“Wonderful Outing”

Woodall Country House and Spa
Ranked #1 of 11 Speciality Lodging in Addo
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Woodall is a great place to stay while visiting Addo. The rooms are top notch. The food is great and the ambiance is perfect for this ind of trip. Our guide on the safari was knowledgeable and charming. I highly recommend a one or two night stay.

Room Tip: the base room is luxurious
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 August 2017

My family and I had the pleasure of staying at Woodall using it as a home base for exploring Addo Elephant Park, and it was truly a treat. The property is beautiful and no detail is overlooked. The food is fantastic, and the staff is helpful and friendly. It's in a citrus orchard, so make sure to try the homemade lemonade available each day at reception. Our game drive with Ruan was a highlight of our trip to South Africa and gave us the tools to do a meaningful self drive the following day. I would love to return to Woodall.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2017

This was my second visit to Woodall Country House and Spa within three months. It did not disappoint. As a frequent traveller, both on business and for leisure, it takes a lot to knock me over with consistent service delivery, staff attitude and accommodation. The first time I visited Addo I was retreating from the world due to the loss of a loved one. I had notified the uber sophisticated and efficient GM, Eduan of the reason for my spending time at Woodall. The kindness, caring and service I received was world class. From the cleaning staff right through to the special Spa and staff, to the fine dining table, I was met with warmth and genuine concern for my welfare. This is a rarity in our frantic world where time does not stand still. At Woodall it does. I vowed to return, this time bringing two close friends with me to share in the pure pleasure and delight of staying at Woodall Country House and Spa. Three days of bliss followed. My previous suite had been booked for me, with a welcoming basket of fruit and fine champagne which we enjoyed on the deck overlooking the Woodall swans and bird species. Attention to detail is everywhere, from the Nespresso machine in each room, to the delicate ferns arranged on towels and bedside tables. Rooms are very spacious, twin indoor and outdoor showers, bath and double basin completes the picture. My room had an annexe with sleeper couches, ideal for afternoon lazing and reading. Each suite has a private patio. A tranquil, peaceful location for this lodge on a working citrus farm, where the fragrance of lemons and oranges stays with you on walks, in your room and as you stroll around the property. A secluded swimming pool for summer days and citrus spa offers exceptional treatments under the well trained therapists. Robyn who manages the Spa is a gem. Fine dining each evening, consisting of a 5 course menu with local flare. Woodall embodies fine dining at a five star level. We could not fault any dish, pared perfectly with a well chosen and thoughtful wine list. Service is 5 star with unobtrusive attention to guests and their needs. Will I return for a third and more visits? Wild horses would not keep me away.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank trish377
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Woodall Country House and Spa is an oasis. We loved our time there. The staff are efficient and friendly and our rooms were beautifully decorated and immacuately kept. Meals served in the restaurant are gastronomic and definitively top notch. What a treat!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2017

It is a very nice hotel, very close to the Addo Elephant National Park.
We found everything perfectly organized, staff are very friendly and helpful. We had a fantastic cottage, with a super modern and amazing shower, always clean and warm (we stayed during winter).
We appreciated the restaurant so much, all dishes tasted delicious and changed every day. We do advise this accomodation, wonderful for couples, families, whatever!!

Hope to come back soon!
Ramy and Paola

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Addo
13.8 km away
Kuzuko Lodge
#1 of 12 in Addo Elephant National Park
5.9 km away
Addo Dung Beetle Guest Farm

Been to Woodall Country House and Spa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Woodall Country House and Spa

Address: Jan Smuts Ave | Woodall Farm, Addo, Sundays River Valley 6105, South Africa
Region: South Africa > Eastern Cape > Greater Addo > Sundays River Valley > Addo
Bar / Lounge Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #1 of 11 Speciality Lodging in Addo
Price Range: $203 - $469 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:5 star — Woodall Country House and Spa 5*
Woodall is a beautiful property, situated on a peaceful citrus farm, 65km from Port Elizabeth and adjacent to the Addo Elephant Park. It is ideally suited for nature lovers, food and wine connoisseurs, as well as those seeking time out in the spa. Accommodation is private with exceptionally large rooms, especially the suites which have their own pools. There is a wide choice of relaxation areas, including indoor and outdoor sitting areas, library, sundowner deck and chill room. This award winning boutique hotel is the ideal base from which to explore the adjacent Addo Elephant Park, and nearby game reserves such as Schotia, Amakhala, Pumba, Kwantu and Elephant Back Safaris. Honeymooners are specially pampered in an environment of peace and privacy. Stylish, regional cuisine is served in the thatched dining room with views of resident herons, cormorants and rare waterbirds. The cuisine is inspired by the flavours of local ingredients and freshly picked herbs and vegetables. Complementing the menu is the Diner's Club Diamond award winning cellar, boasting a unique and comprehensive collection of fine South African wines, personally selected by the owner. The Citrus Spa offers a unique range of treatments, inspired by the surrounding orchards, and includes a sauna, hydrobath, steam room, Vichy shower and couple's therapy room and gym. Safaris to Addo Park depart daily Experience game at close quarters from Woodall's open Landcruiser. Five Star Country House (TGCSA). ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Wotif.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Woodall Country House and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Woodall Country House Hotel Addo