviewed 8 August 2013

This is my second time visiting Agadir and this time couldn't be more different from the first time, last time was an assault on the restaurants and nite clubs of the city, this time it is to see more of real Agadir/Morocco.
One of my favourite "things to do" was to visit Amodou Cheval, this is a horse riding establishment about 10km outside Agadir and well worth the trip, even if horse riding is not your bag then ride a camel or go quad biking, surfing and jet ski is available there also.
The 12km beach is really beautiful and there is a large camp site nearby.
All abilities are catered for there and the horses are well cared for and quite, I had a two hour ride there and was collected at my hotel and brought to the stables and back, this cost 30 euro, including the transport, great value for money.
They have lots of different options so you can choose which you want, all round a great time and nice people and animals.

5  Thank irelandbrophy_9
Reviewed 7 August 2013

A great trip, I booked from the UK and Adil came to pick me up from my hotel bang on time as stated. He was very friendly, polite and chatty about the area and took us to the ranch which was about 20 minutes away. Here we each had a camel to trek on, but you could also do horse or donkey riding should you wish.
Our trip was from the ranch, through the outskirts of the village to the beach where we then dressed as locals and got to act as the camel guide for each other. We were out and on the camel for 2 hours at least and it was a fun trip that we will never forget!

6  Thank KeshyPeterborough
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I came here last year and had a great sunset ride. I have to say therefore that the chance to do this again was a major factor in coming back to Agadir. Needless to say we were not let down. The guys at the ranch were great again and even asked my daughter if she wanted to ride the same horse as last year.

The ride itself was lovely as we wandered along the beach and through dunes and groves of trees before making our way back along the beach as the sun went down.

Could write a short novel about this trip but the only way to really experience it is to have a go yourself. I should finish add that I am not an experienced horse rider so don't let that put you off going. The worst you will get is a sore bum the next day.

5  Thank chris p
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely 2 hour horse ride along the beach at sunset! We were collected by taxi which was included. There was only my boyfriend and myself on the trip with one guide on a horse and one walking along with us too. We were matched with suitable horses as we had never ridden before. Both guides made sure we were ok on the way and chatted as we went along. Would recommend this trip to anyone! Only advice - wear trousers and something proper on your feet! :)

4  Thank EnglishAdvisor85