All reviews attention to detail homemade lemonade tasting menu upgraded to a suite addo elephant park private plunge pool deck overlooking nespresso machine friendly and prompt service fine dining hand written separate sitting area course dinner south africa citrus farm four poster bed large bathroom
Reviewed 15 August 2017

My family and I had the pleasure of staying at Woodall using it as a home base for exploring Addo Elephant Park, and it was truly a treat. The property is beautiful and no detail is overlooked. The food is fantastic, and the staff is helpful and friendly. It's in a citrus orchard, so make sure to try the homemade lemonade available each day at reception. Our game drive with Ruan was a highlight of our trip to South Africa and gave us the tools to do a meaningful self drive the following day. I would love to return to Woodall.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2017

This was my second visit to Woodall Country House and Spa within three months. It did not disappoint. As a frequent traveller, both on business and for leisure, it takes a lot to knock me over with consistent service delivery, staff attitude and accommodation. The first time I visited Addo I was retreating from the world due to the loss of a loved one. I had notified the uber sophisticated and efficient GM, Eduan of the reason for my spending time at Woodall. The kindness, caring and service I received was world class. From the cleaning staff right through to the special Spa and staff, to the fine dining table, I was met with warmth and genuine concern for my welfare. This is a rarity in our frantic world where time does not stand still. At Woodall it does. I vowed to return, this time bringing two close friends with me to share in the pure pleasure and delight of staying at Woodall Country House and Spa. Three days of bliss followed. My previous suite had been booked for me, with a welcoming basket of fruit and fine champagne which we enjoyed on the deck overlooking the Woodall swans and bird species. Attention to detail is everywhere, from the Nespresso machine in each room, to the delicate ferns arranged on towels and bedside tables. Rooms are very spacious, twin indoor and outdoor showers, bath and double basin completes the picture. My room had an annexe with sleeper couches, ideal for afternoon lazing and reading. Each suite has a private patio. A tranquil, peaceful location for this lodge on a working citrus farm, where the fragrance of lemons and oranges stays with you on walks, in your room and as you stroll around the property. A secluded swimming pool for summer days and citrus spa offers exceptional treatments under the well trained therapists. Robyn who manages the Spa is a gem. Fine dining each evening, consisting of a 5 course menu with local flare. Woodall embodies fine dining at a five star level. We could not fault any dish, pared perfectly with a well chosen and thoughtful wine list. Service is 5 star with unobtrusive attention to guests and their needs. Will I return for a third and more visits? Wild horses would not keep me away.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank trish377
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Woodall Country House and Spa is an oasis. We loved our time there. The staff are efficient and friendly and our rooms were beautifully decorated and immacuately kept. Meals served in the restaurant are gastronomic and definitively top notch. What a treat!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2017

It is a very nice hotel, very close to the Addo Elephant National Park.
We found everything perfectly organized, staff are very friendly and helpful. We had a fantastic cottage, with a super modern and amazing shower, always clean and warm (we stayed during winter).
We appreciated the restaurant so much, all dishes tasted delicious and changed every day. We do advise this accomodation, wonderful for couples, families, whatever!!

Hope to come back soon!
Ramy and Paola

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2017

we stayed here for our safari's in the Addo Elephant Parc. The hotel is very beautifull, we had a big room with our own pool. The breakfast is delicious. The staff amazing. We also had our dinner in the Woodall, very good food and great service. We also booked our safari's there, which was very nice. We saw the 3 of the big five, so for sure we have to come back to spot the other 2. Please do not look further just book the Woodall !

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple