The Cooks Oasis Holiday Villas
USD 320
  • Breakfast included
Aro'a Beachside Inn(Arorangi)(Great Value!)
USD 173
USD 168
  • Breakfast included
The Black Pearl at Puaikura(Arorangi)(Great Value!)
USD 167
USD 162
  • Pool
The Edgewater Resort & Spa(Arorangi)(Great Value!)
USD 512
getaroom.com
USD 224
USD 298
USD 290
  • Breakfast included
Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel(Titikaveka)(Great Value!)
USD 307
USD 270
Club Raro(Avarua)
USD 116
USD 113
USD 128
USD 72
  • Pool
All reviewsreef shoesshort walkgreat hostsself cateringplunge poolkikau hutrental carbeach chairssee whalesgarden villablack rockfiltered waterbeautiful beacha great place to stayclose to townsmall resortthe location is perfect
Reviewed 25 January 2018

One of the best kept secrets of Rarotonga. I've stayed here twice, once under the current owners and once under the previous. It's always clean, tidy and quiet. The beach is a little walk from the complex but well worth it. Granted that the beach is not as pristine as the beach fronts of larger resorts but to me it's more real. The Cooks Oasis is well placed in terms of location, sunset and the airport. I recommend this place for your next stay.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank M T
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

I recently booked this place. It offered Free Cancellation and I paid a deposit. Sadly I have had to cancel my trip. I canceled my booking but they have one decided to deduct an unquoted $75admin fee. There is no such thing as a Free Cancellation. Be warned

Stayed: January 2018
4  Thank Alison W
Reviewed 9 December 2017

We found The Cook's Oasis to be a small, quiet, relaxing resort, close to the beach and lagoon which was great for snorkelling. It is only a few kilometers from the main town, but there are restaurants and a bakery close by. Units are clean and are serviced every 2 days. Staff are courteous and helpful and the manager, Deb was very helpful with information about the island and activities.

A wide range of books, DVDs, magazines, snorkelling gear and deck chairs are available for use.

The only downside, and the sole reason we will not book at Cook's again, was that the water was not treated as it is at some of the other resorts. Drinking water could be purchased from reception for $6 a 3L bottle, which could then be refilled for $5. I have been ill and must be very careful, so the fact that I needed to scald plates etc prior to use and the number of very small ants in the unit made cooking a nightmare. This may not be such an issue for others.

Restaurants we went to include the Anchorage, next door to cook's. Excellent meal and well priced. Salsa is a great cafe in the middle of Avarua and is open for breakfast and lunch. It also has excellent food. Charlies near Muri serves fish burgers and fish sandwiches. My husband ordered the fish sandwich, which turned out to be delicious, but massive. On seeing my husband's plate, others ordered one for two people, which is more than enough.

Highlights of the trip included the peole, the beach, snorkelling, the best sunset I have ever seen and Te Vara Nui.

Te Vara Nui is a cultural show in Muri. You can go early for a village tour or just for the meal and show. It is $129 per person, but well worth it. The village tour was a humourous look at village customs, crafts, medicinal herbs and fishing. This was followed by the best food we have ever had at such an event and then a great show featuring local dancers.

Room Tip: We stayed in a Garden View room, very secluded and quiet
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Treena M
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

It's more for old people. Not for youth. I felt very restricted, like couldn't make noise it was really bad. As for the rooms it was ok. Aircon was $30 a day. It's gets really hot in the villas. And it was cheaper to taxi it with my friends then paid for transfers. The pool wasn't that great. But all in all it was ok I guess. I don't stay here again. Debbie was the host she was clueless cause she was new.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Larry S
Reviewed 15 November 2017

The cooks oasis is great self catering villas. They have coffee, tea, sugar and a small carton of milk to start you off. The villas are clean and tidy with only a very short walk on to the beach. The owner and manager were exceptionally helpful. I would recommend the cooks oasis to anyone wanting a lovely relaxing holiday.

Room Tip: The villas are very quiet with a strict no party policy.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple