“A beautiful setting in peaceful countryside.”

Best Western Hotel L'Oree
Reviewed 19 October 2016

We didn't know much about L'Oree when we booked, but this hotel surpassed our expectations. It is in such a beautiful setting, with walks right out of the door and great views too. It's handy for the roads despite where it is. The facilities are great - a spa, tennis court, lovely places to sit and enjoy the sun. The rooms we're a good size and more than adequate. We had our own balcony as do most of the rooms we saw. The food in the evening was on the good side of adequate - not haut cuisine but perfectly enjoyable and plenty of choice. Breakfast was good too, and the staff charming, friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tennisfiend
François B, General Manager at Best Western Hotel L'Oree, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2016

Dear Madam,
Thank you for this nice comment. I am glad to read that you enjoy your stay with us. All the staff thanks you for having appreciated their service.
I hope having the opportunity to welcome you soon.
Best regards
General Manage

Reviewed 31 March 2016

We absolutely loved staying a L'Oree and so did our dog.
The rooms were on the large side and well maintained.
Thought the Hotel is a bit isolated it boost a restaurant where lovely food is served and a spa area
Finally the hotel is set on massive gardens giving plenty of space to our dog to play and run around

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
François B, General Manager at Best Western Hotel L'Oree, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2016

Dear Madam,
Thanks for posting a comment on your recent stay in our hotel. I am pleased to read that you, and your dog, enjoyed your stay with us. I hope to see you back soon at BEST WESTERN L’Orée.
Best regards
Francois Burel

Reviewed 10 December 2015

Stayed at this hotel on 3rd of December. Watch out at check out! The staff are the worst I have experienced: unfriendly, cant be bothered, don't come back attitude, Absolutely terrible! Avoid this hotel if you can.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank Boston N
François B, General Manager at Best Western Hotel L'Oree, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2015

Dear Sir,

In another comment you left, you have explained that your dissatisfaction was coming due to a different rate you have paid comparing to your colleague. Your colleague booked a standard room directly to the hotel and you booked a suit room throw Internet. As you probably know, rates are not the same on every channel and of course not the same for a standard room or a suit.
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologise for not exceeding your expectations.
I hope that you will consider staying with us again.
Your sincerlly

Reviewed 15 November 2015

This is a real find--not far from Paris and close to Orsay and 15 minutes' drive from the University Paris-Sud. You do need a taxi for getting around but if your priority is peace, quiet and natural beauty, this is your place to be. I was there in November and room temperature and comfort were good--I opened the French windows and enjoyed the balcony and there was a controllable radiator when it got chilly in the evening. But those visiting in very hot summer weather may want to ensure they are comfortable with the fact that there is no air conditioning in the rooms.

If I were to make one suggestion to the management, it would be to put some vegetarian options on the menu--there were none and though the kitchen staff kindly cooked me something veggie on request, I felt they were not used to cooking interesting and tasty veggie food. For this reason I dropped them one star, but that's the only reason.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
François B, General Manager at Best Western Hotel L'Oree, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2015

Dear Madam,
Thanks for taking time to comment, again, your recent stay with us. As I write you on another web site, I will ask the chef to work on a veggie meal.
We hope to see you back soon.
Regards
François Burel – General Manager

Reviewed 9 October 2015 via mobile

I booked this hotel on the basis of availability and convenient price for one night stay.This hotel is in the country, 40' away from Orly airport. The first impression is of a nice place in the green, enforced by style of interior and rooms. Furniture is essential but appropriate for the place. Wifi works well. Room was comfortable. I have met business travelers looking like having familiarity with the place, confirming to me that it could be a good choice for few nights in a pleasant, inexpensive place in the country.

Restaurant was below expectations. I had dinner at reasonable price, having food with good taste but not high quality. Service was unsatisfactory, including some confusion in the bill (charged twice, costing 10 minutes to fix at check out). Breakfast was definitely very limited in choice and not good quality: croissant and pain chocolat was far from average, although pain epice was good. Unfortunately it was too cold to stay on the terrace, facing the green.

The position is good for places as Les Ulis, but you must go there with your car (or rent one): it is in the middle of country, and taxi can cost much money (70€ from Orly).

Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
François B, General Manager at Best Western Hotel L'Oree, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2015

Thank you for writing a comment on your recent stay at the BEST WESTERN L’Orée.
By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.
Regarding your taxi journey, the hotel is 10 to 15 minutes from Orly airport and usually the fee should not be over 20 euros.
We hope you will come back and see us again soon.
If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 0161483838.
Yours sincerely,
François Burel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saulx-les-Chartreux
Passy
Hotel Felicien by Elegancia
Hotel Felicien by Elegancia
#382 of 1,802 in Paris
Paxton Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Ferrieres-en-Brie

Been to Best Western Hotel L'Oree? Share your experiences!