Lowest prices for your stay
USD 176
Free cancellation until 04/02/22
Booking.comUSD 177
PricelineUSD 177
CheapTicketsUSD 176
All reviews steve and geraldine live music beach bar cook islands white sandy beach fish shipwreck hut lagoon raro units cooks nz
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 July 2021

This trip was just after the NZ/Cook Islands bubble opened. As such, things were only just starting to open on the island. This led to 12 very lazy beach and sea days with the occasional trip into town.
I've never been so relaxed in my life.
highly recomended.

Date of stay: June 2021
Steve Marson, Owner at Aro'a Beachside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2021

Kia Orana,
Thank you so much for your review, very happy that you enjoyed your holiday with us.
I was great to meet you guys and thanks again for the TV show recommendation.
We hope to see you again soon.
Steve, Geraldine and the A Team.

P.S. I still have Procol Harum buzzing round my head....

Reviewed 26 June 2021

This was the second time my friend and I have stayed at Aro’a Beachside Inn. I’ve never stayed anywhere else in Raro and have no intention of doing so, now that I’ve stayed at Aro’a which is owned and managed by onsite owners, Steve and Geraldine, a delightful Kiwi couple (and their lovely dog Dexter), who really make the place the special place it is.

Aro’a is an 'adults only' resort which would appeal to anyone wanting a quiet break, and is situated right on the white sandy beach beside the crystal clear water where it’s safe to swim and snorkel, amongst the colourful fish and coral. The units are spotlessly clean, and are well appointed for sea views and sun, and the gardens and grounds are beautifully maintained. The staff are friendly and welcoming and really help to give the place a ‘family feel’. The Shipwreck Hut & Beach Bar is the hub of the resort where a complimentary breakfast of fresh fruit and muffins is available in the mornings and drinks and delicious dinners served up in the evenings. Aro’a is definitely a resort with a difference, with a ‘homely’ feel that you don’t get at a large touristy resort. I wholeheartedly recommend it.

Room tip: All rooms are quiet, although the roosters that roam the property do crow in the early hours.
Date of stay: June 2021
Steve Marson, Owner at Aro'a Beachside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2021

Kia Orana Rose,

Thank you for your amazing review, your comments are really appreciated.

So happy that you enjoyed your holiday with us, it was a absolute pleasure, and lots of fun, having you both here. I think Priest has just about recovered haha.

We hope to see you back again soon.

Meitaki ma'ata,

Steve, Geraldine and the awesome A Team.

Reviewed 29 May 2021

Beautiful and well-equiped rooms, everything perfect, including the beds and the moscito-proofing :)

Extremely friendly staff and owners. They found tours for us, and one of the staff sourced eggs for us while there were no eggs in the shops on the island!

Excellent food - and very flexible, they made food suited for my partner's dietary requirements.

Good location at one of the widest parts of the lagoon.

Date of stay: May 2021
Steve Marson, Owner at Aro'a Beachside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2021

Kia Orana Helene,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review. You guys were an absolute pleasure to host.

We are all very happy to see your feedback and we really hope that you'll make it back to see us again in the future.

It was very special to have you as our first guests after the border opened.

Reviewed 8 May 2020

Beautiful sea facing small and personal. Lovely people, fun and comfortable non demanding atmosphere. Great breakfast and drinks in the beach bar. Tons of character and definitely a one off. No rowdiness just a really wonderful and rare opportunity for meeting nice people of many nationalities and to enjoy the lovely island of Raratonga. We will always remember our stay here as one of the best trips ever. Thank you all.

Room tip: De Luxe Sea front ,but all have sea views and are well equipped.
Date of stay: June 2019
Steve Marson, Owner at Aro'a Beachside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2020

Kia Orana,

Wow, thank you so much for your fantastic review.

We really appreciate that you took the time to write your review, your comments are gratefully received.

Be great to see you guys back again if you are ever in this part of the world again.

Reviewed 1 March 2020

Lovely place on the west side of Raro. I only spent a single night here but was warmly wlecomed. The rooms have everything you need or want, the location is perfect and the hosts lovely. You can't beat the view from the bar on the beach. I didn't eat here except for breakfast. The included breakfast was lovely - fresh local fruit, coffee, toast and a pipng hot muffin.

I recall reading a review on how the breakfast wasn't substantial enough. I can only imagine those particular reviewers may be used to a full buffet breakfast. It is not that, but well enough.

Lovely stay.

Date of stay: February 2020
Steve Marson, Owner at Aro'a Beachside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2020

Kia Orana Andrew,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review, much appreciated.

Be great to see you back again in the future.