“Best dessert i ever had!”
Review of El Pital

El Pital
Ranked #1 of 1 Bars & Pubs in Altagracia
Price range: USD 2 - USD 8
Cuisines: Latin
Description: Welcome to El Pital Chocolate Paradise - where there is Magic in every moment. This is a new project that I am working on, or currently the project that's chosen me to be the creator. El Pital Chocolate Paradise is one of the most magical places in Ometepe, Nicaragua, an island inside a massive sweet water lake that is made of two volcanoes. One volcano that has magma in it (fire) and one that has a lake in the crater (creating waterfalls and mineral-rich springs). So, El Pital is located almost directly in the middle of this infinity shaped island. It's on a beautiful bay with a magical atmosphere, making it the ideal place to create our chocolate factory dream. With the most delicious and healthy chocolate in the world, El Pital creates positive vibes and spreads them to the rest of the world with appreciation and love to all of nature. My vision is to be a world class chocolate factory with a sustainable village and organic farm that runs events, ceremonies, does volunteer projects, private cabanas, dorms, flying camping, tree houses, a water park, and a gourmet vegetarian restaurant. We also will be offering classes, learning and growing in the botanical gardening, and making a lot of chocolate. Come to experience this paradise for yourself and help us to share this beautiful project with the world. Lots of love, Yves Sun (Owner/Chef)
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

El Pital is still building but already beautiful with nice views over the lake. People are very friendly and love to tell all about the chocolate making proces. The chocolate was very rich, creamy and full of flavours. We ordered a smoothie with passion fruit and their signature dish the mango madness. We will be back for more deliciousness

Reviewed 27 July 2017

For a country known for growing chocolate, it is hard to find REAL GOOD CHOCOLATE! But this is the place! They gave us a tour of their kitchen and how they make some amazing raw chocolate! Some great looking dishes and drinks too! Highly recommend the Kombucha!

Reviewed 14 July 2017

Disappointingly, the cacao is brought in from Matagalpa (where another delicious, less expensive local chocolate is made) and they add things that are NOT native to Nicaragua (like walnuts and cranberries bought at PriceSmart - the Costco of Central America). However, you can tell a lot of love has gone into it and they're trying hard to live up to their desire to "make the best chocolate in Nicaragua". It was high quality - creamy and flavorful - I'll give them that. My friends got a fabulous concoction called Mango Madness that was tasty. It's adventure getting down there (we walked in the dark), so if you're into the "free love" and hippie vibe, this is the place. But as far as what they're putting back into the community and work for Nicaraguans, I didn't see any sustainability or development.

yves s, Owner at El Pital, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2017

Thank you for your comment, it gives us an opportunity to explain about our main project, which is not related to chocolate. One of the main purposes of el Pital's existence is to create mass reforestation projects in Nicaragua by planting fruit trees for everyone to enjoy now and for future generations, while providing good stable jobs to many locals on Ometepe and in Nicaragua. We has begun this project through our new community service oriented non-profit - El Pital Verde. This "green" project has already begun with us cleaning up plastic and other trash from the streets every week because we care about and love this community - our home too - and we want to keep it beautiful for everybody. The next step which is already in the planning phase, will be planting fruit forests. Our vision is bigger than a chocolate paradise, and we want to create positive vibes through our love and appreciation to nature and spread the positive seeds all around for a sustainable and healthy world. :-) <3

Reviewed 13 July 2017

This was the highlight of our short 2 day stint in Ometepe. After a quick tour of the chocolate factory with a couple members of the very friendly staff, we inhaled a Mango Magic ball which I have had wonderful, mystical dreams about ever since. The chocolate was by far some of the best that I have ever had. They let me pour the hot chocolate sauce over the magic ball to melt it open and reveal the homemade mango ice cream inside. It was unbelievably good. After the magic ball we juggled soccer balls with some of the staff that were on break and walked on the slack line right next to the covered dining area. If we could have stayed for a week I would have easily done that and never left El Pital, I will most certainly be returning as soon as I can. Don't miss it when you go to Ometepe!

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

My friends and I rode our bicycles from our hostel to this lovely chocolate factory for breakfast. What started as a breakfast, turned into a three hour visit. To begin, the food was absolutely incredible. Organic, healthy, and delicious. It was a chocolate based breakfast (handmade there) with fresh fruits and homemade, non-dairy ice cream ! Equally as amazing were the people who live and work there. We were quickly deep in conversation, learning about the farm and their vision. The view is incredible as well. Wonderful swings to enjoy by the beautiful lake. I cannot say enough about this place and it is a must to visit when on Ometepe Island. You are in a magic when you enter the beautiful place.