Montecito Sequoia Lodge & Summer Family Camp(Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park)
USD 214
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 257/night.

Silver City Mountain Resort(Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park)
USD 182
  • Restaurant
Lodgepole Campground(Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park)
  • Restaurant
Grant Grove Cabins(Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park)
Potwisha Campground(Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park)
Kings Canyon Lodge(Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park)
2,592 results
All reviewsparking lotsuperior roomnational parkdining roomsequoia buildingwindow fanseparate buildingspeaks restaurantstewart buildingyour luggagedinner reservationsmain buildingsofa bedgiant forestmake reservationsgift shopbeautiful location
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We enjoyed our single night at the lodge - from dining to the room. Nice and close to plenty of hikes. My one gripe was the morning breakfast--which I paid for as an upsell when booking the room. They let us get seated for the buffet, and shortly after making my coffee I realized they were breaking things down and taking food away. Our waiter was nowhere to be found. It felt so rude no one bothered to mention we needed to get food right away.

Stayed: January 2018
smatl0ck, Exec Admin Assistant at Wuksachi Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Family Adventures,

I deeply apologize for their neglect and there is no excuse for everyone ignoring what was going on. I hope that you were taken care of eventually and just want to note that this is certainly not our standard of customer service. I make no excuses for them but I will pass this along to the management of that department so it can be addressed in their shift meetings. I hope that you arrived to your next destination safely and that someday you will return.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

We spent 4 nights at Wuksachi Lodge last week. We knew what to expect after reading all the reviews.

Wifi was extremely limited, and there was absolutely no cell coverage.

The property was beautiful, especially with all the snow on the ground. We took a stroll to the back of the main building, across 2 bridges and it was quiet and beautiful.

From the room to the lodge it was just a short walk, even when it was snowing it wasn't too bad. The room itself is ok. What really bugged me was the fan in the bathroom. It was loud and we could hear our neighbors' too so in the morning it was like a symphony with people coming in and out of their bathrooms turning on and off the light which triggered the fan.

We ate dinner at the restaurant for all 4 nights, and 2 lunches as well. The food was good and in my opinion reasonably priced considering the location. And there were enough on the menu to choose from, we didn't repeat any entrées. The wine glass was tiny and not worth the $. The staff was all very nice and accommodating.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank TravelBug128
smatl0ck, Exec Admin Assistant at Wuksachi Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear TravelBug,

Thank you for staying with us and for the wonderful review. I will certainly pass your comments around for all to see. We all hope that you will return again someday to allow us to serve you and make you feel welcomed. I deeply apologize for the noisy fan but we are in the process for getting the older ones replaced with a whisper type ability.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

At the end of a long, long drive, the Lodge offered welcome accommodations and a wonderful bed -- didn't want to get out of bed the next morning to explore because it was so comfortable! This was a perfect base for seeing ALL of Sequoia and Kings Canyon NPs!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joe C
smatl0ck, Public Relations Manager at Wuksachi Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

WoW!!.. thank you Joe for the wonderful review. Its so awesome to hear that you were that comfortable. Thank you for staying with us and for choosing #sequoianationalpark and #wuksachilodge as your vacation destination. We hope to see you again someday.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Ended up staying here for a night, and don't regret it. The room was very nice - not your typical cabin type of stay at all. The bathrooms were nice and clean, and the bed was very comfortable. The rooms and hallway were warm, and it was freezing outside with snow.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fpngn02

Thank you Dear Traveler for your review and for the 5 stars. We are so pleased to hear that you were warm and comfy during your stay and hope that someday you will return and allow us to again, make you feel appreciated and welcomed.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

We came to Wuksachi for a much needed escape for a birthday weekend. Although it had snowed recently, the weather was mild at the bottom of the mountain and no snow was in sight. As we drove up the magnificent winding road into the National Park, the entire biome changed from arid, desert-like plants, into the snowy alpine woods that the lodge sits within. Make sure you are calling in to 559-565-3341 if it's before May to make sure roads are safe to drive and whether you need snow chains. If you are planning on renting chains like we were, it might be better to buy them if you need them for more than 2 days. Rental prices at the A1 Totem Store were $25 per day.

I'm not going to comment what many other reviewers did about the lodge being separate from the rooms, having to walk, etc. It's a short walk. No wifi or cell service was amazing for us to be able to completely disconnect and enjoy the quiet serenity.

We ate breakfast and dinner at the Peaks restaurant and received great service from Nicole, David, Daniel, Ashton, and Miao. Prices are similar to Bay Area but some may consider them elevated... but for a remote restaurant at 7000 feet, it comes with the territory? Food was quick to the table, prepared well, and tasted fresh.

We ended up having to depart a day early due to an incoming snowstorm that would have trapped us on the mountain. It was bittersweet to leave, but we appreciate Jerry helping us understand the weather patterns and assist with our last-minute early checkout.

We will definitely be back once the snow is gone to fully walk the trails and explore the mountains to our heart's delight.

Room Tip: Top floor will offer a quieter room, although the noise did not travel much downstairs
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren F
smatl0ck, Exec Admin Assistant at Wuksachi Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Thank You Lauren for the wonderful review. I appreciate so much, the details as I know your fellow travelers do as well. I will pass on the many compliments to the managers and staff and I know that there will be some rewards and recognition's of them will come from this. I also appreciate that you embraced the "disconnect" from cell and wifi.. we don't all do enough of that. I hope that you arrived home safely and that someday you will return. The Spring and the Summer is the best time as all the new babies are born, wildflowers bloom and all trails are open.