All reviewsswiss diamondstar hotellake viewshuttle servicebeautiful locationfree shuttlehotel is locatedamazing hoteloutdoor poolattention to detailnice viewbreakfast buffetlago restaurantspa areatwo hoursstayed here for one nightmilan airport
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel is in Morcote a couple of minutes from Lugano. We had a nice traditional room with view over the lake. The hotel style is traditional. Perfect for a weekend when you look for a quiet place, outside pool and time to relax.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Direzione_albergo, Direttore generale at Swiss Diamond Hotel Lugano, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Dear Marco R,
Thank you so much for your great feedback about your stay with us. It is very much helpful to listen to your comments for all of us. I hope to welcome you back in the next future and in the meantime I wish you all the best.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Not many great 5 star options in Lugano. For the money this was the best value I could find.

Rooms are dated, but if you book a lake view room you get a very nice view.

The staff is helpful but not overly friendly. I’ve experienced much friendlier service at 4 star hotels.

Overall a safe choice if you want to relax by the lake in a decent hotel without getting taken to the cleaners.

Stayed: August 2017

Dear Guest, thank you for your recent stay at Swiss Diamond and for your positive feedback. I sorry to hear the comments about our staff, but at the same time I am sure of theirs commitment to meet all the needs of our guests in a professional and courteous way, trying every time to go the extra-mile. However, considering your appreciation for the room, I still hope to welcoming you again at Hotel Swiss Diamond.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Stayed in the end of July. We liked the most vied from the hotel (lake view) and the room itself. Was spacious, enough space for 3, nicely furnished although slightly aged, quite and comfortable. Hotel’s restaurant on the other side of the road with fantastic lake view. Nice jogging option.

Space for improvement. Wifi could work better in our room, parking during the weekend had not enough space for all cars.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
thank a lot for your positive feedback about your stay with us. We always pay lots of attention to cleaning, service and clients’ requirements. I hope to welcome you back in the next future to Swiss Diamond Hotel and in the meantime I wish you all the best.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

This hotel has many great things about it:
* Location!!! Right next to lake offering great views. And the fact that there is road between hotel and lake does not bother at all - they have underground tunnel for reaching lake - very convinient.
* Hotel grounds are great - sunbathing and swimming in lake, little spa with jakuzzi, steam sauna, hammam and indoor pool.
* There is pool outside as well but they do not have sumbeds there and also the pool is very cold there - in august lake water was warmer and more enjoyable
* Rooms are clean and nice
* Parking available

The only things we did not loooove about this hotel was the staff there - I must agree with someone who wrote a rewiev about this hotel lacking attetion to detail.
I booked a hotel directly from homepage and had only one special request - room with a bathtub. When arrived we still got a room without it.
Also - on last day (we stayed 4 nights) we asked for check-out one or two hour later and they refused telling that our room will be needed -the hotel were definately not sold out - also - our room was not the nicest one in this hotel - it had no view, no balcony etc. And booking.com showed plenty rooms available on that day - so that tells already something about staff.
Overall all the staff was polite and professional, BUT not friendly (bit haughty even).

I really liked this hotel - some attention to their staff attitude and visiting it could be amazing experience.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Direzione_albergo, Direttore generale at Swiss Diamond Hotel Lugano, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Dear Guest, thank you so much for your positive feedback about your stay with us! Guests’ impressions are very important and helpful for us, especially with regards to our facilities and service in order to improve. I’m going to share your comments with my team members who will be delighted to hear about your experience with us. I hope that you will be able to come back to Lugano and stay at Swiss Diamond Hotel. Kind regards.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

I like this place
Nice view, nice rooms but breakfast is very cheap and even the food at the very ecpensive pool restaurant is nothing special at all
Plus swimming pool water was always cold even during very hot days

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Thank confusa e felic... N
Direzione_albergo, Direttore generale at Swiss Diamond Hotel Lugano, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Dear Guest, your fantastic review is the best part of our work. Thanks a lot! We are really glad you enjoyed the visit at us and appreciate so much our culinary experience and hearty hospitality. We really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon and stay at Swiss Diamond Hotel Lugano.