“Outstanding ”

Canyon Overlook Trail
More attraction details
Owner description: This one-mile hiking trail starts just outside the east entrance to the Zion-Mt Carmel Tunnel, and leads to a dramatic observation point that provides impressive views of Zion's rugged landscape.
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Did this hike today. This is a must do at Zion. A couple of places it would be difficult for the faint at heart but making it to the top will be a great accomplishment if you are afraid of heights.

1  Thank Mike G
in 23 reviews
"long tunnel"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

This is a first trail that I would do. We did this trail at the end of our trip. It is an easy hike. I would suggest to wear a hiking shoes. We come from Canada, so we are well equipped for the hike. The view was so spectacular.

2  Thank Jean M
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I hiked this trail and to be honest once we got to the over look, we didn't want to leave. A fairly cut and dry hike ( I used my hiking poles my daughter did not) it is a great adventure ending with a stunning view of the canyon. I'd recommend going during the week and as early in the morning as possible to avoid the crowds.Just a magical place...

2  Thank Kristine L
Reviewed 19 February 2018

This was the first hike we did on our trip to Zion NP and even after doing some of the more famous hikes this was still one of my favorites.
The Trail head/Parking is easy to miss because it's pretty much right after you exit the tunnel.
It has a few places where you're like "WOW if I slip it's not gonna be a good day"
The amazing Canyon overlook vista at the end is definitely worth the hike
An added bonus is we got to see some Big Horn sheep up Close!!

2  Thank KABBANG