“Not to be missed ”

San Juan Islands Sculpture Park
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This sculpture park near Roche Harbor is a wonderful stop to wander around a large number of unique sculptures in all types of medium (bronze, wood, glass, wire and assorted discarded materials.)
The park covers about 20 acres and has 4 separate, marked trails to enable one to see the entire installation. There are also side trails into the forest and to the waters edge. Be sure to read the numerous, short poems that accompany the artwork. A great place to wander.

All reviews
"recommended donation"
"relaxing stroll"
"love art"

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

I was reminiscing traveling with a dear friend; and it struck like lightening. The moment I saw “San Juan Island” in my travel journal, the memories began to flash and flood my mind.
We flew in on a cool morning. The air was crisp and clear, the sent of lavender and ocean was almost intoxicating. We had a coffee in a small cafe and proceeded to the sculpture garden. It was beautiful. We spent the entire day meandering hand in hand and enjoying the sights. It is a moment in time I wish I could relive.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Walking just a short way up from our boat in the harbor we came upon the Sculpture garden! It's beautifully laid out and well maintained (due to the donations of visitors like ourselves). There are various loops and trails to meander with well marked works of art. Seemingly most of the art is for sale, although really unusually pricey...I'm thinking the artists really didn't care if they sold their work or not! View works in metal, ceramic, wood, recycled materials....all to view and enjoy.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Relaxing stroll through a vast outdoor area filled with all types of artistic sculptures. If you have ever wanted to leave your mark on that stump, tree trunk or telephone pole...here's your chance. There is an interactive sculpture which includes some wood carving poles and a soldering gun to make your mark. Sculptures are made from all types of materials. A vast array of various sights and textures.

1  Thank AnitaBee1
See more reviews
Reviewed 15 August 2017

The Sculpture Park is something special. It's an outdoor art museum! If you love art, this is a MUST see. If you don't love art, this is a MUST see. The park itself is lovely with walking trails around a small lake (more like a very big pond). Each trail has sculptures, so make sure you walk all the trails. Pay attention because the art is hidden everywhere (don't forget to look up). This was an amazing place for me because I found a sculpture there I identified with on a personal level. I wish I could buy that sculpture. Oh! And that's another thing. The sculptures are - mostly - for sale. Each one has a price tag so if you are fortunate enough to afford one, it can be yours. As an art lover, this was a magical place. As a nature lover, this was a mini adventure. I highly recommend a trip. Make sure your take your time to enjoy!