All reviews serve pizza calzone pizza parlor best pizza location was perfect basic lodge rustic charm free breakfast big trees three rivers both parks gift shop fireplace alpine miles forest closet
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

After spending the day sightseeing in Sequoia, arrived at Stony Creek Lodge. Was able to get gasoline here. Checked in and this is definitely a “no frills” lodge. Just 11 rooms—older style—could use a bit updating. Pizza restaurant with limited hours. Pasta skillet dinner was great value. Room was clean, but small. Heater did not work and we spent a very cold night there. No issue with lack of hot water, but was advised to be careful with use of blow dryer because lodge uses generator for power.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Well, we had a long journey to get the the Sequoia Park, and then 4 hours of exploring it. We checked ahead to make sure there was a restaurant there, because it's in the middle of the park far from anywhere else. We arrived at 6 pm and asked what time the restaurant closed ... and that was 6.30 ..... and it only did pizza.
The room was clean enough, and the staff were friendly. Although there was a shop, that closed relatively early and the staff all left. keys for people who hadnt arrived yet were left taped to the door of the sitting room. Around 9pm two young girls knocked on the door desperately looking for a room, but I had to tell them everything was locked up.
Following morning I went to pay my bill, and they had already done it without me checking the bil. I was going to pay with my $ credit card, but they took it off the orignal £ card because they had not waited for me to check out.
All in all it's a very expensive hote, presumably because of where it is .... but when you pay a lot of money you expect good service, and we didnt get it. $249 including tax for one night, and no facilities

Room Tip: They all look onto forest, so from that point of view the choice is limited
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stravinsky1975
Reviewed 14 September 2017

We traveled from Yosemite NP and drove the 27 miles into Kings Canyon and back, then headed straight to this hotel arriving at 18.20 exhausted. The hotel staff we came across were very helpful and friendly and advised us if we wanted to eat in the restaurant we needed to go straight away as they only take orders until 18.30 (although the following night was high season and was open until 20.00). We did just that and found they didn't serve alcohol so purchased some from the super mart in reception. We had Pizza's and they were delicious, in fact mine was Gluten free and it was the best I had ever tasted. When we got to our room it was so quaint and cosey with a candlewick bedspread and oldish style furniture and it was nice to have a complimentary bottle of water each. The room itself was clean and the bed was perfectly comfy although not enormous. We had no problems with the hot water and the room temp was fine in June. It was a help yourself breakfast that was included in our cost which included fresh fruits, cereal and bacon and eggs. Paper plates and plastic cutlery not so good. The location was excellent to see all the tourist spots in Sequoia NP and Kings Canyon NP and we stayed two nights which was perfect for us. There is a gas station on site. We loved staying here and will always have fond memories of our stay. Although not cheap, it was compared to other accommodation in the NP.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Billiebob2014
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

I definetly don't recommend. Despite being in the middle of forest I was unable to rest. Some kind of generator was constantly working and making loud noises. The room was rather shabby. I uderstand that hotel itself is old, but old hotels can be really charming and welcoming. This hotel is not charming and welcoming at all. On top of that, it is pricy and some of it's staff is unplesant. The only advantage is the hotel's location.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2017

The place was built in the 40's, therefore the rooms are small, pipes old, no air conditioning. The bed however, was comfortable, the room was tidy and clean. the well water is ice cold and delicious. The shower water pressure is a joke and it takes 5 minutes for the hot water to come through the pipes. That said, the lodge is perfectly located smack dab in the middle of Kings Canyon and Sequoia parks, The complimentary breakfast has everything you could want, eggs, bacon, potatoes, assorted breads, muffins, bagels, fruit, yogurt, etc. They ONLY serve breakfast to lodge guests. Their restaurant serves awesome pizza. I had the best calzone I've ever eaten there. It was HUGE and delicious!

Stayed: July 2017