“Beautiful lakeside hotel”

Swiss Diamond Hotel Lugano
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Vico Morcote
Reviewed 5 May 2017

Best to book a room overlooking the lake, and with a terrace. The extra cost is well worth it. Very good breakfasts, lots of choice with lovely staff. The larger rooms are spacious, with a sitting area separate from the sleeping area. Spotlessly clean throughout. Evening meals are to a very high standard, beautifully presented. Can be a little OTT for every night, but a short walk away in Morcote Ristorante de la Posta serves an excellent choice of very good food. Very handy for touring the area, being out of Lugano much quieter, and with free parking. Excellent hotel, been twice and would go again. Easily driveable from Milan airport.

Room Tip: Lake view with terrace, superb
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Direzione_albergo, Direttore generale at Swiss Diamond Hotel Lugano, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

Dear Guest,
thank you so much for your positive feedback about your stay with us! Guests’ impressions are very important and helpful for us, especially with regards to our facilities and service in order to improve. I’m going to share your comments with my team members who will be delighted to hear about your experience with us. I hope that you will be able to come back to Lugano and stay at Swiss Diamond Hotel.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

I travelled to the Swiss Diamond Hotel in January for my birthday and i have to say it was the best Birthday of the 24 i have had so far! I consider myself a fairly fussy traveller, i like to stay in nice places and this hotel tops the lot. The rooms are great, a lot of space and the view of the lake is incredible. Sitting on the balcony looking out over the lake in almost complete silence was beautiful and rare for someone who lives in London!
The staff were helpful, they provided us with a few things to do- I got the impression that they didn't get a lot of young guests as its an expensive hotel, so they really tried to find things in Lugano that we might find interesting. Our biggest disappointment was that the cable cars in Lugano are not open during winter months, however this is nothing to do with the hotel. For our budget the food in the hotel was very expensive so we ate out around Lugano and found some really nice restaurants. Although we did have a breakfast buffet included in our stay and it was very nice. The shuttle service to and from town was very convenient and didn't cost us a penny. Lastly, the spa was amazing!! We used it everyday, the facilities were excellent and were kept very clean. The only thing i would do differently next time is come during the summer, as it was January we obviously couldn't use the outside pool, although it was still a terrific holiday and experience made better by this wonderful hotel. If you have the money to spend, which you should when visiting Switzerland, then i would certainly recommend this hotel! If we can ever afford it we will be returning again.

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor with a view of the lake- AMAZING
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Direzione_albergo, Direttore generale at Swiss Diamond Hotel Lugano, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

Dear James L,

Reviewed 8 April 2017

This is truly a first class hotel. My husband and I spent three days at this hotel and we had a memorable experience. Our room was facing the lake, was so opulent and tastfully furnished. The bathroom was amazingly done, with attention to every single detail, toiletries available, down to shaving kit, toothbrushes, etc. Towels are soft, linen is beautiful, bed was king size and had great pillows..
Everything was top notch. We also ate at their top floor restaurant, what an amazing meal! It is not cheap, but then the meal was very special. All the staff was very professional, yet relaxed and had amazing manners. The fact that the hotel is outside Lugano is a bonus, it is what exactly we wanted after coming back from town. There is a daily shuttle service, so there is no loss, only gain! This is one of the few hotels that will truly stay in our memory for a long time.

Stayed: April 2017
Direzione_albergo, Direttore generale at Swiss Diamond Hotel Lugano, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

Reviewed 15 March 2017

My husband and I stayed in this hotel 11th-14th March booking via Voyage Prive. The hotel is absolutely stunning.
Location is perfect, right on the lake on a quiet road overlooking the lake and mountains. Plenty of parking. 15min drive into town – they offer a free shuttle service to Lugano until 9.30pm (on Saturday night we wanted to go for a meal further away from the town and they offered to take us to Lugano and then we could pay the difference instead of getting a taxi the whole way, which was very nice)
Upon arrival we were greeted by a doorman who helped me out of the car and took our bags. We then reached reception, through a grand hallway with bright chandeliers and lovely decor. We were told we had been upgraded to a lake view room. The receptionist talked us through everything and then escorted us to our room. Our bags were delivered soon after.
The room was spacious with everything you would need, as well amazing views!
Breakfast was lovely, a huge selection of hot and cold buffet items, as well as a menu to choose from if you fancied something else (for an extra charge)
The spa is clean and well equipped, also very relaxing.
The bar was also great, with live music every night until 1am (this could not be heard outside the bar so didn’t disturb the rest of the hotel) the cocktails were great.
We visited the Panorama Restaurant during our stay. The service was unbelievable. I am coeliac and after telling the waiter he was able to go through the entire menu and tell which items were safe for me. Also bringing gf bread and biscuits. The food was faultless – really delicious and well cooked.
We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely return.
The only tiny downsides are - the room was very warm. There was aircon but I couldn’t seem to get it down below 19 degrees - however it didn’t bother me enough to ask someone to look at it, so maybe my own fault.
And the food/drinks in the hotel are expensive (equivalent of £9 for a can of coke on the room service menu) we understand Switzerland is an expensive place to visit but even for us this seemed steep.
Other than that it was absolutely perfect. The hotel was beautiful and staff cannot do enough for you.
Would recommend this to anyone who wants a bit of luxury and relaxation!

Room Tip: 4th floor Lake View Room
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sbb24
Direzione_albergo, Direttore generale at Swiss Diamond Hotel Lugano, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2017

Dear Guest,
thank you so much for your detailed feedback about your stay with us! Guests’ impressions are very important and helpful for us, especially with regards to our facilities and service in order to improve. I’m going to share your comments with my team members who will be delighted to hear about your experience with us. I hope that you will be able to come back to Lugano and stay at Swiss Diamond Hotel.

Reviewed 25 February 2017

Beautiful location on the Lake of Lugano with superb views from our rooms. Service was excellent at all levels. The SPA was well appointed and relaxing the Massage and Care services professional and very good.
We had 2 excellent dinners in the Panorama Restaurant with friendly and superb service.

Room Tip: Lake View Room
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Direzione_albergo, Direttore generale at Swiss Diamond Hotel Lugano, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2017

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vico Morcote
The View Lugano
#4 of 45 in Lugano
3.7 km away
Resort Collina d'Oro

Been to Swiss Diamond Hotel Lugano? Share your experiences!