Review Highlights
Amazing must-do experience!

The whole experience was so much better than what I expected. From the atmosphere to the people... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Leticia S
London, United Kingdom
via mobile
Highly Recommend!

We stayed for a week at Surf Star but easily could have stayed forever! From the moment we arrived... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
James M

All reviews yoga classes sunrise and sunset roof terrace fantastic week green waves complete beginner beach days big thanks feel at home great instructor friendly team moroccan cuisine dietary requirements the kitchen staff wet suits would highly recommend this place communal areas are
Reviewed 3 November 2014

We have just got home from a lovely week staying at Surf Star Morocco. We are a family of four including kids of 8 and 6. All of the guys at Surf Star could not have been any more helpful with the kids. We all four of us shared a room but your could just as easily have two rooms of two next to each other . We shared our toilet/shower with one other couple which was never a problem. The accommodation was apartments in a previous life so every pair of rooms has a kitchen and a large hallway meaning you have got somewhere to sit if you need to while away some time waiting for the kids to drop off (never a long wait after a day surfing). There's also a little shop nearby for crisps and soft drinks etc.

Without exception all of the staff were great with the kids with a warmth that you can not fake. The days all beat to a similar rhythm, all the meals are taken on the next to top floor, everyone sat together. The food is tasty and filling and you work so hard all day having fun that you need lots of calories come the evening!

So there's morning yoga for the committed, breakfast and then hop in the transport to go to the beach. Khalid took the kids off our hands so they got 1:2 coaching while we were in the beginners group for grown ups (in our case 1:5). Our 6 year old was surfing stood up on day 1, followed by the 8 year old on day 2 and the parents later in the week.

A day on the beach runs from approx 10am to 4pm with the kids doing as much or as little surfing as they want. The beginners beach is soft sand, stone free so buckets and spades would be a good thing to bring. Wetsuits and boards are provided and out of the water we were never in anything other than shorts and t-shirts all week, so packing is simple. The kids will miss some of the point if they are buried in electronics so ours were strictly rationed.

After you get back from the beach there is showering, lazing and sunset yoga for those who want it. Followed by dinner, tired conversations and early nights. We were all beginners to surfing and all loved it, although it is ruthlessly honest with you about your age and fitness levels.

It was a great holiday for the kids, surfing gave them a real focus and the lovely crew at Surf Star meant that Mum and Dad got to surf too. The whole thing, the setting, the sun, the waves makes it easy for kids and adults alike to over commit and invest too much energy. By days 3 and 4 there were several of us taking it very easy to try and allow our batteries to recharge.

Surf Star was pretty much full when we were there with a lovely cross section of nations and ages represented. The set up, eating and hanging out together on the roof terrace contributes a lot to the fun of it. The week we were there the was another family with young adults of 13 and 17 and I would say with confidence that Surf Star would make a great holiday for kids of any age from 3 or 4 upwards.

Chilled, energetic, tiring, friendly, amazing family fun.

1  Thank DaddySausage
Reviewed 24 October 2014 via mobile

My 4th trip with Surf Star! Staff is just so lovely! Food (me as veggie) was really good, everyday from breakfast to dinner! New surf house in Tamraght is just beautiful. So chill athmosphere! All that you need for having perfect surf holiday in Morocco! Just go there with smile on your face and enjoy! ps.i love the owners Lucie &Momo. Definetly going back many times..:)

1  Thank Heidi R
Reviewed 4 October 2014

I extended my stay at Surf Star (twice) and spent my time practising yoga, eating delicious food and laxing on the beach. The people are incredible and you feel right at home. I recommend staying at least one week, I would have stayed longer if I could. The staff at Surf Star ensure you have nothing to worry about and you wont spend any more than the cost of your package. The room was spotlessly clean and the communal areas are great for down time.

1  Thank Rachel194
Reviewed 20 September 2014

I spent a week at Surfstar in September. My friend had stayed in June, and raved about it all summer until I went back with her. I can honestly say it's one of the best holidays I've ever had!

I 've never really done all inclusive before, but it really did make the trip so relaxing and hassle free. At Surfstar they take care of everything for you. Everything was perfect! Room, food, surf, tuition, company, atmosphere...

A basic day went like this: Wake up in the morning to roof terrace yoga and an awesome Moroccan breakfast. Then down to the beach to surf, eat, surf, yoga, eat, chill out on the roof terrace.

The surfing lessons absolutely made my trip. I started out a total beginner and pretty scared of the water. I'm not a strong swimmer and not used to the ocean. I had no expectation to be able to stand up and surf at all. My instructor Khaled on the first day was incredibly patient and sweet, he went through the technique with me on the beach, and tried each method of standing up until I figured it out. I ended up standing up the board on my first day, loving it, and surfing all day every day for 6 days. I even caught a couple of green waves by myself, something I never thought I'd be able to do. The equipment was all new or next to new. the guides even set up sun shades for you on the beach and remind you to have a break to put sun cream on. They take such good care of you.

The waves were pretty good for me as a beginner. I'm told they get bigger through autumn and winter and are smaller through summer. From what I hear from other people though it's a great destination to surf year round.

I have to emphasise how great the team is at Surfstar. The owners Lucy and Mo, ALL of the instructors, and the guys back at camp looking after us and making sure we had all the food we needed were some of the nicest people I've ever met.

The yoga was awesome too. I'm pretty new to it, but Lucy's lessons were both challenging and fulfilling. Great way to unwind after a days hard surfing! The second half of my week was a yoga retreat with a guest yoga teacher. This meant we were able to do over 3 hours of yoga a day without missing any surf time, so if you are into yoga definitely look in to the yoga retreat they are offering in October 2014.

The rooms were great, spotlessly clean and had kitchenettes with fridges for the bottled water they give you every day. The building itself seems pretty new. The roof terraces on top are just the BEST! You can see one of the surf beaches from up there. Spending long nights hanging out with everyone up there is something I'll always remember.

The food: Breakfast was awesome. Different every day - stuff like fresh bread, jam, avocados, almond paste, porridge/ cereal, fresh coffee, smoothies, all the fruit you can eat. Lunch was always filling and nutritious (sandwiches, omelette, pasta or salad). Dinner was something different and delicious every night. It's buffet style so there is always more than enough for everyone. My favourites were the tagines and BBQ fish. The team are always really helpful if you have special dietary requirements too (or if just want seconds!).

Massive thank you to everyone at Surfstar. I'm buying a surfboard and doing yoga every day now! Of all the places I've been in the world this is the one I can't stop thinking about going back to.

If you're looking around at different places to go, don't even hesitate to book Surfstar. It really is as awesome as it looks in the photos.

1  Thank 42phnx
Reviewed 15 September 2014

Lucy, Momo and all the team at Surf Star Morocco are those special people who go the extra mile in giving you the best holiday you can wish for. I went on their guest yoga retreat with surfing and it was absolutely amazing. The accommodation was clean and in apartments which surpassed my expectations. The roof top gave great views of the beach and dinner time was wonderful with true Moroccan delights each night.
Coming as a single traveller, I was nervous but Surf Star had such a great atmosphere that I made friends instantly. I had a free massage as part of my package which was amazing along with free transfers which made it such good value. I cannot sing praises enough for this place - book it now and you will not be disappointed!

1  Thank axf_08