See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 August 2015 via mobile

Arrived late at night, and the hotel was closed. My colleague had got the keys for me, and escorted me to a room at the rear of the hotel, not connected to anything else.

Basic but very clean and friendly. Great breakfast and well placed for Danfoss

Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2014

...traveled there for business and stayed one night. Not too many options in that neck of the woods if you have early meetings with/at Danfoss for example.
Hotel is small, only a few rooms and -believe it or not- the hotel guests are being left alone overnight. Hotel is locked down. Sure, there is fire escape doors but still a bit unusual to know there is no staff. On the plus side: The hotel is so deserted, you have a peaceful, undisturbed sleep ;)

The breakfast buffet was small but fresh and sufficient. The Dinner the evening before was also surprisingly tasty...no menu to choose from though, you eat what's served thank you very much ;).
The room was fine, small flat screen TV and reasonably modern and clean.

Overall I give it a three star for the unique experience.
Would not recommend for extended stays, one night was fine though.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We were there with my friends for a bussiness trip. People were friendly and helpful. Conference room was well enough. Rooms are quiet and comfortable and clean. Food is well prepeared (you must make reservation before). Prices are normal.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Initially: The staff was very friendly, helpfull and competent. The room was OK, but with chairs not too suited to rest in. The TV was tablet size and without possibility of hooking up external equipment. The food was fine, but not on the cheap side! The last night of our stay we were to stay at the hotel totally alone - no one wlse from the hotel would be on the premises, and we felt very uncorfortable - thinking of theft and other possibilities, so we left for the last night, although paid for. Free web was working fine. But only 1/one newspaper for the guests.... But probablly the ideal hotel for visitors of Danfoss.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2013

The price for area was good,,, the interesting take on what this hotel use to be and what it is now,,, if going to Danfoss, Perfect.

The staff is friendly, helpful and very accomodating on arrival and beyond.. If renting a car it would be my first choice to visit Sonderborg..

If going to Danfoss Perfect, if wanting to see Sonderborg, yes, there is bus service, but should have a rental car to make it feasible, as I did.

This hotel/conference center has a unique design and layout. At first, I was not sure what to think of it, but then I noticed a date stone on the hotel indicated it was built back in 1966 which gave the facility a retro feel that I was ok with. I noticed right-away most travelers to the hotel are on business to Danfoss or other companies which are in the area. For all others on holiday/vacation looking to vist Sonderborg -- you can take a city bus to reach but, as I had, a rental car is the most practical way to travel around if staying here. The rooms had some updates and lacked others. It seems they are working on them on a piece-meal basis. Nonetheless,my room was clean and kept in order. The entrance to hotel had a front desk with a large screen tv and tables/chairs you could sit and relax at. The hotel was very quiet with minimal people coming and going. I will say all the staff I encountered where geat and most helpful - no complaints there. I would stay again, knowing location to many sites and with the help of rental car -- its worth a look!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business